10 Years on - what are people up to nowadays ? :)

Considering most of those I was around with at the time were around 14 years ikd…I now realise it’s been 10 years on! We’re adults!..Sort of.

So, I was curious, what are people up to nowadays? Any/coding/particularly help shape your path?

What is this adulthood that you speak of?

Senior software developer here. :slight_smile: Microsoft .NET mostly.
Although right now I’m doing some stuff using the ServiceNow platform at work.

What about you Taios?

Hey Taios :slight_smile:

Currently in the Air Force as a server admin / network tech. What about you?

Long time, no see, OP.

Still trying to be a professional dev. Should’ve put more time into that college thing. shrugs

[quote=“Pwnd, post:5, topic:554672”]Long time, no see, OP.

Still trying to be a professional dev. Should’ve put more time into that college thing. shrugs[/quote]
Do you have a way of demonstrating your talent? Like some small to medium sized project(s) on GitHub that have been built using the language and environment configuration you wish to work with?

graduating this semester w/ a bachelors in computer science, then starting full time in silicon valley working as a software engineer at cisco

just mulling about

an introduction to scar at such a young age gave me more career options than I could have hoped for but I squandered any opportunity I had, feels bad

[quote=“Lothy, post:6, topic:554672”][quote author=Pwnd link=topic=673597.msg4503952#msg4503952 date=1454948810]
Long time, no see, OP.

Still trying to be a professional dev. Should’ve put more time into that college thing. shrugs
[/quote]
Do you have a way of demonstrating your talent? Like some small to medium sized project(s) on GitHub that have been built using the language and environment configuration you wish to work with?[/quote]Yeah, but I need to refine what I know, I believe. I’m a bit off on some things, and I end up figuring out AFTER it matters heh. Also, lots of job opportunities get filled quickly, so…

But yeah, working on it. Thanks man

[quote=“Niall, post:8, topic:554672”]just mulling about

an introduction to scar at such a young age gave me more career options than I could have hoped for but I squandered any opportunity I had, feels bad[/quote]
It’s actually kind of sad. Those who were competent in the scene years ago have often been non-starters professionally. :frowning: Lots of wasted talent in my opinion.

1 Like

[quote=“Lothy, post:10, topic:554672”][quote author=Niall link=topic=673597.msg4503981#msg4503981 date=1454977331]
just mulling about

an introduction to scar at such a young age gave me more career options than I could have hoped for but I squandered any opportunity I had, feels bad
[/quote]
It’s actually kind of sad. Those who were competent in the scene years ago have often been non-starters professionally. :frowning: Lots of wasted talent in my opinion.[/quote]or they redirected talent into drugs, which ain’t a bad thing

I interned at Google and now work at Square, so things are going pretty well.

[quote=“lawl, post:12, topic:554672”]I interned at Google and now work at Square, so things are going pretty well.[/quote]Nice to see you got that job at Square, I’m so proud of you Michael :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Are you a senior developer yet lawl?

Still just making perfect compilers :smiley:

Don’t worry bro, not everyone can have the expression !IsMendaciousNitwit() evaluate to true.

You and Taharok were probably only a couple years apart from being interns at the same time

School. Eating pizza rolls. Partying. Yep.

I’m just glad to know that 9 years later a post I made when I was 12 is my entire legacy. Maybe next year I’ll release a 10th anniversary update?

[quote=“m.dog311, post:19, topic:554672”][quote author=Lothy link=topic=673597.msg4504159#msg4504159 date=1455173336]
Don’t worry bro, not everyone can have the expression !IsMendaciousNitwit() evaluate to true.
[/quote]
I’m just glad to know that 9 years later a post I made when I was 12 is my entire legacy. Maybe next year I’ll release a 10th anniversary update?[/quote]

The internet will never forget, never forgive.