A wild bot appears

Just curious if anyone from this community is running it because it uses some methods that have been discussed here before, For example Canny Edge detection.

Ive heard rumours its some developers from rsbuddy but I dunno

vulcan? that name sounds familiar and extremely vague
some googling said that a while ago it redirected to rune-server, so probably someone from there
edit:
http://www.rune-server.org/official-runescape/runescape-underground/botting-macroing/373839-dreamrs-lead-runescape-automation-software-color-bot.html

Okay Magikarp, hit it with a Splash attack!!!1

On a serious note:

/**
 * Checks if the user has a rank of sponsor+ or not.
 * @return <tt>true</tt> if sponsor+; otherwise <tt>false</tt>.
 */
public static boolean hasSponsorPermissions() {
    return RuneDream.hasSponsorPermissions();
}
/**
 * Checks if the user has a rank of sponsor+ or not.
 * @return <tt>true</tt> if sponsor+; otherwise <tt>false</tt>.
 */
public static boolean hasSponsorPermissions() {
    return true; //RuneDream.hasSponsorPermissions();
}

[quote=“cooper, post:3, topic:431376”]vulcan? that name sounds familiar and extremely vague
some googling said that a while ago it redirected to rune-server, so probably someone from there
edit:
http://google.com/official-runescape/runescape-underground/botting-macroing/373839-dreamrs-lead-runescape-automation-software-color-bot.html[/quote]

Fixt: http://tinyurl.com/6wko9k5

It’s like scar… but worse

I’d say the only thing it has going for it is cross platformability…

Not enjoying the script example at all.

[quote=“Davidi2, post:6, topic:431376”]It’s like scar… but worse

I’d say the only thing it has going for it is cross platformability…[/quote]
Maybe. At this stage though a colour clicker offers more promise than attempts to reverse engineer the client’s internals. At least in my opinion. Failing that, analysis of the world as it is rendered is the other approach.

[quote=“Lothy, post:8, topic:431376”][quote author=Davidi2 link=topic=534054.msg3904433#msg3904433 date=1328074158]
It’s like scar… but worse

I’d say the only thing it has going for it is cross platformability…
[/quote]
Maybe. At this stage though a colour clicker offers more promise than attempts to reverse engineer the client’s internals. At least in my opinion. Failing that, analysis of the world as it is rendered is the other approach.[/quote]Jagex has already started taking steps against color clickers (if you log in, you can see some random color differentials each time you log in, sometimes on the minimap, othertimes in other places), so keeping up will be hard.

Haven’t they done that for years? Like, since RSC?

yeah

[quote=“Davidi2, post:9, topic:431376”][quote author=Lothy link=topic=534054.msg3904494#msg3904494 date=1328085865]

Maybe. At this stage though a colour clicker offers more promise than attempts to reverse engineer the client’s internals. At least in my opinion. Failing that, analysis of the world as it is rendered is the other approach.
[/quote]Jagex has already started taking steps against color clickers (if you log in, you can see some random color differentials each time you log in, sometimes on the minimap, othertimes in other places), so keeping up will be hard.[/quote]
Would if be enough do check patterns and how colour differs from eachother, and not specific colours?
Like a tree is brown and green, and the leaves have a pattern you recognize. Even if the colours change you will still be able to recognize green and brown, and the pattern from the leaves would not change.

or as scar has called it for years, dtms…

[quote=“Mopman, post:10, topic:431376”]Haven’t they done that for years? Like, since RSC?[/quote]Have they? I played for years, never noticed it until after clusterflutterer, and there were others on MPSC that posted about it too… maybe they did, but now it’s much more noticable

If the bot is programmed with tolerance in mind then the problem can be solved. They can’t change the colour too much otherwise it ruins the experience for legitimate players. :stuck_out_tongue:
There’s probably some part of the colour that changes (ie, the hue might change a few points) and other parts that don’t change (such as the saturation). Or maybe they change one sometimes and the other other times.
They aren’t going to change the hue by something absurd like 20 points though, otherwise they’ll end up with a completely different colour (and a tacky game).

If the bot can ‘learn’ the colour range over time to some extent (perhaps by right clicking what it believes to be a certain npc, and then parsing the right-click menu to see if this was the case) then the effectiveness of colour changes is reduced.

[quote=“Davidi2, post:14, topic:431376”][quote author=Mopman link=topic=534054.msg3904497#msg3904497 date=1328088176]
Haven’t they done that for years? Like, since RSC?
[/quote]Have they? I played for years, never noticed it until after clusterflutterer, and there were others on MPSC that posted about it too… maybe they did, but now it’s much more noticable[/quote]

subtle changes in colour have always been present

the furthest they came to killing colour bots was the update which added the quest with a new area, you know, the area where all the mobs are the same colour as their environment and the reward for the quest was rainbow boots

[quote=“Niall, post:16, topic:431376”][quote author=Davidi2 link=topic=534054.msg3904525#msg3904525 date=1328094049]

subtle changes in colour have always been present

the furthest they came to killing colour bots was the update which added the quest with a new area, you know, the area where all the mobs are the same colour as their environment and the reward for the quest was rainbow boots[/quote]
That’s the stronghold of security. It isn’t really a quest, but it’s a good training area.

What I’m curious about is which randoms would cause trouble for a colour clicker. The game is 24 frames per second or higher, so wouldn’t it be possible for a bot to identify portions of an image that were animated?
Consider the game that you have to obtain 10 points in. The ring swirls around the one you have to click, and changes every 5 seconds or so. If a colour bot could process the scene quickly enough (performance being the main issue) then couldn’t it identify this animation and use that to aid its clicking?

The only mildly efficient but purely image processing based scheme that comes to mind is halving the image constantly and generating a light-weight hash for each portion. If the hash of a portion changes, halve it again and repeat until you find the screen portions that have changed.
After doing this for a few frames, begin only checking the portions that are consistently animated.

It doesn’t sound particularly ideal, but it would allow a purely colour based approach.

Lothy: If you make the bot aware of the player position, and the cameras angle. Shouldn’t the bot be able to find the relevant areas on the screen and only check that? Why have it to be 100% colour based?

You could easily defeat your method by having the all of the colours to change slightly every x frame.

the source is pretty dull imo

source is extremely dull,

my colour clicker just finds colours with a tolerance and checks the distance between the points, if they are close then paint that area.

still WIP but i have other commitments atm so am unable to dedicate my time to developing a cheat for a game ^ ^