This forum is so weird to navigate

It really is. I have to post at least 20 characters.

Itā€™s quite a bit different, I think better though once you get used to it. I need to clean up all of the old categories I just havenā€™t gotten that far yet.

Of course Iā€™m open to any suggestions! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whyā€™d you decide to go with this? Iā€™ve never even seen this software before nor heard of it; unless itā€™s something that looks different to what Iā€™m used to seeing from a known software.

Anyway, itā€™s going to take some time getting used to - thatā€™s for sure. Itā€™s something different at least, considering for how long weā€™ve been asking for "differentā€™ā€¦ :neutral_face:

I like it to be honest, but then thatā€™s because I browsed the old forum the same way as this one works anyway (ie. only ever used ā€˜new postsā€™, never navigated the categories).

2 Likes

And I am going to clean up the mess that is our categories, in the end I just want a handful.

Honestly I liked the old theme way better since I could navigate it. Thereā€™s WAY too much white/blank areas in this theme.

Itā€™s taking a little getting used to, but it actually seems quite nice. Itā€™ll be much easier to navigate once the old boards get cleaned up.

rip moparscape theme :frowning:

As a suggestion, unless Iā€™m missing it, a way to ā€˜subscribeā€™ to certain categories would be nice. That way you can prioritize which ones you see new content from first.

You can subscribe to categories, take for example:

https://forum.moparisthebest.com/c/general-discussion

Then you click the circle in the top-right, and choose when you want to receive emails about that category.

Is that what you meant?

I meant more of a way to prioritize categories so that it would show the ones youā€™re subscribed to before any other ones. I see now that you can display categories like you could on the old forums, which is what I was missing. I was just viewing it through the ā€˜Latestā€™ tab.

Ah yea, and I could set that as the default view, but I think this one might be better with latest topics up top?

Is there an option for each individual member to change how the default view is for them? Iā€™m sure youā€™re going to have people that prefer both ways.

It definitely takes some getting used to. In some ways it feels a littleā€¦ cluttered?
At least it has some good stuff like auto refreshing topics, so at least it feels modern!

I like it. Itā€™s a paradigm shift, but it works. I think it also helps make ongoing topics more visible to users.

Itā€™s also nice to finally have a mobile-friendly user interface.

1 Like

It even gives you the option for desktop notifications!!

Itā€™s sort of weird how at the bottom of threads, it gives ā€œsuggested topicsā€ but they are all extremely old threads created by myself. Why doesnt it give suggested topics based on keywords of current thread/topic. Why would it only suggest topics that the viewer has created, lol.

Also user profiles are sort of weird, i dont want my 2006 posts on main page of my profile >.>

I think a fresh start to the forums would be nice the import has made it rather awkward to navigate.

I love my ā€œsuggested topicsā€, reminds of all the gr8 stuff I have posted :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ya boy is back. Whatā€™s new people?