Shard Master Classic - WIP

Heavily inspired by RuneScape Classic, Shard Master Classic is a game that I hope to actually “finish.”

Written on top of my engine, Envel II, this game offers graphical capabilities that RuneScape Classic could not offer at its time such as shadows, textured landscape, perspective correct texture mapping, slightly higher resolution, and 3D walls.

There is no click-move style of gameplay in Shard Master Classic, movement is done with WSAD.

[spoiler=old pics]

[/spoiler][font=verdana]

[size=78%]

Lots of stuff here in this update

Message box
Items / Inventory
Fixed collision
World interaction
Item dropping
Memory usage cut down and game runs faster due to graphical cutbacks :stuck_out_tongue:

http://www.mediafire.com/download/hbpnuz6by4634j7/ShardMasterClassic_inv_witem_obfs.jar

EDIT: forgot to mention that to drop an item you have to right click it[/size][/font]

rename it geometry land

Every video game is made of geometry

where trees are cones, people are flat squares

So much bitterness in this community

Obfuscated. Virus don’t download.

So much effort to hide his code.

[quote=“Tree, post:7, topic:553958”][quote author=Miss Silabsoft link=topic=672880.msg4499621#msg4499621 date=1448692943]
Obfuscated. Virus don’t download.
[/quote]

So much effort to hide his code.[/quote]
because its not his, hes been called on it before.

[quote=“Miss Silabsoft, post:8, topic:553958”][quote author=Tree link=topic=672880.msg4499622#msg4499622 date=1448695917]

So much effort to hide his code.
[/quote]
because its not his, hes been called on it before.[/quote]
I want to know how you guys/gals are deducing that it’s not my code. Where else have you seen code released that comes even close to this?

[quote=“Limits, post:9, topic:553958”][quote author=Miss Silabsoft link=topic=672880.msg4499624#msg4499624 date=1448699431]

because its not his, hes been called on it before.
[/quote]
I want to know how you guys/gals are deducing that it’s not my code. Where else have you seen code released that comes even close to this?[/quote]

Your ego and the way you are approaching this is absurd especially when there are people in the community who could give you good advice about how to move forward about this.

Why obfuscate it? It’s not even flow obfuscated? Hell I’m pretty sure its not even string obfuscated?

[quote=“sini, post:10, topic:553958”][quote author=Limits link=topic=672880.msg4499633#msg4499633 date=1448726669]

I want to know how you guys/gals are deducing that it’s not my code. Where else have you seen code released that comes even close to this?
[/quote]

Your ego and the way you are approaching this is absurd especially when there are people in the community who could give you good advice about how to move forward about this.

Why obfuscate it? It’s not even flow obfuscated? Hell I’m pretty sure its not even string obfuscated?[/quote]
I used proguard lol. I want to make mistakes and learn from them, I don’t want people who are way more skilled than I am holding my hand on this project :stuck_out_tongue:

Ever hear of peer review? Code reviews? Working in a team environment (although Mopar isn’t a team the simulated environment is similar). I’m willing to bet you cant handle criticism well.

Yep I’ve heard of em and yeah I’ll admit I can’t handle criticism well

[quote=“Limits, post:13, topic:553958”][quote author=sini link=topic=672880.msg4499640#msg4499640 date=1448729835]
Ever hear of peer review? Code reviews? Working in a team environment (although Mopar isn’t a team the simulated environment is similar). I’m willing to bet you cant handle criticism well.
[/quote]
Yep I’ve heard of em and yeah I’ll admit I can’t handle criticism well[/quote]

You would certainly be a joy to work with in a team environment…

[quote=“justaguy, post:14, topic:553958”][quote author=Limits link=topic=672880.msg4499643#msg4499643 date=1448731922]

Yep I’ve heard of em and yeah I’ll admit I can’t handle criticism well
[/quote]

You would certainly be a joy to work with in a team environment…[/quote]
I know that. But look at what I can do on my own right now

[quote=“Limits, post:15, topic:553958”][quote author=justaguy link=topic=672880.msg4499645#msg4499645 date=1448732787]

[/quote]
I know that. But look at what I can do on my own right now[/quote]

That’s great and all, but this doesn’t hold up since we don’t see any code. For all we know there can be some pretty awful code in there. Software Engineers care about code, not pictures.

You shouldn’t hide your code because you are afraid of criticism, if you don’t want to take pride in putting your best work forward and trying to better yourself, then what’s the point?

@OP - I would recommend uploading the source aswell

Looks like Thronefall.

[quote=“Limits, post:15, topic:553958”][quote author=justaguy link=topic=672880.msg4499645#msg4499645 date=1448732787]

[/quote]
I know that. But look at what I can do on my own right now[/quote]

Nobody is going to care unless you start posting the source. We have no reason to believe your claims. This has generally been an open source community. You’re not going to make it anywhere unless you learn to take criticism well. It’s a huge part of being a decent developer. You can be amazing at writing out code but it counts for nothing if you’re incapable of working in a team.

[quote=“Tree, post:19, topic:553958”][quote author=Limits link=topic=672880.msg4499646#msg4499646 date=1448732834]

I know that. But look at what I can do on my own right now
[/quote]

Nobody is going to care unless you start posting the source. We have no reason to believe your claims. This has generally been an open source community. You’re not going to make it anywhere unless you learn to take criticism well. It’s a huge part of being a decent developer. You can be amazing at writing out code but it counts for nothing if you’re incapable of working in a team.[/quote]
No one is demanding to see the Thronefall source…