MoparScape Badges!

These are a list of badges/awards that can be received for doing an excellent job and keeping a positive attitude. Thanks to LilXCj for the layout.

[center]Staff Related Awards
Pikachu
Awarded to Mods and Admins.

Santa Pikachu
Awarded to Admins and Mods, in the festive holiday season.

Squirtle
Awarded to Ex-Mods and Ex-Admins.

Programming Awards

Java Guru
Awarded to the best Java Coders.

XMas Java Guru
Awarded to the best Java Coders, in the festive holiday season.

VB
Awarded to vb coders. (Symbolises the hidden capabilities of vb).

Delphi
Awarded to delphi coders. (Symbolises the power of delphi).

C
Awarded to the best C programmers.

C++
Awarded to skilled C++ coders.

C#
Awarded to skilled C# programmers.

Python
Awarded to skilled Python programmers.

Lisp
Awarded to the best Lisp programmers.

Web Developer
Awarded to good web developers (html, php, jsp etc.)

Miscellaneous Awards

Graphics Master
Awarded to graphics masters of the site.

MCW Winner
Awarded to winners of the MoparScape Model Contest competition.

Tutorial Author
Awarded to the best author writers

Server Helper
Awarded to the best helpers in the RuneScape Private Server Help section.

Almost none of them will be achieved, why didn’t you just link them to the mitb thread by freddy?

1 Like

[quote=“Ruby, post:2, topic:469775”]Almost none of them will be achieved, why didn’t you just link them to the mitb thread by freddy?[/quote]These are our awards, there are more on the list than over there. And we are trying to give out more awards for good work.

Weren’t the moparscape moderator badges removed?

[quote=“Ruby, post:2, topic:469775”]Almost none of them will be achieved, why didn’t you just link them to the mitb thread by freddy?[/quote]Well that’s a good way to look at things.

Badges were rarely given out before my time, and I was the first person on MSCP to achieve the Server Helper badge.

After I lost mine, badges were given out to a lot of noticeable people.

Not all these badges will be achieved soon, but they are all possible.

I’m still trying to figure out what exactly the model contest badge is supposed to be.

There are badges that MITB has that we don’t, and there are badges we have that MITB doesn’t.

[quote=“rip4d, post:6, topic:469775”]I’m still trying to figure out what exactly the model contest badge is supposed to be.[/quote]I still don’t know :expressionless:

[quote=“the elve age, post:3, topic:469775”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587068.msg4166415#msg4166415 date=1353783379]
Almost none of them will be achieved, why didn’t you just link them to the mitb thread by freddy?
[/quote]These are our awards, there are more on the list than over there. And we are trying to give out more awards for good work.[/quote]

For one, Auto.Rune is obsolete as far as I know therefore no one will receive that badge. MoparCraft badges would be given on Moparscape why? No one here will become an SRL developer. Game dev awards should be kept to the game dev site etc etc

As long as the criteria for getting an award isn’t lowered I don’t mind. If I start seeing everyone who can connect to a database with a web dev cup i’ll be mad.

Also, the batman cup on Moparscape, really?

Taharok and Rich had the Batman cup for a long time if my memory serves me right.

Yes, and those two deserved it. However, I don’t want to see badges handed out here there and everywhere. It ruins the whole point of having them as awards. The bat cup is probably the most sought after award there is and if it starts going to anyone it just wastes it.

it was mjordans cup for years until those fgts got it

[quote=“Ruby, post:8, topic:469775”][quote author=the elve age link=topic=587068.msg4166419#msg4166419 date=1353783567]

For one, Auto.Rune is obsolete as far as I know therefore no one will receive that badge. MoparCraft badges would be given on Moparscape why? No one here will become an SRL developer. Game dev awards should be kept to the game dev site etc etc

As long as the criteria for getting an award isn’t lowered I don’t mind. If I start seeing everyone who can connect to a database with a web dev cup i’ll be mad.

Also, the batman cup on Moparscape, really?[/quote]The criteria is being discussed as we speak.

[quote=“Ruby, post:10, topic:469775”][quote author=rip4d link=topic=587068.msg4166430#msg4166430 date=1353784121]
Taharok and Rich had the Batman cup for a long time if my memory serves me right.
[/quote]
Yes, and those two deserved it. However, I don’t want to see badges handed out here there and everywhere. It ruins the whole point of having them as awards. The bat cup is probably the most sought after award there is and if it starts going to anyone it just wastes it.[/quote]Just because its listed doesn’t mean it will be handed out willy-nilly. If badges were like that I’d probably have one right now.

[quote=“the elve age, post:12, topic:469775”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587068.msg4166426#msg4166426 date=1353783887]

[quote author=the elve age link=topic=587068.msg4166419#msg4166419 date=1353783567]

Also, the batman cup on Moparscape, really?
[/quote]The criteria is being discussed as we speak.[/quote]
I think current awarded members should have a say in the criteria required for the awards. Also, I really think you should remove the auto rune badge, SRL dev badge, mcft badges and the game dev badge since they don’t relate to this site. Oh and the IRC legend badge since it doesn’t show up here.

[quote=“rip4d, post:13, topic:469775”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587068.msg4166434#msg4166434 date=1353784314]

Yes, and those two deserved it. However, I don’t want to see badges handed out here there and everywhere. It ruins the whole point of having them as awards. The bat cup is probably the most sought after award there is and if it starts going to anyone it just wastes it.
[/quote]Just because its listed doesn’t mean it will be handed out willy-nilly. If badges were like that I’d probably have one right now.[/quote]
The elve age said they were trying to give out more badges, the only way I can see them doing that is lowering the criteria required to achieve it.

[quote=“rip4d, post:13, topic:469775”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587068.msg4166434#msg4166434 date=1353784314]

[/quote]Just because its listed doesn’t mean it will be handed out willy-nilly. If badges were like that I’d probably have one right now.[/quote]
I wouldn’t even have one then :frowning:

[quote=“Ruby, post:14, topic:469775”]The elve age said they were trying to give out more badges, the only way I can see them doing that is lowering the criteria required to achieve it.[/quote]Precisely. Right now they are TOO selective, so people complain if someone gets a badge. ‘They dont deserve that badge!’. By lowering the criteria, it will make the badges more common, and hopefully lower the elitism that getting a badge tends to give to people. Note that nothing is set in stone yet though.

Also, I’m fixing the OP and removing the badges that aren’t on MPSC, like the sectional moderator bages that are for MITB.

[quote=“Davidi2, post:16, topic:469775”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587068.msg4166441#msg4166441 date=1353784724]
The elve age said they were trying to give out more badges, the only way I can see them doing that is lowering the criteria required to achieve it.
[/quote]Precisely. Right now they are TOO selective, so people complain if someone gets a badge. ‘They dont deserve that badge!’. By lowering the criteria, it will make the badges more common, and hopefully lower the elitism that getting a badge tends to give to people. Note that nothing is set in stone yet though.

Also, I’m fixing the OP and removing the badges that aren’t on MPSC, like the sectional moderator bages that are for MITB.[/quote]
Yes but then you get people who received their badge before the criteria was lowered who get pissed off, I don’t see how we had to prove ourselves to a much higher level than what these new badged members will.

I also think our sectional moderators should have the bulbasaur cup.

Thanks for fixing the badge issues in the op tho

[quote=“Ruby, post:17, topic:469775”][quote author=Davidi2 link=topic=587068.msg4166450#msg4166450 date=1353785271]

Yes but then you get people who received their badge before the criteria was lowered who get pissed off, I don’t see how we had to prove ourselves to a much higher level than what these new badged members will.

I also think our sectional moderators should have the bulbasaur cup.

Thanks for fixing the badge issues in the op tho[/quote]

Then those existing members will have to get over themselves, won’t they?

[quote=“Si Force, post:18, topic:469775”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587068.msg4166453#msg4166453 date=1353785419]

Then those existing members will have to get over themselves, won’t they?[/quote]
I just don’t see how we had to put out to a higher level than what the new people will have, I don’t see the problem with the badge criteria for languages. If we made some new badges and handed them out for other things other than languages then that’d make more sense.

[quote=“Ruby, post:17, topic:469775”]Yes but then you get people who received their badge before the criteria was lowered who get pissed off, I don’t see how we had to prove ourselves to a much higher level than what these new badged members will.[/quote]Don’t get so butthurt. It’s a badge, that’s it. Just because you have one, doesn’t mean you’re better than anyone else out there.

Afaik, you only posted 14 PHP / 2 CSS topics and about three of the PHP ones were just going over previous posts of yours.
Also, all of it can be found on nettuts. Why don’t you try going over actual documentation of what PHP can do, instead of basic shit?

You’re not better than anyone, so stop worrying about the bar being lowered.

I had 9,000+ posts in the server help section before I got my badge.