A 459 ive been working on

Been working on this 459, current has,
WorldList (Jedi For telling me how it worked),
UpdateServer (Uses the OpenRS Cache Libarary, Update Server Provided by Graham)
and Basic Login
Some cool backend systems
Feedback would be nice, since i will be releasing this once im finished.

https://github.com/sirpkp00n/459serv

Is the 459 update server protocol the same as in 508?

Also, where would one find a client for this?

the update protocol is the same as 508 but a lot of the client is very simular to the 317 client in many ways.

Edit:
Client and Cache Link: http://www.upload.ee/files/2285439/Client.rar.html

http://www.moparisthebest.com/rs/oldrs/bin/rs459_06-22-07_19.jar Orgininal Client

Currently the client has ISAAC disabled at the moment until i document all the packets and their sizes and no maps will load on login since there are no correct XTEA keys, once i write a map packer for the Openrs cache library il pack all the maps from the “377 cache”.

Also if your interested, the user Scully released a 459 based on hyperion, yet a lot of the protocol stuff he done is wrong.

care to document this protocol @ rswiki.moparisthebest.com?

That’s mainly what I’m interested in, as I’ve never been able to get a 508 update server working as it should

sure, once i finish the basics off.

[quote=“Moparisthebest, post:5, topic:440349”][quote author=sir pk p00n link=topic=543025.msg3980028#msg3980028 date=1335130860]
the update protocol is the same as 508 but a lot of the client is very simular to the 317 client in many ways.
[/quote]

That’s mainly what I’m interested in, as I’ve never been able to get a 508 update server working as it should…[/quote]

Well it was Graham who wrote the code for the Update Server but i had have one but the 660 Protocol but sadly my code was lost and Discard doesnt have a backup anymore :’(.

[quote=“Moparisthebest, post:5, topic:440349”][quote author=sir pk p00n link=topic=543025.msg3980028#msg3980028 date=1335130860]
[/quote]

That’s mainly what I’m interested in, as I’ve never been able to get a 508 update server working as it should…[/quote]

I’ll play around with it later and see if I can get it working. The problem might be you are writing the 0xFF markers in the wrong places (need to check this - it’s a bit confusing), also it doesn’t seem you strip the 2 byte version trailer from files that are not in idx255, some formats in the cache (e.g. archives) use trailers instead of headers so I think this may also cause problems.

current got updating and a few other packets defined, still need to clean up some code but once done, il commit it. havent had much time to work on this since college work has taken up most of my time.

perhaps a stupid question, but why is your client not rendering objects?

there was no XTEA keys dumped at the time, so at the moment im just bypassing the map check until i can be assed to write a map packer to pack all the maps from the 377 cache.