Moparcraft 1.9 - Pure vanilla - Whitelist server!

Yeah, it’s working fine today, probably was just my crappy UK internet yesterday :stuck_out_tongue:

Please no new map. All new biomes can be found out further.

Although I have put so much time into this world, I am actually interested in the possibility of rebuilding my things in a different manner. I will miss my giant jungle tree trunk though. :frowning:

[quote=“zuppers, post:76, topic:524615”]Hey we want to open a public server and the staff want to know if we should

[ol][li]use the current server and map[/li]
[li]retire the current server and start a new server and map[/li]
[li]leave current server running, start a new server also[/li][/ol]

The public server would allow cracked clients and would be able to bypass the official authentication server and use our forums instead.[/quote]

[quote=“Fuscate, post:83, topic:524615”][quote author=zuppers link=topic=643235.msg4457301#msg4457301 date=1415647401]
Hey we want to open a public server and the staff want to know if we should

[ol][li]use the current server and map[/li]
[li]retire the current server and start a new server and map[/li]
[li]leave current server running, start a new server also[/li][/ol]

The public server would allow cracked clients and would be able to bypass the official authentication server and use our forums instead.
[/quote]

3[/quote]
I agree.
Hey Babe, how you doing? XD -.-

May I ask what causes the server host to lag so hard? It was good for awhile and just got terrible.

Told you. I can’t even pick items up properly

Maybe the server needs to restart, unless it has automatic despawning mechanisms.

I found 4000 entities chilling at a farm so it might’ve been that.

I was thinking about ya’ll earlier when I downloaded minecraft again. What are plans with this new server? Also, whitelist one seems to be offline at the time of this post.

Still down. Admins have passed away

I’ve been busy with IRL stuff. Zuppers has been looking after this more than I have recently so I’ll let him know.

UPDATE -

Turns out Zuppers was having connection issues to the server, has anybody else been unable to resolve moparcraft.net? Please try pinging it and post results. I’ve contacted MITB in a bid to resolve the issue if it’s on his end.

[quote=“Tom, post:91, topic:524615”]I’ve been busy with IRL stuff. Zuppers has been looking after this more than I have recently so I’ll let him know.

UPDATE -

Turns out Zuppers was having connection issues to the server, has anybody else been unable to resolve moparcraft.net? Please try pinging it and post results. I’ve contacted MITB in a bid to resolve the issue if it’s on his end.[/quote]

I can resolve it no problems, results same as expected: icmp_seq=37 ttl=34 time=420.319 ms

It wasn’t an issue with resolving, it always resolved. Anyway mitb never finished fixing the firewall issue I guess.

o.o i think its been like a year since ive been on here. what’s changed? also, hi fuscy-kun and zuppers, and all the others i havent talked to in like forever :stuck_out_tongue: (and i suppose i might want whitelist if the server has changed since i last had whitelist. hopefully y’all still remember me)

This is still offline… Any news?

Yeah, tried getting on today :confused:

I’m generally unable to do anything because I’m all over the place with girlfriend, uni, and other responsibilities. I don’t often have internet or the correct setup to access the server, though I do let Zuppers know so he can sort it out. With that being said, I notified Zuppers a few hours ago.

Weird, I swear I was able to connect for a short while? I’ve sent him an email now.

I’m so sorry this took so long to address, send an email to my alert address every day if it happens again and I don’t fix it right away!

I verified I could log in over ssh for zuppers, added myself to the whitelist and verified I could login with the minecraft client too.

edit:
And of course now a few hours later the entire VM went down and won’t come back up, fun fun!!! :frowning:

edit2:
I got it back up and from trial and error figured out how to restart the server, I also put this in crontab -e:
@reboot screen -c /etc/screenrc -dmS mojang /home/mineos/ram-disk/mojang/ServerStart.sh

If you change the script(s) or whatever, fix that. :slight_smile:

edit3:
I rebuilt the VM from scratch so now we should be good to go, let me know if there are any more problems.