I have an issue with my computer!

Hello guys,

I have a little issue with my fan. It keeps spinning like crazy and is making a lot of noise. On idle, it’s fine.
I’ve only noticed it go berzerk when I do anything related to my GPU such as… playing a game or watching a video on YouTube. And I’m talking trivial things such as oldschool rs. Never been an issue really.

Task manager shows CPU and Memory to be fine and there are also no unusual applications, processes or services.

Being certain that it’s related to the GPU, question now is; How can I debug the issue I’m having? How can I see what the computer is trying to do and why the GPU might cause the fan to spin more?

If you are certain it’s the gpu’s fan you can use “MSI Afterburner” to manually set the fan speed , which you can also use to check at what percentage do the fans make noises. So then you can keep it under that i guess.
But also try not to keep the fans spinning too low if it gets too hot, check the temperatures while playing some games.

[quote=“naseem142, post:2, topic:555503”]If you are certain it’s the gpu’s fan you can use “MSI Afterburner” to manually set the fan speed , which you can also use to check at what percentage do the fans make noises. So then you can keep it under that i guess.
But also try not to keep the fans spinning too low if it gets too hot, check the temperatures while playing some games.[/quote]
I am definitely NOT going to change the settings manually. It’s spinning most logically because it’s heating up. It’s heating up most probably due to heavy work.

The question was to find the root cause and not a cheap fix. Which would definitely lead to more problems.

Sorry if I sound mean. Wasn’t expecting it.

is it the cpu fan thats noisy or the gpu fan? if its the CPU you could have an issues with the application of the thermal compound causing the CPU to heat up quickly however when playing games its pretty normal for the chip to heat up regardless if you are using a stock CPU heatsink and fan you could always upgrade to a better fan and heatsink

Open up the side panel, keep it running and see what’s going on physically. What card do you have and how long have you had it?

personally when my old gpu fan was above N% speed it would make a ticking sound, got it replaced
you need to manually mess with the speed to see if thats causing the issue (you dont need to be in game and risk damage)

Opened the side panel and it’s the GPU. It looks perfectly fine.

Nvidia or AMD? Keep in mind Nvidia is notorious for running hot.

I would also suggest looking at this video before trying to get a replacement.

I am very much certain it is not an issue with the actual card but a system issue. I don’t have this issue when on I’m using Ubuntu. Roll backing windows does not fix the issue. I will also not reinstall my OS.

Any other suggestions?

found the problem lo

what kind of gpu is it that you have? i am curious…