Better Sprite Packer

Current Version: 1.41

Last update: June 8, 2016

Thought Galkons sprite packer was missing some useful features, also has some tedious bugs so I recreated it.

This is an open-source project, the link to the public repository is mentioned below.

Features

[ul][] Load sprite archives (sprites.dat, sprites.idx or custom names) and view sprites within the archives.
[
] Load sprites in a directory and view them.
[] Write sprites to .dat, .idx files.
[
] Dump Sprites from sprites archive.
[] Can use the search field to quickly find the index of a sprite.
[
] You can hover over an image and a tooltip will tell you its dimensions.
[] Displays all exceptions to the user.
[
] Can rename sprites.
[] Displays all sprite attributes.
[
] Frame re-sizes itself according to the sprite size.
[] “sprites” are named as the default sprite archive names.
[
] Reads “main_file_sprites” name format as well.
[] The list shows the sprites and their indices
[
] The list has context menus
[] Can dump a single sprite
[
] Can view the current directory
[] Has animations (Progress bars, ProgressIndicator, ProgressText)
[
] Has some CSS styling
[] Files are now validated when loading sprite images. (Make sure they are in png format, all other formats will be ignored) This fixed the “thumbs.db” crash.
[
] Updated the UI with more animations, new style to progressBar, also text over progress bar indicating files completed.
[] Fixed several bugs I found looking through the source
[
] You can now name images. (The names are stored in the archives when you write them, and loaded when you load the archives)
[] By default, if a sprite has no name the index will be displayed. If the sprite has a name, the name will be shown rather than the index.
[
] You can now filter the list based on the index of the sprite, or the sprites name (Before you could only search the index of the sprite not the name)
[*] ImageView is now capped at a width of either 512 or height of 512. If the image you select from the list has a larger width or height than 512 the ImageView will be re-sized while maintaining the images aspect ratio. (This has no effect on the image when you write them) (This fixed the issue of large images making the program extremely big)[/ul]

Media:

If you encounter any problems with this please let me know and I’ll fix the issues. Also if you have any suggestions for additional features let me know I would appreciate your feedback.

Enjoy!

GitHub
https://github.com/Vult-R/Better-Sprite-Packer

Download
http://www.mediafire.com/download/tyn5a5e3e40r272/better_sprite_packer_1.42.jar