New Build

Just complete my new build I’ve been tempted to buy for about 6 months, finally got round to it. NAS next!

Amazed at SSD performance (never used one before), will be stress testing and benchmarking tonight as I plan to start some OCing.

EDIT: Lol forgot specs.

Asus Z77 Sabertooth
i7-3770K (H100 Cooler)
16gb Corsair Vengeance 1600mhz
GTX 680 4GB FTW+ Edition
OCZ Vertex4 SSD
HX750w PSU

Case is a Corsair 550D, which I’m very happy with, sound proofing makes this case almost silent and the Dell U2711 is absolutely stunning, can’t believe I’ve been sat on a 17" monitor since 2005 :smiley:

All in all very happy so far, rather expensive but I usually upgrade 5+ years apart so this should last me quite a while.

I did look for the post your build thread but its last few pages were derailed, so seems like its a new topic :expressionless:

Nice, I love the Corsair cases.
Got the Carbide 400r myself and it was ridiculously easy to neatly hide away all cables and stuff, and it is extremely silent as well!

Why is your motherboard covered up by shitty looking plates? :frowning: is your motherboard that ugly that you have to hide it?

It’s the “Thermal Armour” Asus include with some of their Sabertooth boards, supposedly allows better cooling and dust protection. Wasn’t a big plus point of the board but a nice addition.

I love how clean and neat it looks.

Total cost?

Case - 140
Board - 240
RAM - 100
CPU - 350
SSD - 220
Graphics - 630
Total - around 1680

Some parts could have been bought cheaper or more expensive, all these prices were taken from newegg and tigerdirect.

Yeah I have been buying parts over a few weeks with a lot of other stuff, so I haven’t sat down and worked out a total price of the PC (I just budgeted for everything I need and kept within that) but using PCPartPicker I can give you a damn good estimate:

http://pcpartpicker.com/uk/p/bOdI

Note that isn’t the 4gb version of the 680, but some of those prices can definitely be beaten if you shop around.

For anyone interested in hardware reviews, I currently have my i7-3770K OCed to 4.5ghz at 1.6v, thats running up temps in the region of 50-60C under high load, which isn’t too bad at all. I reckon I could push for 4.7 or even 5.0 at higher (1.3+) voltage but I’m staying put for now. Stability tests ran for 3 hours with no problems.

I’ll get some benchmark results tonight.

About the same price as my build but twice as fast and much better cooling. Oh upgrades, you’re killing me.

upgrades are quite costly, but if you can manage the budget for them; it will work out quite nicely. like this chef d’oeuvre here.

on pcpartpicker you choose the 2gb version…

http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?family=GeForce+600+Series+Family

Wow

Eh the 600 series is still a bit too high priced for a graphics card for me. Looking to upgrade from my GTX 560 ti thought and im not sure what will give me the best bang for my buck

[quote=“Frell, post:12, topic:449076”]Wow

Eh the 600 series is still a bit too high priced for a graphics card for me. Looking to upgrade from my GTX 560 ti thought and im not sure what will give me the best bang for my buck[/quote]
I’m planning on picking a GTX 560 ti up soon, would you recommend at all?
(coming from a gt 520 at the moment)

[quote=“Jmood, post:11, topic:449076”]on pcpartpicker you choose the 2gb version…

http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?family=GeForce+600+Series+Family[/quote]

I’m aware, there was no 4gb version on PCpartpicker at the time i put that together :stuck_out_tongue:

Eh the 600 series is still a bit too high priced for a graphics card for me. Looking to upgrade from my GTX 560 ti thought and im not sure what will give me the best bang for my buck[/quote]

The 670 is pretty nice and will probably drop a bit when the 685 comes out later this year.

Probably another 560 in SLI? Slightly more powerful than a 580/670 only a lot less $$$.

Sick build, would be exactly what I’d build if I had the cash, PSU wattage is a little small though for a 680 system surely?

Nah, 750W is far above what is needed for a single 680 card, as the minimum requirement Evga specify is 550W (which is probably playing it safe).

[quote=“ox random xi, post:13, topic:449076”][quote author=Frell link=topic=551973.msg4046781#msg4046781 date=1342148870]
Wow

Eh the 600 series is still a bit too high priced for a graphics card for me. Looking to upgrade from my GTX 560 ti thought and im not sure what will give me the best bang for my buck
[/quote]
I’m planning on picking a GTX 560 ti up soon, would you recommend at all?
(coming from a gt 520 at the moment)[/quote]
I mean yea its a great card everything is playable, but im addicted to having a solid 60 fps on every game I play, and that was fine back when I have my 1600x900 monitor, I upgraded to a 1900x1080 and it took about 10-12 frames with it. I can still max out games but BF3 is getting to the point where I can’t have HBAO or 4x AA. Skyrim is playable on Ultra but even on Ultra the game looks terrible for its distance LOD. So I wanted to crank up ini files and use mods to improve visible view distance.

[quote=“SilentCJ, post:15, topic:449076”][quote author=Frell link=topic=551973.msg4046781#msg4046781 date=1342148870]
Wow

[/quote]
Probably another 560 in SLI? Slightly more powerful than a 580/670 only a lot less $$$.

Sick build, would be exactly what I’d build if I had the cash, PSU wattage is a little small though for a 680 system surely?[/quote]
Id have to get a new mobo though, and the 560 ti price has only dropped $60 since the 600s came out, Id rather that $240 go towards a new card

They allow you to make shit look so fucking clean now! I love it.

damn i don’t have any add-ons to my computer. i try to save, but end up blowing money on weed/weed-tools.

I went into the Novatech STORE the other day. Jealous?

p.s. sick pc mmmmmmmm