Web development

Alright guys. I’m one of those people who can design, and program very well. But I have the downfall of having NO ideas. I don’t care about making money, nor do I have a time limit. I was wondering if anyone here had any ideas for anytype of website they would think would get people on it? It can be rsps, rs, or anything related. I have a few ideas myself, please judge them any way you suit fit…Also please tell me some ideas!

Idea 1: A RSPS Database website. Full of Clients, sources, links, tools, help… NOT a forum. Like a really good Database/system website where you can go and easily find what you need.

Idea 2: A OSRS related site, where it has most famous players, updates… A website for OSRS Help, tips, updates, and it’s own little hiscores system.

Are you experienced with Node? How about git version control software? If so, I think we could work together to make a OSRS combat emulator for web. Meaning a simple turn based game, where you’ve got your stats (levels), armor and weapons (bonuses affecting levels) which in turn translates to max hits. This kind of thing have been done as an IRC bot, but there is no GUI since the program is obviously CLI based.

You should turn it into a REST api, would be nice

For the comments above me. Yes I know jnode. but I don’t see that really going anywhere? It’d be a fun project, Lots of stuff to add… and would be fun. But who would actually play it? lol

Your ideas aren’t any better. Both been done 234234234 times.

[quote=“justaguy, post:5, topic:555214”][quote author=CodexAaron link=topic=674140.msg4507149#msg4507149 date=1460944792]
For the comments above me. Yes I know jnode. but I don’t see that really going anywhere? It’d be a fun project, Lots of stuff to add… and would be fun. But who would actually play it? lol
[/quote]

Your ideas aren’t any better. Both been done 234234234 times.[/quote]

I didn’t know that they have both been done, I’m sorry. I’m really good with SQL, PHP, and web dev. I just don’t have an idea. at all :frowning:

[quote=“CodexAaron, post:6, topic:555214”][quote author=justaguy link=topic=674140.msg4507151#msg4507151 date=1460945013]

Your ideas aren’t any better. Both been done 234234234 times.
[/quote]

I didn’t know that they have both been done, I’m sorry. I’m really good with SQL, PHP, and web dev. I just don’t have an idea. at all :([/quote]

Your first idea alone then comes with the problem that you’re hosting copyrighted files and they’ll just flick you away at the threat of a law suit.

Your second idea has been done 100 times over, myself and Cory tried that when 07scape was first announced but ultimately the competition outranked us.

I don’t really get what you mean when you say “I’m really good with SQL, PHP, and web dev”. That’s literally the most generic statement I’ve ever heard lol, besides PHP what other languages are you fluent in and what other projects have you done? I’m sure you could extend the functionality of something else rather than creating an entirely new project.

It is not about having hundreds or thousands of users. Like you said in your initial post, you do not care about money and you just need something to work on. I would myself enjoy creating such a tool to simulate duel arena combat (excluding movement and other complex aspects of combat). The enjoyability comes from the fact, that we would both have existing knowledge of the system.

You didn’t really answer my earlier question about your knowledge on git and node. Can you specify what you’ve done or try to somehow explain your expertise.

~Tarantula