E-Books

I’ve always found ebooks hard to find and while I’d always like to give authors my money for digital copies it’s still not quite as widely published as paperbacks.

http://free-books.us.to/

Thank me later.

Doesn’t it just redirect to Google books? What am I missing >.<

Paperback > ebooks

[quote=“Speljohan, post:4, topic:437412”][quote author=Pwnd link=topic=540123.msg3955081#msg3955081 date=1332670056]
Paperback > ebooks
[/quote][/quote]
i don’t know I have grown quite fond of reading books on my phone, Although reading paperback is easier and more relaxing its just not easy to carry a book in my purse when its full of other important stuff (9001 tampons)

[quote=“Miss Silabsoft, post:5, topic:437412”][quote author=Speljohan link=topic=540123.msg3955088#msg3955088 date=1332673822]

[/quote]
i don’t know I have grown quite fond of reading books on my phone, Although reading paperback is easier and more relaxing its just not easy to carry a book in my purse when its full of other important stuff (9001 tampons)[/quote]Yeah, i imagine the “Big Joe” black vibrator takes up quite a bit of space.

Books are better, they don’t need to be charged.

[quote=“Speljohan, post:4, topic:437412”][quote author=Pwnd link=topic=540123.msg3955081#msg3955081 date=1332670056]
Paperback > ebooks
[/quote][/quote]

I have to disagree, having all my textbooks and manuals for work on my iPad is alot easier than lugging all of of them around, it also helps when I am walking a mile across campus and dont want to carry 4 hardcover textbook in my bag. I can also do a search for keywords in the book and if I was using a hardcover book I would have to flip each page searching for keywords by eye. I do buy the hardcover copies and keep them in my car as backups though just in case my iPad does die.

[quote=“mwiebelhaus, post:8, topic:437412”][quote author=Speljohan link=topic=540123.msg3955088#msg3955088 date=1332673822]

[/quote]

I have to disagree, having all my textbooks and manuals for work on my iPad is alot easier than lugging all of of them around, it also helps when I am walking a mile across campus and dont want to carry 4 hardcover textbook in my bag. I can also do a search for keywords in the book and if I was using a hardcover book I would have to flip each page searching for keywords by eye. I do buy the hardcover copies and keep them in my car as backups though just in case my iPad does die.[/quote]Given that you have a $600 paper weight…

[quote=“Pwnd, post:9, topic:437412”][quote author=mwiebelhaus link=topic=540123.msg3955292#msg3955292 date=1332698090]

I have to disagree, having all my textbooks and manuals for work on my iPad is alot easier than lugging all of of them around, it also helps when I am walking a mile across campus and dont want to carry 4 hardcover textbook in my bag. I can also do a search for keywords in the book and if I was using a hardcover book I would have to flip each page searching for keywords by eye. I do buy the hardcover copies and keep them in my car as backups though just in case my iPad does die.
[/quote]Given that you have a $600 paper weight…[/quote]

Your comment makes no sense, but your signature explains that

[quote=“Pwnd, post:9, topic:437412”]Given that you have a $600 paper weight…[/quote]you say that like he wouldnt be hauling 600$ of textbooks

i find paperback to be nicer for mathematics, but digital copies to be far superior in other subjects

[quote=“frank_, post:11, topic:437412”][quote author=Pwnd link=topic=540123.msg3955364#msg3955364 date=1332702786]
Given that you have a $600 paper weight…
[/quote]you say that like he wouldnt be hauling 600$ of textbooks[/quote]Imagine programming books

Getting an iPad made my life 999 easier. It’s so much better carrying around a thin slate with freely downloaded pdfs than three $100 textbooks.

I enjoy having paper copies but I’m also interested in the lightweight experience the kindle has to offer, so I’ll probably get one. Chances are I’ll just pirate books onto it that I already own, I have no intention of paying for them twice :stuck_out_tongue:

An E-reader is great for reading novels. They are light, small enough to hold in one hand but not too small. But when it comes to study books, I prefer good old paper books. You can flick through them much easier than e-books.

[quote=“Greeny, post:15, topic:437412”]I enjoy having paper copies but I’m also interested in the lightweight experience the kindle has to offer, so I’ll probably get one. Chances are I’ll just pirate books onto it that I already own, I have no intention of paying for them twice :P[/quote]Digital copies, from my one time experience, are significantly less money than paperback. I got a $500 book for $5 legitimately through Amazon.

It’s true but its more difficult to pirate paper copies ;D

[quote=“Greeny, post:18, topic:437412”]It’s true but its more difficult to pirate paper copies ;D[/quote]Physically stealing this would be much harder, yes ahah.

Pirating will probably be just as bad when this whole internet anonymity thing goes away.

I don’t know, searching, bookmarks that synchronise across all your computers, phones, tablets, etc, is quite handy for textbooks.