Forum software

Any suggestions, ideas, etc

Discourse seems to be a fore runner to me and some other people (incl. mitb).

I’m not a fan of how everything is laid out… Kinda like having the categories for each board instead of filtering it through a list at the top.

If anyone wants to see another live example of the software, Imgur uses the software for their forums.

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:2, topic:551834”]I’m not a fan of how everything is laid out… Kinda like having the categories for each board instead of filtering it through a list at the top.

If anyone wants to see another live example of the software, Imgur uses the software for their forums.[/quote]That view is included, you can see the categories bit at the top. I personally think it’s quite neat and MITB has expressed an interest in trying it. (yes he’s not dead)

Are you suggesting that we change MSCP’s forum software? Sorry, the way you worded this topic made it seem like you want US to suggest to YOU what YOU should use but then posting this in community suggestions confused me.

Regardless, I don’t think there’s a reason to change to another forum software. If we took a few cosmetic changes to the forum that would be fantastic (theme… as suggested 100x times) but if we were going to, IPB perhaps would be the biggest thing I’d have to recommend changing to.

Lets not move away from SMF… I mean, this forum could use a shitton of work. However, from what I understand and have heard at least, it’s just gotten that way over time and it could be fixed by some solutions I’m unaware of.

How is that going to bring anyone else in or benefit anything?

If it’s not broken don’t fix it

gl migrating everything

[quote=“Ruby, post:6, topic:551834”]How is that going to bring anyone else in or benefit anything?

If it’s not broken don’t fix it[/quote]

Also to elaborate on what t4 said this is like barely any SMF left mitb has hardcoded 999999 things in and it’d be a full on absolute shitemare to try and move softwares. It’s bad enough trying to update nevermind shift completely.

new skin at least

Why? I didn’t see Moparisthebest’s angle on this when he first brought it up ages ago and I don’t really see yours now.

[quote=“Cres, post:9, topic:551834”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=670752.msg4485370#msg4485370 date=1433701942]
How is that going to bring anyone else in or benefit anything?

If it’s not broken don’t fix it
[/quote][/quote]

sorry I am going to have to agree with these two statements as well