10 years! Wow. A brief History of the Forums

[quote=“Greeny, post:18, topic:554644”]Need more mention of the glorious SMF hacks you employed :smiley:

The days when banning someone was actually a tough, weighted decision to be made because every ban would crash the forums for half an hour :stuck_out_tongue:

The ban hammer swings more freely these days I imagine.[/quote]
You know, looking back, I can’t actually fathom why that happened. There’s no way there were enough records in the database to justify that downtime.

[quote=“casey., post:17, topic:554644”]Thank you for the educational post MITB.

I am sad to see the forums coming to an end and it sucks that you will be shutting them down at the end of the month, but 10 years is a big achievement none-the-less!

Can we start a petition to change MITB’S mind to keep the website up?

Everyone comment

“PROUND MOPARSCAPER” to let him know ![/quote]

What are you talking about?

He’s talking twaddle, just ignore him.

glad I have been apart of it for 8+ years!

my reaction whenever I see casey post

tl;dr

jk, I read it. Quite a bit of nostalgia going on there. I would like to see this forum continue to thrive, but as you’ve said it, with the decline of Runescape as it is, the decline of this community as well. I wonder what other direction we could move on over to? A legitimate programming site?

That was a nice read. Lots of interesting stuff to me, and it gave me a lot of background and insight about the history and come-up of this place. It’s been a while since I’ve really been active here, but I check it out every once in a while. I wish it was more popular these days like it used to be. And I also wish I had time nowadays to mess with this stuff. That seems to be the problem for most people though. It’s really sad to see it start burning out. The private server community that is, at least.

[quote=“Lothy, post:5, topic:554644”]Hey man, congratulations on the achievement. There are few out there who operate such large communities.

It’s actually been a while since we’ve spoken. How’s life?[/quote]

^.

[quote=“Tom, post:15, topic:554644”][quote author=drubrkletern link=topic=673568.msg4503777#msg4503777 date=1454663565]
i miss moparcraft’s golden days :frowning:
[/quote]

turn pvp ON for more activity :cool:[/quote]
fudge that everyone kills me

Hey Mopar I crtl’d F and didn’t see my name for the holiday gfx. Jk haha.

I never really realized that I’ve been here for the majority of the sites existence now… I remember the first few years of joining (being like 13-14…) and feeling like the site had been here forever already, but in reality it had only been a few years

Same here, except I joined when I was 9-10

[quote=“Davidi2, post:31, topic:554644”]I never really realized that I’ve been here for the majority of the sites existence now… I remember the first few years of joining (being like 13-14…) and feeling like the site had been here forever already, but in reality it had only been a few years[/quote]edgy thoughts

Congrats on 10 years. It will be interesting to see what the next few years bring :slight_smile:

long time.

Damn it’s been a long time of the forums, even mine here, i joined maybe when i was 11.

I remember the 1.5 years or so at kaitnieks felt like an eternity of runescape cheating. In fairness by the time this site was up for 3 years, that already was a milestone of stability for this kind of scene.

was wondering when you’d show up

[quote=“jme, post:37, topic:554644”][quote author=Davidi2 link=topic=673568.msg4503832#msg4503832 date=1454734675]
I never really realized that I’ve been here for the majority of the sites existence now… I remember the first few years of joining (being like 13-14…) and feeling like the site had been here forever already, but in reality it had only been a few years
[/quote]

I remember the 1.5 years or so at kaitnieks felt like an eternity of runescape cheating. In fairness by the time this site was up for 3 years, that already was a milestone of stability for this kind of scene.

was wondering when you’d show up[/quote]

I get alerts on my phone whenever there’s a chance to show my superiority.
Don’t worry JME, I’ll never miss the opportunity.

I love it

Congrats and thanks for keeping this amazing site up for us for the last 10 years man! It honestly has shaped my life more then pretty much anything else. I wouldn’t be nearly as interested in computers and programming if I had never found SCAR all the way back in 2006. Moparisthebest.com was the first search engine hit for pascal compiler and I had decided in my 14 year old mind that I would do my first game programming in pascal (because I had no idea of any other languages!!).

So I downloaded SCAR and stuck around the forums learning but not registering until a few months afterwards. Eventually I started playing runescape since all the tutorials were written for runescape. I might be one of a few people who discovered scar before runescape haha.

Unfortunately, I can’t remember playing official runescape through the moparscape client but I do recall playing SytheScape which I’m 99% sure was Sythe’s version of the moparscape rs client (correct me if I’m wrong someone!).

Anyways, I digress, a lot of nostalgia and I hope this site stays up and active for another 10 years and beyond. :slight_smile: