League of Legends

[center]League of Legends thread[/center]

So what’s this game all about?
League of Legends is a Multiplayer Online Battle Arena (MOBA for short) based on the original DoTA mod of Warcraft 3. The standard game mode is played in teams of five. You pick one champion out of 131 possible choices with the objective of destroying the enemy Nexus. The game is completely free to play. As you play more games, you earn in-game currency called Influence Points (IP for short) which can be used to unlock champions or Runes (more on these later). You can also buy another currency with real money called Riot Points (RP for short), which is mostly used to unlock cosmetics such as skins for champions or wards, but can also be used to unlock champions. Generally, RP does not have a direct effect on in-game performance. In fact, you can play League of Legends without spending a single dollar on RP and buying everything with IP.

There is also a levelling system where you go from level 1 to level 30. This system is tied to your summoner account and is not directly related to in-game champion levels, which are essentially instance-based. As you finish more games, you gain more experience. Gaining more levels gives you access to an extra Mastery Point, which can be used to augment your champion further.

Levelling up does not just grant you access to more mastery points; it also gives you more room to put runes in your rune pages. Runes are similar to masteries in that they are customisable augmentations that you can apply to your champion. Unlike masteries, however, you will not be able to change your runepages in champion select, so you will need to decide on the runes you might need for the next game. Also, runes cost IP, while masteries do not cost any currency at all.

Once you hit level 30, you can start queueing for Ranked games. First you play 10 placement games for the system to get a rough estimate on your skill level, then you get placed into a specific tier and you can start climbing your way up to higher tiers. At the end of the season, you get special rewards based on your end-of-season tier.

There is, of course, a lot more to League of Legends, but this is somewhat beyond the scope of this introductory post. Decent resources to learn the game are streams or official LCS (League Championship Series) games.

Quick Links:
Summoner name list Currently somewhat unpopulated, message Svitkona or post in the thread to add your name.

Taliyah has been released! Click here for the champion spotlight.

6.10 Patchnotes

Current PBE balance changes

Click here to join in the IRC channel

Unfortunately, the IRC channel is a bit dead since the regulars moved on with their lives. If I’m around, I’d be happy to join in on any League related discussion in #LoL, and if enough people stay around, the channel can pick up in terms of activity a bit more.

1850 elo at the moment on NA. I can play anyone literally. However my favorite champions are easily Nidalee and Lee Sin

il play with you omar

I dont really understand it. my irl friend plays and wanted to know if i would like it but im confused. is the only thing you do is like the tutorial? b/c if it is it seems real boring imo.

I can play sometime probably. I just started literally two days ago so I’m level 2 if I remember. :stuck_out_tongue: Haven’t played a game past the tutorials.

No, you can play against other players or you can do co-op runs. There are two types of game types as well.

[quote=“Chassy13, post:5, topic:439501”]I can play sometime probably. I just started literally two days ago so I’m level 2 if I remember. :stuck_out_tongue: Haven’t played a game past the tutorials.

No, you can play against other players or you can do co-op runs. There are two types of game types as well.[/quote]
well i got that but i mean is that all you do is play against cpu, other ppl or co-op? ill give it a go but it kinda seems like a glorified chess(not the same concept of chess but meaning the only objective is to win.) game.

I’ll vouch, yz is the shit.him and I went pub stomping one day, it was pretty fun lol.

We were playing this last night, I think I’m improving, I only got the game yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

I’ll play too just highlight me on the IRC.

I think my elo is 600, lol.

youre cute <3

Well I think I am improving, at least I am dying less than the first game. Also getting the last kill is easier now. I bought annie and will be practising practise with her. Might save for karthus next, or I might just buy a fighter/tank.

Also I read a bit about the ideal team and I realised that I am always matched with a team of DPS champions so I might go for a tank, probably.

I play support (in draft only, usually janna or sona), jungle (shyvana, but I’m not that great yet), mid (usually in blind only, morgana), and sometimes ad bot (ashe and ez being my best ones)

Level 24 (99% to 25) on US server. PM me on IRC if you want to play, if I don’t reply within 5 minutes PM me on forums :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyone up for a game bitches?

If I wanted a DOTA-like game, I’d just go play Warcraft III or say… DOTA.

[quote=“LilXCj, post:14, topic:439501”]If I wanted a DOTA-like game, I’d just go play Warcraft III or say… DOTA.[/quote]Hahaha… warcraft III is nothing like LoL. At all. Pretty sure you’re confusing the genres :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Davidi2, post:15, topic:439501”][quote author=LilXCj link=topic=542194.msg3973202#msg3973202 date=1334360526]
If I wanted a DOTA-like game, I’d just go play Warcraft III or say… DOTA.
[/quote]Hahaha… warcraft III is nothing like LoL. At all. Pretty sure you’re confusing the genres :P[/quote]

Similarities because it’s just like DoTA and Warcraft III’s engine and customizations can simulate DoTA pretty well.

add me: Un7il Dea7h
I play NA
Elo= 1400, but I just started ranks so :slight_smile:

add me

Guangzhou server 4

season two just started a few weeks ago my primary champs are sona, veigar, karma, alistar

i also enjoy: lulu, singed, and taric.

psh

sona easy support

learn janna :smiley:

Mopman Malphite 2012