Badges on Moparscape Server

All the badges we have on the forum should be added to the client, if anything that would be a unique addition no other server has. :slight_smile:

Another great idea is to have IRC integration so we could talk from the irc or server, etc, etc, etc, etc.

Actually, there should be a badge for contribution towards the server.

I seen a client with smilies the other day so yeah should be done.

tbh i dont think the badges would be a great idea. to make them the appropriate size they would look so horrible/pixelated.

perhaps titles/prefixes like

[irc addict/fagit] jmood: hey guys
[staff] davidi2: i like boys
[hacker] svitkona: 1337

etc

and i support the irc integration but i think it would be best to either implement it into a ‘toggleable’ feature like the public/private/game filter buttons etc, or perhaps make it only work if you’re in the clan chat ‘irc’ ?

also add ios emojis to the client / moparscape

no

Swiftswitch-esque client would be smexy. I would think maybe an “A” badge for those who did Alpha testing and “B” for Beta testing would be best for badges. I normally hate it when everyone has a badge and there are like 10-15 badges.

so, davidi2/I get another badge?

sick

Whackatre had some form of basic IRC integration through his server years ago, speak to him about that.

Silabsoft had every connection on rep cape ++ scape join into a channel on dairc. Delta wasnt to happy about that botnet sitting on his irc though

[quote=“sinisoul, post:7, topic:548247”][quote author=Ashi link=topic=667151.msg4461449#msg4461449 date=1417733938]
Actually, there should be a badge for contribution towards the server.
[/quote]

so, davidi2/I get another badge?

sick[/quote]mods dont show other badges :c

What moparscape server? o.O Is it up and running now?

Soon!

[quote=“Jmood, post:12, topic:548247”][quote author=Lothy link=topic=667151.msg4461616#msg4461616 date=1417816914]
What moparscape server? o.O Is it up and running now?
[/quote]

Soon™[/quote]

[quote=“casey., post:9, topic:548247”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=667151.msg4461524#msg4461524 date=1417766919]
Whackatre had some form of basic IRC integration through his server years ago, speak to him about that.
[/quote]
Silabsoft had every connection on rep cape ++ scape join into a channel on dairc. Delta wasnt to happy about that botnet sitting on his irc though[/quote]
actually I had it directly in the client so it was everyone using the silabclient good stuff!

Silab’s client back in the day was a botnet?

it didn’t have any commands to do anything malicious it simply connected to a irc channel and would allow you to send messages to all clients connected (cross server communications) it was scrapped a few days in due to the fact I couldn’t find a clean way to distinguish servers without having some sort of server roster (which was something i didn’t want to manage) and because of concerns from some members of the community.

Obliviously being a part of a your botnet… damn those were the days.

[quote=“zuppers, post:13, topic:548247”][quote author=Jmood link=topic=667151.msg4461618#msg4461618 date=1417817064]

Soon™
[/quote][/quote]
lol’d