Looking For Web Designers!

I am currently looking for 1 or 2 design oriented individuals to assist me with RuneMotif.

Requirements:

1+ years experience with HTML/CSS/JavaScript
Proficient with PhotoShop/GIMP
Good eye for design
The willingness to provide people with a quality service for free.

Duties:

Building website templates to be offered for free to the RSPS community.

Shoot me a PM with examples of previous work. Thanks!

I’m only a backend guy :frowning:

https://github.com/cosmicjs/cosmicjs-examples/blob/master/php/astral/index.php

hmmmmmmmmmmm

Not entirely sure you can operate as a website developer when half of your site was written by someone else

There is no problem using code released by other people. Coldmedicine may be using somebody elses code but it’s released under CCA 3.0 license and is not violating that :slight_smile: @Ruby would you say that people who use templates or frameworks can’t design either? ;p I guess I can’t develop either since all my CSS was written by Twitter :expressionless:

Sorry I’m not trying to argue :frowning:

@Coldmedicine I like the colour choices lol

[quote=“my-swagger, post:4, topic:554293”]There is no problem using code released by other people. Coldmedicine may be using somebody elses code but it’s released under CCA 3.0 license and is not violating that :slight_smile: @Ruby would you say that people who use templates or frameworks can’t design either? ;p I guess I can’t develop either since all my CSS was written by Twitter :expressionless:

@Coldmedicine I like the colour choices lol[/quote]
I never mentioned anything about using frameworks, I use foundation and have done for years.

All I’m saying is #1, he changed the comments in the index to look as though he made it and #2, it’s incredibly unprofessional for someone selling themselves as a website developer to be using someone elses work no matter what license it’s released under and then showing it off on a thread as though it’s made them some incredibly talented programmer. It’s nothing to do with a license, it’s professionalism.

[quote=“Ruby, post:5, topic:554293”][quote author=my-swagger link=topic=673218.msg4503311#msg4503311 date=1453920146]
There is no problem using code released by other people. Coldmedicine may be using somebody elses code but it’s released under CCA 3.0 license and is not violating that :slight_smile: @Ruby would you say that people who use templates or frameworks can’t design either? ;p I guess I can’t develop either since all my CSS was written by Twitter :expressionless:

[/quote]
I never mentioned anything about using frameworks, I use foundation and have done for years.

All I’m saying is #1, he changed the comments in the index to look as though he made it and #2, it’s incredibly unprofessional for someone selling themselves as a website developer to be using someone elses work no matter what license it’s released under and then showing it off on a thread as though it’s made them some incredibly talented programmer. It’s nothing to do with a license, it’s professionalism.[/quote]

I would agree. It’s like a web designer whose portfolio is a collection of pre-made templates – unless there’s something really special about what you did, there’s no reason for you to be showing off something you didn’t design.

Are you claiming that you made that template or something?

Now, even if you acknowledge that the template isn’t yours, isn’t it pretty ironic to provide a website development service when you didn’t even make the template for your own website?

“Our codes are more advanced than any other website, because we daily check for updates.”
“We can make really amazing things using a simple database. Based on your wishes, ofcourse!”
“We use the most updated programming languages out there.”

How much do you charge for each buzzword?

You have no portfolio, your site have links that doesn’t work. (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) How the hell are you getting any customers?

He is violating the license by not giving them credit and removing the licensing information.

[quote=“Ruby, post:5, topic:554293”][quote author=my-swagger link=topic=673218.msg4503311#msg4503311 date=1453920146]

[/quote]

All I’m saying is #1, he changed the comments in the index to look as though he made it and #2, it’s incredibly unprofessional for someone selling themselves as a website developer to be using someone elses work no matter what license it’s released under and then showing it off on a thread as though it’s made them some incredibly talented programmer. It’s nothing to do with a license, it’s professionalism.[/quote]I’m a backend developer, not a frontend developer.
You should also back off just a bit, you’re quite annoying.

[quote=“Pwnd, post:2, topic:554293”]I’m only a backend guy :([/quote]i’ll give it to you from the backend

Hi I’m Josh a front end web developer,

I design & build websites using: HTML 5, CSS 3, JavaScript & jQuery.

Your website needs to be built on solid foundations, with clean, well structured code, to ensure it displays correctly to your clients and customers whatever technology they use to browse the internet.

I’d be happy to help feel free to contact me.

[quote=“haviland4, post:11, topic:554293”]Hi I’m Josh a front end web developer,

Your website needs to be built on solid foundations, with clean, well structured code, to ensure it displays correctly to your clients and customers whatever technology they use to browse the internet.

I’d be happy to help feel free to contact me.[/quote]This looks like a cover letter by a dude from India

[quote=“Pwnd, post:12, topic:554293”][quote author=haviland4 link=topic=673218.msg4504690#msg4504690 date=1455973516]

[/quote]This looks like a cover letter by a dude from India[/quote]

Lol I’m from London actually and I’m British,
drop me a line if you’re looking for a front end web developer!

[quote=“Pwnd, post:12, topic:554293”][quote author=haviland4 link=topic=673218.msg4504690#msg4504690 date=1455973516]

[/quote]This looks like a cover letter by a dude from India[/quote]I showed this around the office and everyone said the same thing.

"My Name is X,

I use X X and X and this gives you X result

If you’d like to please your customers I am your choice

I’d be happy to help"

Josh, if you go into freelancing, look at a guy called Daniel DiPiazza. He’s now well on the way to being a millionaire and runs an entire brand named “Rich20Something”, he started out with things like web design and digital marketing and he shows you an AWESOME way to pitch new prospects and close 5 figure deals with ease. Idk what you do but he’s cool to look at regardless.

Quick tip: One thing any website designer or developer with any clue about what they’re doing will discredit straight away is someone who lists what they use “I use HTML 5, CSS 3, JavaScript & jQuery”, as a website designer you’re expected to know those at a MINIMUM. A lot of more learning or medicore designers are coming up as though knowing something like CSS3 is a huge accomplishment but as a designer you’re EXPECTED to keep up to date with the latest practices in your field so when someone comes to me with a CV or resume listing that I’m just like “so why should I care that you know the basic materials for you to do your job?” “Is that all I should expect, the basics?” and then they get all flustered and scared.

If you wanna talk more about how to pitch prospects and close deals etc I can go a bit more in detail for you.

[quote=“Ruby, post:14, topic:554293”][quote author=Pwnd link=topic=673218.msg4504703#msg4504703 date=1455998217]

[quote author=haviland4 link=topic=673218.msg4504690#msg4504690 date=1455973516]

[/quote]This looks like a cover letter by a dude from India
[/quote]I showed this around the office and everyone said the same thing.

"My Name is X,

I use X X and X and this gives you X result

If you’d like to please your customers I am your choice

I’d be happy to help"

Josh, if you go into freelancing, look at a guy called Daniel DiPiazza. He’s now well on the way to being a millionaire and runs an entire brand named “Rich20Something”, he started out with things like web design and digital marketing and he shows you an AWESOME way to pitch new prospects and close 5 figure deals with ease. Idk what you do but he’s cool to look at regardless.

Quick tip: One thing any website designer or developer with any clue about what they’re doing will discredit straight away is someone who lists what they use “I use HTML 5, CSS 3, JavaScript & jQuery”, as a website designer you’re expected to know those at a MINIMUM. A lot of more learning or medicore designers are coming up as though knowing something like CSS3 is a huge accomplishment but as a designer you’re EXPECTED to keep up to date with the latest practices in your field so when someone comes to me with a CV or resume listing that I’m just like “so why should I care that you know the basic materials for you to do your job?” “Is that all I should expect, the basics?” and then they get all flustered and scared.

If you wanna talk more about how to pitch prospects and close deals etc I can go a bit more in detail for you.[/quote]

Sure I totally understand you and yes I’ve probably got to work on my pitch prospects because I haven’t added that in-depth information on subjects and I’ve only added basic materials like you said.

Thanks and yes I would love to talk more about how to pitch prospects and close deals,

What’s your skype username I’ll send you over a request asap :cool:

Thanks again,

Josh

[quote=“haviland4, post:15, topic:554293”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=673218.msg4505048#msg4505048 date=1456603988]

[quote author=Pwnd link=topic=673218.msg4504703#msg4504703 date=1455998217]

Sure I totally understand you and yes I’ve probably got to work on my pitch prospects because I haven’t added that in-depth information on subjects and I’ve only added basic materials like you said.

Thanks and yes I would love to talk more about how to pitch prospects and close deals,

Thanks again,

Akash Deshpande[/quote]

[quote=“haviland4, post:15, topic:554293”][quote author=Ruby link=topic=673218.msg4505048#msg4505048 date=1456603988]

[quote author=Pwnd link=topic=673218.msg4504703#msg4504703 date=1455998217]

Thanks again,

Josh[/quote]

My Skype handle is Ruby_Website_Developer.

Feel free to hit me up and I’ll give you some of my trade secrets for sales and how to close deals.

Has anyone from mopar ever gone on to be a professional web dev?

Yes.

Think a few of us have yeah