Community Update [25/08/2015]

I want my name changed to Milkman because I hate numbers. They’re against my religion.

Either this or increase the cap

increase cap to 2000, make it go in increments of 1 or scrap rep entirely and PLEASE for the love of god add a “thanks” system

I don’t see the poll but i would like it back

if rep returns can someone finally delete my account

don’t see it

Even though it’s being looked into, I don’t see it either just fyi.

what dont you understand

Honestly, I don’t really see it being a bad thing nor a good thing if it was added back. From what I see, a lot of people want it back while others don’t care if it is or isn’t. I personally do not care, but I do think a thanks system would be nice to have in play.

…a month later.

What do you want from me? I contacted the relevant folk, they saw it, and they didn’t fix it. That’s all, really. Those who could vote - Thanks for voting.

[quote=“my-swagger, post:8, topic:553083”][quote author=Fabrice L link=topic=671999.msg4494189#msg4494189 date=1440465651]

That would sure lead to problems
[/quote]
Not quiet, I’ve seen many accounts with like 1 post that have last logged in like 7 years ago.
Guest accounts, you can already take their names by creating a new account.

If anything just do what GitHub does with their name squatting policy (tailored for the forum).

Edit: why don’t we have the “remove post” option anymore, just noticed it.[/quote]An example of why this would be a problem is because I’m going to take Regex’s name, but I’m sure only a handful of users know who he was.

[quote=“Pwnd, post:32, topic:553083”][quote author=my-swagger link=topic=671999.msg4494241#msg4494241 date=1440524323]

Not quiet, I’ve seen many accounts with like 1 post that have last logged in like 7 years ago.
Guest accounts, you can already take their names by creating a new account.

If anything just do what GitHub does with their name squatting policy (tailored for the forum).

Edit: why don’t we have the “remove post” option anymore, just noticed it.
[/quote]An example of why this would be a problem is because I’m going to take Regex’s name, but I’m sure only a handful of users know who he was.[/quote]

Obviously oldfag names shouldn’t be taken, but an account with a single post that most likely in the help section shouldn’t be off limits.

Also Tom is slowly taking all of our rights way. The latest step was removing the remove post option, I hear he is going to start selling the forum database to Microsoft so we can get better integrated with Cortana.

Hitler took the rep! Stalin took the rep! Mao took the rep! Fidel Castro took the rep! Hugo Chavez took the rep!
I’m here to tell you — 1776 will commence again if you try to take our rep!