Make guests register after a certain number of views

Since we have tons of guests that visit daily and not many members anymore, why not make the guests register after they have looked at 5-10 topics. This way they will register and hopefully become active and then yay, more members.

Pretty sure I’ve seen this topic before in the past, I agree with you. Certainly would bring in more members.

That or it would result in less people using the site. Not sure which is worse though, the lack of activity or the lack of traffic.

I hate that shit.
Rune-Server does it and it annoys me.
I go on rune-server all the time and just browse. Not even make a single word of a reply. And I’m sure plenty of others do to. I’m sure you can tell how well that idea worked for them.

All you’re going to do is inflate the lurker population.

here at moparscape we respect freedom

freedom like GNU/Linux.

Half the guest are just web crawler bots.

[quote=“Jmood, post:6, topic:547695”][quote author=t4 link=topic=666600.msg4457382#msg4457382 date=1415672299]
here at moparscape we respect freedom
[/quote]

freedom like GNU/Linux.[/quote]
you mean GNU PLUS Linux or GNU + Linux or GNU AND LINUX

ah good point

yup, the only reason I became an active member on rune-server is because they had that feature. if they didn’t, i never would’ve registered

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:4, topic:547695”]I hate that shit.
I go on rune-server all the time and just browse. Not even make a single word of a reply. And I’m sure plenty of others do to. I’m sure you can tell how well that idea worked for them.

All you’re going to do is inflate the lurker population.[/quote]
You could just remove all cookies and carry on viewing, but Rune-Server removed this restriction recently anyway.

[quote=“Hyperon, post:11, topic:547695”][quote author=sk8rdude461 link=topic=666600.msg4457000#msg4457000 date=1415473310]
I hate that shit.

All you’re going to do is inflate the lurker population.
[/quote]
You could just remove all cookies and carry on viewing, but Rune-Server removed this restriction recently anyway.[/quote]
I play mindless amounts of flash games.
They save locally in cookies.

I would just remove all rune-server.org cookies in Chrome and carry on viewing.

What’s the point of adding a feature like this? Whenever there’s a forum with that activated I either just ignore and go find what I was looking for somewhere else or I register, get what I wanted and then never visit that forum again

Yeah pretty much…

Has anywhere ever seen a forum that requires this and contains better content than its competitors that don’t require it?

Wait, my brain is lost.

Moparscape is dying because Runescape is dying

It’s not a mopar problem

[quote=“Frell, post:18, topic:547695”]Moparscape is dying because Runescape is dying

It’s not a mopar problem[/quote]

Yes, But mopar was already dying

[quote=“naseem142, post:19, topic:547695”][quote author=Frell link=topic=666600.msg4462684#msg4462684 date=1418401990]
Moparscape is dying because Runescape is dying

It’s not a mopar problem
[/quote]

Yes, But mopar was already dying[/quote]
:palm:
my brain when