MoparScape Badges!

Literally :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless: :expressionless:
A badge for high amount of infractions would be nice as well inb4watchedmoderatedandmutedsymbols
But I’m sure we could have some more badges

Like client helper o.O

Not enough support is in the client sections anymore. Literally, the client hacking/help sections have been dead since Galkon and Fubergen both left.

[quote=“Vain_, post:20, topic:469775”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587068.msg4166453#msg4166453 date=1353785419]
Yes but then you get people who received their badge before the criteria was lowered who get pissed off, I don’t see how we had to prove ourselves to a much higher level than what these new badged members will.
[/quote]Don’t get so butthurt. It’s a badge, that’s it. Just because you have one, doesn’t mean you’re better than anyone else out there.

Afaik, you only posted 14 PHP / 2 CSS topics and about three of the PHP ones were just going over previous posts of yours.
Also, all of it can be found on nettuts. Why don’t you try going over actual documentation of what PHP can do, instead of basic shit?

You’re not better than anyone, so stop worrying about the bar being lowered.

I had 9,000+ posts in the server help section before I got my badge.[/quote]

Do you think I got my badge on those tutorials alone? Don’t be so silly. I had to prove myself to Avail and sppt that I was competent enough, not writing beginners tutorials.

Also, you’re going by posts, not from actually talking to me as a person. I didn’t make over-complicated tutorials for others to read and get head fucked with. You return after x amount of years and suddenly you have this opinion of me that you pulled out your arse?

[quote=“Ruby, post:23, topic:469775”][quote author=Vain_ link=topic=587068.msg4166471#msg4166471 date=1353785829]

Do you think I got my badge on those tutorials alone? Don’t be so silly. I had to prove myself to Avail and sppt that I was competent enough, not writing beginners tutorials.

Also, you’re going by posts, not from actually talking to me as a person. I didn’t make over-complicated tutorials for others to read and get head loveed with. You return after x amount of years and suddenly you have this opinion of me that you pulled out your arse?[/quote]do you want a rubber ring to sit on?

Years? I wasn’t gone for but a few months.

You’re getting overheated by the fact the bar is being lowered because you want to be an elitist. Your attitude won’t help you any. The bars for all the badges are too high; they always have been. They were talking about lowering the bars for badges probably before you even joined. Server helper award was lowered a good bit after it was first given out.

Now the rest of them are being lowered as well.

The badges are given out to allow people to show their knowledge, allow others to find someone who knows their stuff (to seek guidance/help) and to set out some sort of ‘goal’ for people to achieve, so the community isn’t full of idiots.

If you let this get to your head, and you try to be an elitist, it can only go two ways; you either lose the badge, or it gets hidden on the forum.

I’m not in any way trying to be elitist, I’m just saying the fact is that I don’t see why people had to show a higher level of skill to get the badge that others will be getting at an easier level.

Then to make you happy; instead of lowering the bars, let’s just remove all badges completely, since they get us nowhere.

Your ego exceeds your knowledge of the matter, so stop getting butthurt.

[quote=“Vain_, post:27, topic:469775”]Then to make you happy; instead of lowering the bars, let’s just remove all badges completely, since they get us nowhere.

Your ego exceeds your knowledge of the matter, so stop getting butthurt.[/quote]
My ego? You’ve spoken to me for a whole 10 minutes, you’re in no way able to create an accurate description of a person in that time. Especially when they’re trying to put a point to someone. Don’t start shit with me as a person, you don’t know me.

I’m merely stating my concern on the matter of people getting awards too easily.

[quote=“Ruby, post:28, topic:469775”][quote author=Vain_ link=topic=587068.msg4166503#msg4166503 date=1353787403]
Then to make you happy; instead of lowering the bars, let’s just remove all badges completely, since they get us nowhere.

Your ego exceeds your knowledge of the matter, so stop getting butthurt.
[/quote]
I’m merely stating my concern on the matter of people getting awards too easily.[/quote]
cool, i guess you’re the vocal minority who actually gives a fukk about these little pokemon things lool

The whole point is that it shouldn’t be as limited as it is now. Badges are not supposed to mean ‘I have a badge that means Im better than you at this’. What they are SUPPOSED to mean is ‘I know what Im doing, if you have a question you can come to me’. And if that person isn’t willing to help, or gets an attitude because they have the badge, they can lose it :slight_smile:

That’s why I’ve always been against the naming of some of the badges, like ‘java guru’. Web developer is fine, as by definition all it means is that you develop websites, not that you’re one of the best web developers on the site. That’s why the badges being so exclusive made no sense.

cool. i hope we dont start seeing too much though.

P.S ruby: I’ve been seeing more and more elitist posts from you ever since you got your badge.

Would be cool, but the client section is dead.

[quote=“asshole_rule, post:31, topic:469775”]cool. i hope we dont start seeing too much though.

P.S ruby: I’ve been seeing more and more elitist posts from you ever since you got your badge.

Would be cool, but the client section is dead.[/quote]
Excuse me child but did I ask for your opinion THANK YOU AND GOODBYE

But really would we be seeing any new badges soon?

[quote=“Vain_, post:25, topic:469775”]The badges are given out to allow people to show their knowledge, allow others to find someone who knows their stuff (to seek guidance/help) and to set out some sort of ‘goal’ for people to achieve, so the community isn’t full of idiots.

If you let this get to your head, and you try to be an elitist, it can only go two ways; you either lose the badge, or it gets hidden on the forum.[/quote]Sums up everything.

@Ruby; the debate for the bar lowering isn’t for discussion, at least not for non-staff, and just because you have a badge, shouldn’t entice you to a say in the matter.

We’re all getting off into a debate which is going nowhere, when this topic was made to show the badges at hand, not rowdy up the community into arguing whether who deserves what, or the prerequisites of the awards.

/thread

who the fuck cares

It’s a badge below your name on an internet forum, get the hell over it. You’re obviously trying to be elitist, you think people with a lower skill level than you don’t deserve a badge. Your badge is named ‘Web Developer,’ not ‘The Pro-est Web Developer Guru Ever.’ All that means is that you develop websites, it doesn’t necessarily mean you’re better at it than everyone.

k this is a discussion on badges, how about we act mature from now on and stay on topic

[quote=“Vain_, post:20, topic:469775”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587068.msg4166453#msg4166453 date=1353785419]
Yes but then you get people who received their badge before the criteria was lowered who get pissed off, I don’t see how we had to prove ourselves to a much higher level than what these new badged members will.
[/quote]Don’t get so butthurt. It’s a badge, that’s it. Just because you have one, doesn’t mean you’re better than anyone else out there.

Afaik, you only posted 14 PHP / 2 CSS topics and about three of the PHP ones were just going over previous posts of yours.
Also, all of it can be found on nettuts. Why don’t you try going over actual documentation of what PHP can do, instead of basic shit?

You’re not better than anyone, so stop worrying about the bar being lowered.

I had 9,000+ posts in the server help section before I got my badge.[/quote]An assignment was introduced to him by one of the staff (I can’t recall whom) and he completed the task. That’s how he earned the badge. Get your head out of your ass before attacking another member of this forum. I respect Ruby - I actually know who he is and what he’s capable of.

I do believe I said ‘afaik.’ My head is no further in my ass than anyone else in this topic. You’re sticking up for someone who has an elitist ego. I’m not attacking anyone, so don’t get butthurt over something that doesn’t pertain to you the least.

Explain to me how he has an elitist ego?

EDIT:
lmao, I just realized how many times you use ‘butthurt’.

[quote=“Uncalled, post:39, topic:469775”]Explain to me how he has an elitist ego?[/quote]are you blind