Idea for Mod?

Ever notice how there are so many different’s of the same things in modded games? You can have like 5 funaces, 3 different grinders, and 8 Generators/engines depending on power sources and what not.
Well I was thinking of possibly making a “simple” mod that would serve as an interface so all furnaces could act the same.

I think it would save on config file space. Allow mod developers to basically use what they have already. Since it would be a package of abstracts - They would still be free to override any methods they needed to. On top of it all would have to be a manager.

I have no experience with mod making for Minecraft but i think this would be a very powerful tool with minimal work. What do you guys think?

I would also add a “Power Source” interface to simplify that as well.

Do you guys think this would be a manageable task?

Applied Energistics has this function. You can hook up all of your machines, furnaces, grinders etc into a single ‘network’ which can be activated through the terminal.

Although I do like your idea of a power source interface. I’d like a central hub where I can see how much energy per tick is being used for each machine and to be able to dedicate x amount of power to any given machine from this same interface.