Community Update [25/08/2015]

Hey guys,

Just a few small changes and updates to let you know about today, as I’ve posted around the forums recently I am now openly allowing name changes, please drop me a private message with all the relevant information and why you want your name changed and I’ll review it. If you’ve had your name changed already, I cannot guarantee I’ll do it again. That being said think long and hard before messaging me. :slight_smile:

On another note I’ve stumbled across a cool feature of simpleportal which allows the creation of new pages with cool designs, in the past people have suggested reworking the help tab to include more relevant information, we can now do that and once this page is complete I’ll link it on the homepage. You can find the under construction version of the page here:

If you’d like to help please let me know, I’d appreciate that a lot! :slight_smile:

Finally onto the elephant in the topic, I’m polling the return of the reputation system, while this poll doesn’t determine anything it’s merely to grasp the communities view on the matter. The results will be available after the poll has expired, I’d suggest everyone vote.

If there is a member that has been logged off for a long time and is not active anymore can you take there name by any chance? Or would that lead to many problems?

That would sure lead to problems

Is the poll not up yet?

polls are being messed up due to a new smf bug, give them time to fix it

I would love to see rep system back.

I like the idea of having the rep system back. Maybe a good change for it would be 1 point for all levels of rep. Considering how easy it was to get 200 rep when you had hundreds able to give out 13+ at a time.

[quote=“Fabrice L, post:3, topic:553083”][quote author=WarTusk-RSPS link=topic=671999.msg4494184#msg4494184 date=1440463284]
If there is a member that has been logged off for a long time and is not active anymore can you take there name by any chance? Or would that lead to many problems?
[/quote]

That would sure lead to problems[/quote]
Not quiet, I’ve seen many accounts with like 1 post that have last logged in like 7 years ago.
Guest accounts, you can already take their names by creating a new account.

If anything just do what GitHub does with their name squatting policy (tailored for the forum).

Edit: why don’t we have the “remove post” option anymore, just noticed it.

I’d rather have a thanks system over reputation, but I don’t really care if it’s maintained correctly.

[quote=“casey., post:10, topic:553083”][quote author=Chassy13 link=topic=671999.msg4494242#msg4494242 date=1440524435]
I’d rather have a thanks system over reputation, but I don’t really care if it’s maintained correctly.
[/quote][/quote]

[quote=“Davidi2, post:11, topic:553083”][quote author=casey. link=topic=671999.msg4494244#msg4494244 date=1440524760]

[/quote][/quote]

yall nigga’s just worried old silab will school you in rep whoring.

sythe.org - selling rep for moparscape!

hhahahahhaa, warned, HAHAHAHAHAHA. rekt

[quote=“sini, post:15, topic:553083”][quote author=Miss Silabsoft link=topic=671999.msg4494258#msg4494258 date=1440532384]
yall nigga’s just worried old silab will school you in rep whoring.
[/quote]

hhahahahhaa, warned, HAHAHAHAHAHA. rekt[/quote]
mods are fudgeing retarded thats why I retired, I got warned on that shitty thread you created for spamming that picture pure_ posted, Because the rest of the thread had something more constructive to offer I bet everyone was really enjoying the wellington conversation of him trying to convince everyone that his server did anything before mine.

Will you guys stop prattling on about rep? Change the fucking record.

[quote=“Miss Silabsoft, post:16, topic:553083”][quote author=sini link=topic=671999.msg4494263#msg4494263 date=1440534300]

hhahahahhaa, warned, HAHAHAHAHAHA. rekt
[/quote]
mods are fudgeing retarded thats why I retired, I got warned on that shitty thread you created for spamming that picture pure_ posted, Because the rest of the thread had something more constructive to offer I bet everyone was really enjoying the wellington conversation of him trying to convince everyone that his server did anything before mine.

[/quote]im proud that im your role model but hunny you need to be your own self
dont let your memes be dreams
BE SOMETHING
JUST DO IT

[quote=“Lothy, post:17, topic:553083”]Will you guys stop prattling on about rep? Change the fudgeing record.[/quote]if you talk like that to tom again i will eat you with my bowl of cereal. with water.

This whole poll thing is confusing, some of you can see it, some of you can’t and you’re all identical as far as permissions go. :slight_smile: I’ll look into it now.

Let me know via PM and I’ll look into it, depends entirely on the account. I’ve done it before though.

looks like if your friends with tom special permissions and cups will be given as well