Intelligent Debates/Discussion badge?

I came across this comment on the MoparScape badges thread;

and noticed we don’t have many badges, aside from the programming based ones. I do believe we need a new badge, such as this, so the intelligent members of the community can be recognized/noticed, and this is one way to ensure recognition.

So, i’m eager to hear your opinions on this matter. Before you comment, here are a few things you could think about:

[ul][li]What would the requirements be[/li]
[li]Who would deserve this badge (as of right now)[/li]
[li]Pro’s and Con’s[/li][/ul]

Discuss.

You make so many of these, it’s really annoying I think. I mean, it’s good your active in the community but every little thing doesn’t need to be discussed and debated really annoying.

Most of my threads are troll threads, however, this one is not. I do believe we need a ‘few’ more badges that aren’t about programming. This badge would be a great addition to our general discussion category and our community as a whole.

Also, this is the general discussion category for a reason. (So we can DISCUSS) Comments such as yours are extremely annoying.

You just admitted you’re a troll yet you see me annoying. I hardly post and when I do it’s something that means something no useless crap for posts, and to annoy people (unless it’s about ranting about someone like you).

Also, MoparScape is based on RSPS development, RuneScape & General Programming. so that’s why there isn’t other badges etc.

Sometimes commonsense does wonders.

[quote=“Skyro, post:4, topic:470510”]You just admitted you’re a troll yet you see me annoying. I hardly post and when I do it’s something that means something no useless crap for posts, and to annoy people.

Also, MoparScape is based on RSPS development server so that’s why there isn’t other badges etc.

Sometimes commonsense does wonders.[/quote]
You’ve got to be kidding me. Half the threads you create are COMMON SENSE, so no, your threads aren’t ‘meaningful.’

Explain the SOTW badge.

Exactly, now go get some.

http://www.moparisthebest.com/smf/index.php/topic,587068.0.html - Explain badges.

Anyway mate, not going to argue with a stupid troll and get introuble. Start posting again when you learn some self-respect, how to be a normal, and not to be a stupid kid with no life.

Thanks.

INB4RagesAboutSomethingElse.

Bowser wants that badge because he’d get it.

/thread

[quote=“RiiPiiNFtW, post:7, topic:470510”]Bowser wants that badge because he’d get it.

/thread[/quote]
+1

I could also be given the “Badge slut” badge. So long MITB doesn’t censor the word slut.

Bowser for moderator.

Already suggested by yours truly. Basically, the staff here only want to give badges that indicate knowledge and they must have a certain criteria for giving a badge away. Basically the problem was, how do I classify who is better at debating?

I also suggested a RuneScape “elite” award, basically the top X amount of prestigious RuneScape players.

I don’t believe those badges are needed.

[quote=“the elve age, post:10, topic:470510”]Already suggested by yours truly. Basically, the staff here only want to give badges that indicate knowledge and they must have a certain criteria for giving a badge away. Basically the problem was, how do I classify who is better at debating?

I also suggested a RuneScape “elite” award, basically the top X amount of prestigious RuneScape players.[/quote]
+1

We must keep some value in the badges, we don’t need a new Rep.

Why. I would ban everyone who annoys me.

How could an award possibly be awarded for debates and discussions? I don’t see how that would benefit anything. I mean, I’m all for the runescape elite badge but not this. There’s no way you can say one person is better at debating than another member, all they’re doing is stating opinions. You can’t award a person an award for having a better opinion than another person.

If you’re going to suggest an award, at least suggest one that could be plausible.

[quote=“Ruby, post:14, topic:470510”]How could an award possibly be awarded for debates and discussions? I don’t see how that would benefit anything. I mean, I’m all for the runescape elite badge but not this. There’s no way you can say one person is better at debating than another member, all they’re doing is stating opinions. You can’t award a person an award for having a better opinion than another person.

If you’re going to suggest an award, at least suggest one that could be plausible.[/quote]I think he is aiming more towards activity rather than who’s opinion is better.

I’d like to see this badge go in place.

[quote=“gravenfire23, post:15, topic:470510”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587993.msg4171380#msg4171380 date=1354396148]
How could an award possibly be awarded for debates and discussions? I don’t see how that would benefit anything. I mean, I’m all for the runescape elite badge but not this. There’s no way you can say one person is better at debating than another member, all they’re doing is stating opinions. You can’t award a person an award for having a better opinion than another person.

If you’re going to suggest an award, at least suggest one that could be plausible.
[/quote]I think he is aiming more towards activity rather than who’s opinion is better.[/quote]But that still won’t bring any decency to it, a badge is to recognize knowledge in a certain subject; you can’t have knowledge in having an opinion. People can’t generally come and ask you for help on how to be active in a board, can they? I might be barking up the wrong tree here…

[quote=“Ruby, post:17, topic:470510”][quote author=gravenfire23 link=topic=587993.msg4171382#msg4171382 date=1354396333]

[quote author=Ruby link=topic=587993.msg4171380#msg4171380 date=1354396148]

[/quote]I think he is aiming more towards activity rather than who’s opinion is better.
[/quote]But that still won’t bring any decency to it, a badge is to recognize knowledge in a certain subject; you can’t have knowledge in having an opinion. People can’t generally come and ask you for help on how to be active in a board, can they? I might be barking up the wrong tree here…[/quote]And i agree with you completely, just trying to make sure you understand where he’s coming from.

On the whole, “must be knowledgeable in a certain field for a badge”: IRC Legend??

[quote=“gravenfire23, post:18, topic:470510”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=587993.msg4171385#msg4171385 date=1354396565]

[quote author=gravenfire23 link=topic=587993.msg4171382#msg4171382 date=1354396333]

[quote author=Ruby link=topic=587993.msg4171380#msg4171380 date=1354396148]

[/quote]I think he is aiming more towards activity rather than who’s opinion is better.
[/quote]But that still won’t bring any decency to it, a badge is to recognize knowledge in a certain subject; you can’t have knowledge in having an opinion. People can’t generally come and ask you for help on how to be active in a board, can they? I might be barking up the wrong tree here…
[/quote]And i agree with you completely, just trying to make sure you understand where he’s coming from.[/quote]No, I understand where he’s coming from, I’m just saying it doesn’t seem like a very good idea and backing up my points :3.

[quote=“Uncalled, post:19, topic:470510”]On the whole, “must be knowledgeable in a certain field for a badge”: IRC Legend??[/quote]Look at the issues IRC Legend caused, lol.