New Polymer £5 Notes Printing

www.bankofengland.co.uk/banknotes/polymer/Pages/default.aspx

Moving to Polymer Banknotes
The next Bank of England £5, £10 and £20 banknotes will be printed on polymer.

The new fiver will be issued in September 2016. On 2 June, the full details of the design and security features were revealed and a range of training materials for retailers and businesses have been made available. You can find out more about the new polymer £5 note at www.thenewfiver.co.uk

The £10 note will be issued in 2017 and the £20 note by 2020.

Polymer banknotes are cleaner, more secure, and more durable than paper banknotes. They will provide enhanced counterfeit resilience, and increase the quality of banknotes in circulation.

This is cool, funny how I’m finding this out from Moparscape and not the news or something :frowning:

Ha well since I successfully recovered my account I thought Id post… instead of making a hello thread I made a news thread instead =P

Jesus, they did NOT flatter the queen with that portrait. She looks like a man.

Meanwhile America is bitching about putting Harriet Tubman on the $20 (is that still happening? I forget).

We’ve had these for quite a few years in Canada. When they first came out they seemed to have issues with sticking to each other. I heard many stories of people getting extra bills at ATM machines. At the time I was a cashier and also had to double count everything.

Is it true if you scratch the maple leaf on the money it smells like maple syrup? I heard that somewhere.

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:7, topic:555568”][quote author=jme link=topic=674777.msg4509442#msg4509442 date=1465306903]
We’ve had these for quite a few years in Canada. When they first came out they seemed to have issues with sticking to each other. I heard many stories of people getting extra bills at ATM machines. At the time I was a cashier and also had to double count everything.
[/quote]
Is it true if you scratch the maple leaf on the money it smells like maple syrup? I heard that somewhere.[/quote]

Can confirm… just tried it.

Also beware of using them to snort drugs. They cut the inside of your nose.

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:7, topic:555568”][quote author=jme link=topic=674777.msg4509442#msg4509442 date=1465306903]
[/quote]
Is it true if you scratch the maple leaf on the money it smells like maple syrup? I heard that somewhere.[/quote]

No, but if you scratch the queen it smells like farts

I’d assume the all the issues you have with notes, we won’t have.

Australia has had plastic money for decades. Catch up already, plebs.

enjoy your monopoly money we will be using Crane & Co paper until the end of time for our currency.

Approx. 5 years at most if trump is president.
If Hillary wins, expect women on the US money. :wink:

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:13, topic:555568”][quote author=RuneAgent link=topic=674777.msg4509500#msg4509500 date=1465440853]
enjoy your monopoly money we will be using Crane & Co paper until the end of time for our currency.
[/quote]
If Hillary wins, expect women on the US money. ;)[/quote]
we already are getting a woman on the $20 jackson is being put on the rear and I think tubman is getting put on the front.

[quote=“RuneAgent, post:14, topic:555568”][quote author=sk8rdude461 link=topic=674777.msg4509511#msg4509511 date=1465495109]

If Hillary wins, expect women on the US money. :wink:
[/quote]
we already are getting a woman on the $20 jackson is being put on the rear and I think tubman is getting put on the front.[/quote]
Yeah I brought that up earlier in the post. I wasn’t sure if they were going through with it or not.

Yes I did a lot of digging to try to find the “bill schedule” that Congress passed a few years ago for this. Most people don’t realize this has been in the works to change the bills in general.