Super Smash Bros Melee!

So yeah, Super Smash Bros Melee came out in 2001 for the Gamecube. The game was an awesome casual game to play with friends. I had gotten pretty good at the game, even winning a tournament in 2004.

Recently, one of my IRL friends had mentioned how the (competitive) Melee community was still alive.

This intrigued me.

What I found was amazing. The amount of people still actively streaming the weekly games (100k+ every week). The level of play was outstanding, and the fluidity of the game was incredible. The competitive Melee play is something unlike you’ve seen before, the game is quick paced, and very very button precise. Probably more than Street Fighter or Marvel vs Capcom.

What was supposed to be a game made for casual players, Melee turned out to be one of the best fighting games of all time. Sakurai, the creator of Kirby and Smash bros, had no intention to make melee a competitive game. He just wanted to improve the mechanics for casual fans of the first Smash 64, and the mechanics were so fluid and so precise, Nintendo has not been able to make a Smash game that can dethrone Melee.

If you’re familiar with Melee, but not familiar with the still HUGE scene (and growing), I suggest checking out some competitive play.

IDC if no one plays, but has anyone heard or realized that the Melee community was this big?

yes, ive been watching the vbbootcamp channel (all versions of SSB tourneys) for a while now.

That first video was actually very exciting. Man I used to play this game for hours as a kid… great stuff.

It’s really shocking how crazy good these people are…

Used too play this on GameCube when everyone else at school played Cod…

[quote=“furyking50, post:4, topic:553537”]Used too play this on GameCube when everyone else at school played Cod…[/quote]Wow too bad. This game is still actively played and enjoyed at the competitive level… so many options for a fighter game. This game is soooooo deep. its crazy.

@Davidi2, do you play SSB bruh?