General Election: Donald Trump or Hillary Clinton or Bernie Sanders?

and WHY. Make sure to back up your position with reliable sources, such as a direct quote. Stay away from tabloids such as Huffington Post and others.

Just curious about what you guys think. Stay civil.

Clinton would be awful. Liar, manipulator, power-hungry. Really don’t feel the need to find sources, they are all over recently.

Trump would be awful. Has no idea what he’s talking about any of the time, he says whatever is on his mind, which is usually completely irrelevant and means nothing. Has backed out of every proposal he’s made (sanders debate, “tax proposal”, etc). His campaign is fun and patriotic, which gets people into it. He is completely incompetent.

Sanders might be okay. He at least knows what he’s talking about and is honest. I’m not quite as liberal as he is, but the president can’t pass laws against the will of the majority, so I don’t think anyone should be too worried about “sanders making america communist” or anything.

All in all, this election season has been a shit show and with the current way things are panning out I probably just wont vote.

The U.S. campaigns are way too long and expensive. Everyone is brainwashed into thinking only the Democrats and Republicans are the choices. And it’s all designed this way on purpose.

Clinton is basically the status quo, but probably worse. I’m not convinced Trump is anti-republican establishment, as they would want you to believe. They will fund his campaign to beat Clinton with $1 billion dollars. In return he changed his stances such as wanting to appoint pro-life judges to stop abortion. He doesn’t care about climate change and he’s probably anti-science. Just a typical republican in my eyes.

The USA is a huge machine and you wont get any change unless you vote for 3rd party. They need easier and cheaper access to ballots in all states and inclusion in the final debates. The world and technology is changing fast and governments can no longer handle the issues of today. We need to truely redesign everything to work for the people and get rid of the career politicians who are influenced only by lobbying.

[quote=“jme, post:3, topic:555557”]The U.S. campaigns are way too long and expensive. Everyone is brainwashed into thinking only the Democrats and Republicans are the choices. And it’s all designed this way on purpose.

Clinton is basically the status quo, but probably worse. I’m not convinced Trump is anti-republican establishment, as they would want you to believe. They will fund his campaign to beat Clinton with $1 billion dollars. In return he changed his stances such as wanting to appoint pro-life judges to stop abortion. He doesn’t care about climate change and he’s probably anti-science. Just a typical republican in my eyes.

The USA is a huge machine and you wont get any change unless you vote for 3rd party. They need easier and cheaper access to ballots in all states and inclusion in the final debates. The world and technology is changing fast and governments can no longer handle the issues of today. We need to truely redesign everything to work for the people and get rid of the career politicians who are influenced only by lobbying.[/quote]voting third party wont make a change, it will just help the people you disagree with more. it’s just a problem with first past the post voting system that it always ends up with two viable parties (quite a few good videos about it this election cycle; ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo&app=desktop)

Once a “third party” actually gets enough votes to win the election, you start over with the “dead” party becoming the new “third party”

You are right it’s a problem with FPTP. But what about all the people who disagree with both parties/leaders. If there was a viral grassroots movement, it wouldn’t be a waste at all.

Also I should mention I’m Canadian so it’s not like my opinions are welcome there. But its interesting to note we just elected the party in 3rd place, through the FPTP system and one of their promises is electoral reform now.

Remember the key is inclusion in the debates and ballots.

[quote=“jme, post:5, topic:555557”]You are right it’s a problem with FPTP. But what about all the people who disagree with both parties/leaders. If there was a viral grassroots movement, it wouldn’t be a waste at all.

Also I should mention I’m Canadian so it’s not like my opinions are welcome there. But its interesting to note we just elected the party in 3rd place, through the FPTP system and one of their promises is electoral reform now.

Remember the key is inclusion in the debates and ballots.[/quote]

I wouldn’t say your opinion isn’t unwelcome. Everyone can have one.

Anyways… I vote Bernie because, as was stated, he is honest. And I am that liberal. :stuck_out_tongue:

Not to mention that the only other two real options are… Well. Uhm. No.

unu suggests it will be hillary clinton http://unu.ai/

As long as lobbying is allowed in this God forsaken country, there will be no change. If a company has enough money, they can have laws curved to their desires. I have personally lost faith in both the Democratic and Republican party. They are on different sides of the same coin.

^^^

This election in-particular has made this appallingly apparent. :frowning:

"The ruling, capitalist class (whom Marx and Engels referred to as the "bourgeoisie") certainly harnesses social ideas to its needs. But it does so for the purpose of justifying its rule—not changing the unequal relations between rich and poor in society, but keeping them the way they are. The fact that the United States was founded on conquest (of Indians and Mexicans) and enslavement (of Africans), or that the legal system favors the rich over the poor and the white over the Black, or that workers here had to go on strike to get an eight-hour day, is not going to be prominent in most high school textbooks. History reflects the "ruling ideology."

Excerpt From: Paul D’Amato. “The Meaning of Marxism.”

[quote=“Davidi2, post:4, topic:555557”][quote author=jme link=topic=674749.msg4509350#msg4509350 date=1465092345]
The U.S. campaigns are way too long and expensive. Everyone is brainwashed into thinking only the Democrats and Republicans are the choices. And it’s all designed this way on purpose.

The USA is a huge machine and you wont get any change unless you vote for 3rd party. They need easier and cheaper access to ballots in all states and inclusion in the final debates. The world and technology is changing fast and governments can no longer handle the issues of today. We need to truely redesign everything to work for the people and get rid of the career politicians who are influenced only by lobbying.
[/quote]voting third party wont make a change, it will just help the people you disagree with more. it’s just a problem with first past the post voting system that it always ends up with two viable parties (quite a few good videos about it this election cycle; ex: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7tWHJfhiyo&app=desktop)

Once a “third party” actually gets enough votes to win the election, you start over with the “dead” party becoming the new “third party”[/quote]
Too add to it:

And US doesn’t have a third party. Just a few independents.