Ubuntu 12.04

I recently upgraded from 11.10 to 12.04 Ubuntu, and found that this version is extremely buggy for me, there is always system issues, and I can’t even restart because it won’t end correctly, does anyone else experience issues with the newest upgrade? Or is it just me?

I’ve experienced problems from shifting from 11.04 to 11.10… Don’t even want to try shift to 12.04.

upgrades generally break your system

I didn’t have any trouble. =\

True for me. Both my desktop and laptop run Ubuntu as dual boot. I tried to update both (not to 12.04), and both got stuck while updating. In the end, I had to do a hard reboot. Both still work, but I get a lot of errors. On my desktop, the package manager doesn’t even work.

[quote=“R.I.P RSC, post:5, topic:450307”][quote author=t4 link=topic=553201.msg4053372#msg4053372 date=1342725517]
upgrades generally break your system
[/quote]

True for me. Both my desktop and laptop run Ubuntu as dual boot. I tried to update both (not to 12.04), and both got stuck while updating. In the end, I had to do a hard reboot. Both still work, but I get a lot of errors. On my desktop, the package manager doesn’t even work.[/quote]
then shouldn’t you be reinstalling the os about now?

[quote=“Classic, post:6, topic:450307”][quote author=R.I.P RSC link=topic=553201.msg4055163#msg4055163 date=1342872918]

True for me. Both my desktop and laptop run Ubuntu as dual boot. I tried to update both (not to 12.04), and both got stuck while updating. In the end, I had to do a hard reboot. Both still work, but I get a lot of errors. On my desktop, the package manager doesn’t even work.
[/quote]
then shouldn’t you be reinstalling the os about now?[/quote]

Yea, but I can’t be bothered at the moment. I don’t use the desktop that much, and my laptop is still usable. I’ll make a new live cd this week though.

I upgraded to 12.04 on 2 desktops and 2 laptops, no problems on any of them.

what CPU/Ram specs do the laptops have? I only have an n450 atom with 1gb ram

I installed it on my desktop now, and I must say that I have to get used to it. I don’t really like it that the loader doesn’t go away.

Well the second I upgraded, I was attacked by the “A program wants access to your default keyring message”
Every time I entered my password, it would just ask again… Its always coming up saying “There is a system error” and such… Might just have been corrupted in the installation…