Anybody here take Adderall? (For reasons other than ADD/ADHD)

in usa you can get psychiatric drugs in PEZ form at your local CVS

[quote=“Lothy, post:19, topic:482775”]Well, when you have an overzealous teacher encourage testing, and an overzealous doctor (or a doctor bullied into writing a prescription by a now concerned parent) coming up with a diagnosis (as mentioned above, one hour of testing in America – note that I have no idea how involved the diagnosis is here in Australia) then you wind up with incorrectly medicated kids.

There are plenty of doctors in Australia that over-prescribe, or prescribe due to pressure from patients. And the parents of children can be the worst of all (they freak out, and they’re relentless naggers).[/quote]
The above happened to me when I was younger, In about grade 2-3 I was diagnosed for ADD, and my family doctor prescribed me Ritalin, I don’t remember the dose and it was higher then it should have been. The pills weren’t working out for me, I wasn’t eating, getting more quiet and odd for a kid at that age, this kept going for about a year, and my mum kept trying to persuade my doctor into lowering the dose, or stopping it but she insisted and in the end my mum just said that’s enough, etc etc and I never heard of her again. At the moment though, I’ve been taking Adderall (prescribed) and I don’t know, doesn’t really feel like a difference to me, I don’t really suggest you use it.

I know this is an old topic but the name of the thread made me curious :stuck_out_tongue:

gtfo classic