Allow Website Links in RS2 Server/Client Showoff Board

First of all, let me verify I am not suggesting to remove link approval by moderators. I am all for it and support it 100%.

My argument is basically that links should be allowed to be posted on project threads within this board after being verified by a moderator. It makes no sense how links are allowed to be posted after approval in the Development Teams board. If anything, links to the project’s community (website) should be allowed in this board over the Development Teams board. This board is not only for showing off work, but its the only place where you can post your project thread. Project threads help for building anticipation for your followers/supporters. Allowing the project owners to post the link only helps the project more as it directs traffic to the community.

Please allow links to be posted on project threads after they’re verified by a moderator. It makes absolutely no sense the way it is set up right now.

Support. I think tbh if a mod should be able to approve for any board if they find it acceptable.

Support.

Wouldn’t that allow advertising in that section? Just my opinion …

No it wouldn’t be advertising. People should be allowed to follow updates and what no on the forums and be apart of the community there. It’s not like they’re advertising I guess, but anyone who would like to follow the development more can register on the forums and what not. They can post suggestions and feedback. I don’t understand why it isn’t aloud.

Even though I hate you riipiin from the bottom of my heart.

/support :frowning:

[quote=“kronikz, post:5, topic:539860”][quote author=naseem142 link=topic=658709.msg4405756#msg4405756 date=1391932428]
Wouldn’t that allow advertising in that section? Just my opinion …
[/quote]
No it wouldn’t be advertising. People should be allowed to follow updates and what no on the forums and be apart of the community there. It’s not like they’re advertising I guess, but anyone who would like to follow the development more can register on the forums and what not. They can post suggestions and feedback. I don’t understand why it isn’t aloud.

/support :([/quote]Until their server is finished and launches, then that person will already have summed up a community to start with.

The rules were different, for some reason when the sections got merged we got the old rules instead of the updated ones. I can’t remember exactly what the new rules were but there was something about linking to your own advertisement threads in your development threads and being able to post website links in development threads as long as the server was not already being hosted.

[quote=“Davidi2, post:7, topic:539860”]The rules were different, for some reason when the sections got merged we got the old rules instead of the updated ones. I can’t remember exactly what the new rules were but there was something about linking to your own advertisement threads in your development threads and being able to post website links in development threads as long as the server was not already being hosted.[/quote]Oh yeah, I think I remember that. I still think it’s a form of advertisement either way.

[quote=“Uncalled, post:6, topic:539860”][quote author=kronikz link=topic=658709.msg4405778#msg4405778 date=1391937377]

/support :frowning:
[/quote]Until their server is finished and launches, then that person will already have summed up a community to start with.[/quote]By the time the server is being hosted, the thread should have been locked and moved to the advertisement board where updates will continue to be posted.

And I was bullied for ‘advertising’ Avarrocka in the general section lol. Support.

Please allow us to post links regarding our server and/or client project/showoff if the link’s related (e.g. forums link).

I personally don’t see a point in allowing people to do so. Why do you need to do that? You’re going to have to find a reason(s) to show the community/administrators that it SHOULD be allowed, don’t you think?

I don’t see a reason because for those who start developing and get to a certain point, they’re going to advertise it and then eventually go to the advertisement board.

Well some people like to have a community before the server is online. It’s hard to do that if you can’t post a simple link to your forums.

why would you need a community for something that does not exist? you will have a bigger following by those monitoring your development on a popular board.

[quote=“Miss Silabsoft, post:14, topic:539860”][quote author=Michael P link=topic=669363.msg4476035#msg4476035 date=1425959393]
Well some people like to have a community before the server is online. It’s hard to do that if you can’t post a simple link to your forums.
[/quote]
why would you need a community for something that does not exist? you will have a bigger following by those monitoring your development on a popular board.[/quote]

Just because something isn’t being hosted currently does not mean it does’t exist…

[quote=“Miss Silabsoft, post:14, topic:539860”][quote author=Michael P link=topic=669363.msg4476035#msg4476035 date=1425959393]
[/quote]
why would you need a community for something that does not exist? you will have a bigger following by those monitoring your development on a popular board.[/quote]I agree with you…but um… moparscape popular board?

[/quote]
why would you need a community for something that does not exist? you will have a bigger following by those monitoring your development on a popular board.[/quote]big game devs have huge communities already established before their games are published… If there is no reason, wouldn’t that mean its not cost effective too?

[quote=“Pwnd, post:17, topic:539860”][quote author=Miss Silabsoft link=topic=669363.msg4476038#msg4476038 date=1425960069]

why would you need a community for something that does not exist? you will have a bigger following by those monitoring your development on a popular board.
[/quote]big game devs have huge communities already established before their games are published… If there is no reason, wouldn’t that mean its not cost effective too?[/quote]
Big game devs already have a following from previous games. Id didnt create a forum and build a community for the release of commander keen they went to already established shareware promoting sites. When you get as big as blizzard sure you can create a community because you already have groupies ready to buy shit even before they know what it is because they enjoyed previous content from the provider.

[quote=“Miss Silabsoft, post:18, topic:539860”][quote author=Pwnd link=topic=669363.msg4477833#msg4477833 date=1427266601]

Big game devs already have a following from previous games. Id didnt create a forum and build a community for the release of commander keen they went to already established shareware promoting sites. When you get as big as blizzard sure you can create a community because you already have groupies ready to buy shit even before they know what it is because they enjoyed previous content from the provider.[/quote]Uh. First-time game devs build a community and have a website, etc., promoting their upcoming product before it’s released too. Ok.