Siri on Android

I heard they released or wrote Siri for Android in September (i think), but the iphone developers did not like it and forced them to remove it. I do know that Android does have some forms of voice recognition, but just to google what you talk into it. I was wondering if anybody knows how to add Siri to android, if it’s even possible.

Siri was a company that made an application for the iPhone, which Apple then bought and integrated it into the OS. There weren’t any official releases of Siri on Android but I’m sure there are things in the works.

Samsung recently released S Voice for the Samsung Galaxy S3:

So you may see it integrated further into newer Samsung phones too. You may see illegitimate versions of ‘Siri’ on Android but given how a lot of the ‘intelligence’ is done server side, it wouldn’t be hard for Apple to shut down anything like that instantly.

What about a ‘fake’ Siri?

So no S voice for the S2? I have only had mine since January and don’t have any plans to upgrade anytime soon, but vlingo voice software sucks.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dexetra.iris&hl=en

Coming from someone who knows nothing about programming: something like Siri isn’t that hard, is it? My phone recognizes pretty much everything I say to it, even in Dutch. Translate it, and send it to Wolfram Alpha and you have something you can work with. It won’t be perfect, but it’s something.

I just downloaded that, and it does not reply back by voice. Given it’s in Alpha, it does not do any of my commands yet. Never mind. It does, it’s just that I have a lisp atm since I just got retainers lol. But it works very nicely. I can’t wait till they add voice.

It isn’t really the voice recognition that is hard, it is the AI. Part of the gimmick of Siri was that you speak to it with natural language and it should figure out what you mean and then serve up relavent information.

My brother has a droid and I have an iPhone. I have Siri and he doesn’t. He really wanted Siri so he looked on the app store on the droid and he find one. When we tested it out, it was flawless in some questions, funny in some, and just plain stupid in most of them. I’m guessing it wasn’t the real one, but I feel that iPhones are taking over the phone business. I think the other brands should create some ideas for competition.

who actually uses siri?

I have heard many people use it, and I use it myself. Just not for the big impressive things Apple like to show off.

It is faster for setting alarms and reminders, but that is pretty much it. All I use it for.

A bunch of people I know and heard from.

Ry600003333 for his server that updates in 0ms.

s voice and siri are basically the same thing

Siri’s hotter

yeah siri has a sexy voice

ive made siri say some dirty things

Google Now’s voice is more natural than Siri’s.