Nexus 7

So nice, yet affordable too. I think this will have a long term impact on the iPad.

[quote=“zachera, post:1, topic:447318”]https://www.google.com/nexus/#/7

So nice, yet affordable too. I think this will have a long term impact on the iPad.[/quote]
Sucks that that the max amount of space you can have is 16gb.

Not that I own a tablet and therefor I have no experience with them, but I doubt you’ll ever fill it up to 16gb. Unless you decide to put all your music on it. But I’d prefer using an mp3 player or my phone for that.

I filled up a 16GB iPad. Admittedly, a few apps were games that I rarely played, but it isn’t as hard as you’d think.

Are apps for the iPad so much bigger than other apps? Sure, games probably are big but normal apps are pretty similar to the iPhone versions, right?

Tablets are content consumption devices, you have a lot of media in applications, video, large high res images, audio, etc, applications are quite big. This is a 32GB model, didn’t want to upgrade to another 16GB.

EDIT: Though I should say, on another tablet, they wouldn’t be quite as big. The high res assets on some games for the ‘retina’ display have bumped up some applications a bit.

If you think about it though, some of the portable device games are getting pretty advanced now, you should expect them to be getting pretty big. Makes sense if you compare them to PC games in terms of size

My friends iPad has around 35GB of apps and movies, its super easy if you use it for everything you do like that haha

supposedly a ‘nexus 10’ is in the works

[quote=“cooper, post:9, topic:447318”]supposedly a ‘nexus 10’ is in the works[/quote]how can they have nexus 10 without 8, 9

[quote=“Uncalled, post:10, topic:447318”][quote author=cooper link=topic=550218.msg4039704#msg4039704 date=1341494684]
supposedly a ‘nexus 10’ is in the works
[/quote]how can they have nexus 10 without 8, 9[/quote]

HOW CAN U HAV ANY PUDDING IF U DON’T EAT YER MEAT?

Nexus 7 (7 inch screen)
Nexus 10 (10 inch screen)

About the complaints of the hard drive space, I have a Toshiba 10" tablet, with only 8GB, and it works just fine, I haven’t even filled it up yet…

About the Nexus 7, I think this is an excellent tablet, affordable, loaded with Jelly Bean which is an Android OS I’ve been wanting too see in person ever since it came out, if I get $200 I definitely will be getting one.

I just got mine yesterday. Not experiencing any of the hardware defects most people are, although I do wish the light sensor was a little bit better. If you have the brightness on automatic and are looking at a bright page, the brightness constantly flickers +/- 3% or so. Just enough to get on your nerves when reading a book. Thankfully you can invert the colors to stop it.

I’m not exactly wild about them forcing the phone UI, or the home screen/app drawer being stuck in portrait mode. Thankfully it does grow on you, and if you root it simply changing the DPI can get it to switch over to the tablet UI.

Home screen: http://i.imgur.com/KG0nx.png
Notification menu and app folder: http://i.imgur.com/yOUyb.png

Storage on the 8GB isn’t too bad, but I’d like to know why it doesn’t count my music. 300 songs saved to device for offline use and it hides them from the system

^After using the Nexus 7, in your opinion, would it be better to buy one, or buy a Kindle Fire, and flash ICS/JB to it?

Never had a Kindle Fire, but for the same price I’d prefer the N7. Better hardware, same size, better OS

I said I would flash ICS/JB to it, meaning I would load Android on it.

[quote=“tyb97, post:17, topic:447318”][quote author=HcoJustin link=topic=550218.msg4053818#msg4053818 date=1342752503]
Never had a Kindle Fire, but for the same price I’d prefer the N7. Better hardware, same size, better OS
[/quote]
I said I would flash ICS/JB to it, meaning I would load Android on it.[/quote]

Fire is already android. Heavily modified gingerbread IIRC. The ICS port is lacking in kernel development, and that means JB will too. Fire doesn’t have a camera or microphone either.

Both devices have the IPS display, N7 has the tegra 3, and both are the same price. Between the two I’d pick the n7 any day

wat
definitely get the n7, no reason to buy a fire unless you don’t want better hardware/software… plus as a nexus, it’ll get faster updates, better support, etc.

Just bought my 16gb version this morning, can’t wait until it arrives! Will be wifi tethering it to my phone when on the move, should pass the time in the airport :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: One day delivery, not bad I say. It’s sexy as anything, perfect size, incredibly nice to type with two thumbs too which surprised me, and it’s very powerful with the tegra 3, no lag on all the HD games I’ve bought and tried, also came with the £15 play store credit as promised!