I'm sorry to announce

That the Official MoparScape server has taken a serious set back.

Namely, we’ve lost our main and only developer: Sini (sinisoul). He worked alone on the server, putting in many hours to create the most efficient and time compatible solutions to problems. It’s safe to say his work will be sorely missed, even more so because it will be unfinished. Our ex-developer, Sini, has his prospects set on a new game entirely called Thornefall founded by a reputable member, and ex-administrator Taharok (Avail). I’d like to personally thank sini for his dedication, and ask others to respect his decision to focus on another project instead.

The show must go on, there was recently a small staff meeting regarding the situation and I’d like to personally invite the thoughts of the community too. It’s always very disappointing and familiar when community projects fail, I funded this one myself without the assistance of moparisthebest and I feel a deep sense of loss for all the time and money I’ve invested but we mustn’t let this set us back. Already a plan has been drawn up to host another server where content is a lot more existent and updates for this will be due within the next few weeks, others may complain this isn’t an achievable dream but consistency is key with anything.

We do need your help, gathering data such as drops and NPC locations, so if you’re able to do even the most basic of tasks please drop me a PM! :slight_smile: Once again, you’ve my sincerest apologies for this, but there is only so much I’m able to do. :frowning:

You can find sini’s personal reasoning below:

[quote=“sini, post:1, topic:553212”]I’m sorry to announce publicly that after today I will no longer be involved with the official server or any serious Runescape emulation projects. I say that with a heavy heart, and I’m grateful to Tom and Davidi2 for the chance and time we spent together trying to create an emulator for the community. I’ve been apart of many projects over the years and I’ve met a lot of great people but I feel as if my time with Runescape emulation has grown beyond that of what can help me grow as a programmer and that I need to move on. Notably I had a great time working on the Moparscape server, both the original and my rendition, PRS06, my creations, and Silabgarza. I wouldn’t be the programmer I am today without this community and I don’t regret the hundreds of hours I spent trying to push the boundaries of emulators or research new topics.

I think this post, as dramatic as it may sound, is speaking to the community. Runescape is growing old, and the excitement that came with trying to discover how Jagex as a company operated at least for me died two years ago with the decline in the games popularity. My passion these past few years were driven by my taste to try and see a rise in the community, and have these adventures once more but I know now that isn’t plausible.

I was content on working on the server until recently I became involved with a project outside of Runescape emulation. This opportunity opened my eyes to the skills I could possess that are outside of emulation and the choice was simple. I have found that in the past year I have decided I want to get into game development so I can create a similar feeling to how I felt when I first loaded into Runescape about ten years ago with everyone.

I suggest to you that you try not to take this all as serious as some of you may, although taking this seriously is wise, I think everyone is really sensitive about how their image stands among people. I wish I spent more of my time instead of getting offended by how people saw me had more fun, and just enjoyed the ride. It went by fast, six years now I’ve been developing servers since the age of 14 and now looking back I know at least I accomplished much. I had a lot of feuds, I made a lot of friends. Making emulators can lead to skills to land you a job but it’s very limited because of the limitations of creativity you constrain yourself to. I found it hard to advance past the level I reached because I simply didnt understand all the nuances of the game client and the architecture of design. People still are learning things today, and I think those skills are better applied to creating instead of emulating. There is a lot of talent here, it just needs better focus instead of wasting effort on something that is too niche.

With those remarks, thank you seriously to the following people. Silabsoft for providing a good bounty of information and security testing the server, Tom for helping me get the server to the point it was, Davidi2 for ideas and your dedication to trying to help me move my work forward, Taharok for giving me helpful advice on programming when I needed it, Lothy for bouncing ideas back and forth when we had nothing to do, Zuppers for testing and providing critical information for the server.

Thanks.[/quote]

Without sinisoul to bring his current base up to par in terms of being able to create content, the only logical steps are to either use a pre-created base and simply host it or go back to the base we were using originally and work from there. sinisoul wrote the base off as garbage and a failure, but I think we know (just based on the quality of servers that have worked before) that you don’t have to have a perfectly designed source to have one that works and is fun to play. As I’ve stated before, I don’t have as much time to work on the base as I used to. But when I have free time I do work on it (I did an updated showoff recently for my construction development) and others can work on it as well if they desire.

Godspeed my friend.

Time to switch gears I guess.

just use pi its the best

i really hope it doesnt fall to the dust

Sad news. Good luck with your future adventures!

sini don’t care :confused:

yoooo im developing thornefall XD ROTFL
hey jagex umad we remade ur cache lmfao gl suing us
lfmao exrdrotfl

wow i feel scammed i donated 50m RSGP for a donator crown when the server came out…

I hear the market is really primed for another runescape type game tho Pure_ ayy lmao

That’s unfortunate, I had been following the development of that project. It was coming along quite nicely!

Sini quits and David loses his boyfriend, big deal.

Yay! We finally go beyond and try to go independent from Jagex. Jagex is no longer a Monopoly that copies people anymore.

i’d be glad to help but how can some people like me help that have little to no experience in coding? I really don’t want this to end…

inb4 Silabsoft’s reply.

EDIT: By the way, there’s a fair bit of truth in Sinisoul’s post. There’s not much else to do in the RS scene. Everything has been done to death.

Also, the OSRS community operated by Jagex has undermined this community in the sense that people can get their nostalgia fix from the source.
With that in mind, why was this being pursued at financial cost to you Tom?

called it in the thread
the notorious waiting for x to go away to continue work phase death of all projects

no beeferino sinerino

I can’t say I am surprised about this project being abandoned, Not because sinisoul has always been a flake and always will be a flake when it comes to projects but because almost everyone that has the ability to write an rsps private server really can’t be bothered. We are all old now we have jobs and other interests. Yes we all have that nostalgic moment to get back into writing something Runescape related but realistically the motivation lasts only a few days or so. It’s time to just face the facts that unless some new blood comes in and is really passionate about the game no one is going to be bothered to complete a server and until someone shows some real promise i’d advise tom not to be putting money into the project.

I don’t blame Sini.
Nobody cares about private servers anymore. Or cheating. Or this game.

[quote=“Tree, post:19, topic:553213”]I don’t blame Sini.
Nobody cares about private servers anymore. Or cheating. Or this game.[/quote]
Or Tree.