Mopar Weekly (#1)

[size=24pt]News (for the week 01/06/2015)[/size]
[size=18pt]Chat Server Upgrades[/size]
Some of you have be aware that recently the IRC server was hit by a string of DDOS attacks. This has been the reason for any downtime/connection issues experienced.
This has led to a host migration and t4 is now responsible for the server. We now have two nodes with one in Europe and one in America which is set to launch soon.

[hr]

[size=18pt]Tutorials/Snippets[/size]

[size=14pt]Clan Chat for Hyperion (by Dan0194)[/size]
Dan recently posted a comprehensive copy+paste style tutorial on how to add fully functional clan chats to the Hyperion base. He covers both the client and server aspects of the feature. All topped off with a video of the final product which looks amazing!

[size=14pt]Item Definitions for Asteria 2.0 (by Fridder)[/size]
This is an awesome contribution which features 20,000+ item definitions for the popular Asteria base, alongside how to implement it.

[hr]

[size=18pt]Client Hacking[/size]

[size=14pt]RuneTek 4 Engine Rewrite (by sini)[/size]
Sini has recently began rewriting the RuneTek 4 engine for use in the offcial private server. Make sure you keep up with his progress!

[hr]

[size=18pt]Downloads[/size]

[size=14pt]RS838 Emulation (by Sir James1996)[/size]
James is back with another emulation of the current RuneScape protocol. Although not complete, it has quite a bit of basic functionality and should serve as a good base for those wanting to dabble in this protocol.

Good to see we’re getting some more posts in the mopar announcement section.
I bet that “ITS FINALLY HERE” shit was misleading to a lot of newcomers.

But why no posts about recent tutorials and etc? That crown pack was posted in 2011.

Nice post, looking forward to more. If you guys have any suggestions for tutorials/downloads to be mentioned I’m sure Pure would love to hear them. :slight_smile:

When we had that other home page crap (I forget the name of it) I liked when John (Flame_) was posting about the recent servers and learning a bit about some of the more “higher up” community members.

Perhaps it could include constant section on the Official server, giving it’s latest patches and updates; to show people it’s active and maybe get some more interest in that… Posting some other ‘trending’ server development topics would give some users extra recognition as well.

nice post, top 10/10 content on the website :slight_smile: good job mate, ur a good admin!!!

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:4, topic:551785”][quote author=Tom link=topic=670699.msg4484799#msg4484799 date=1433271964]
Nice post, looking forward to more. If you guys have any suggestions for tutorials/downloads to be mentioned I’m sure Pure would love to hear them. :slight_smile:
[/quote]
When we had that other home page crap (I forget the name of it) I liked when John (Flame_) was posting about the recent servers and learning a bit about some of the more “higher up” community members.

Perhaps it could include constant section on the Official server, giving it’s latest patches and updates; to show people it’s active and maybe get some more interest in that… Posting some other ‘trending’ server development topics would give some users extra recognition as well.[/quote]I can continue the interviewing of senior members. As tom said make sure you post stuff you want to see in the next weekly update as a reply to this thread and they will be considered. I’ll also talk to sinisoul regarding updates about the server but I doubt consistent progress is made every week on it, it’s exam season after all :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Feel free to brainstorm ideas about what to ask these senior community members, I’ll be sure to get around to it for next weeks update. A proper format will be worked on before a continuation of this series.
i.e. a little about themselves now, what they are known for, what do they do nowadays, how did they find the community, etc

Geat job Pure.! :slight_smile:

This is pretty cool. Well done.

I like this idea. The formatting could use some work though.

[quote=“Davidi2, post:9, topic:551785”]I like this idea. The formatting could use some work though.[/quote]Feel free to make a suggestion, I am in the process of working stuff out after my current stretch of exams. That would mean in about three days. This was more of a test to see if it was worth doing.

gr8 announcement

cool post :-)!

yw for the idea :slight_smile:

[quote=“Pure_, post:6, topic:551785”][quote author=sk8rdude461 link=topic=670699.msg4484800#msg4484800 date=1433272339]

Perhaps it could include constant section on the Official server, giving it’s latest patches and updates; to show people it’s active and maybe get some more interest in that… Posting some other ‘trending’ server development topics would give some users extra recognition as well.
[/quote]I can continue the interviewing of senior members. As tom said make sure you post stuff you want to see in the next weekly update as a reply to this thread and they will be considered. I’ll also talk to sinisoul regarding updates about the server but I doubt consistent progress is made every week on it, it’s exam season after all :stuck_out_tongue:

edit: Feel free to brainstorm ideas about what to ask these senior community members, I’ll be sure to get around to it for next weeks update. A proper format will be worked on before a continuation of this series.
i.e. a little about themselves now, what they are known for, what do they do nowadays, how did they find the community, etc[/quote]

some questions: (None specific, can be done better/etc)

1. What got you into the RSPS scene?

2. What makes you stay here at moparscape?

3. What is your advice to newcomers that don’t know how to program well?

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:14, topic:551785”][quote author=Pure_ link=topic=670699.msg4484802#msg4484802 date=1433272545]

3. What is your advice to newcomers that don’t know how to program well?[/quote]protip none of them stay at moparscape :stuck_out_tongue:
    I don’t suppose anybody knows who was interviewed before so I don’t repeat old ones?

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:14, topic:551785”][quote author=Pure_ link=topic=670699.msg4484802#msg4484802 date=1433272545]

3. What is your advice to newcomers that don’t know how to program well?[/quote]

1). I like rs
2). I like you guys
3). Stop being a bitch and understand its a lot of work

Nice indeed , but it needs more tidying as they said :slight_smile:

[quote=“Pure_, post:15, topic:551785”][quote author=sk8rdude461 link=topic=670699.msg4484874#msg4484874 date=1433350692]

[quote author=Pure_ link=topic=670699.msg4484802#msg4484802 date=1433272545]

3. What is your advice to newcomers that don’t know how to program well?
    [/quote]protip none of them stay at moparscape :stuck_out_tongue:
    I don’t suppose anybody knows who was interviewed before so I don’t repeat old ones?[/quote]
    stay as in log in once in a while xD
    or sit in the irc.

Yeah, I agree with carrying on from what Flame_ began. Was pretty cool.

Could an administrator give Pure access to the Mopar Monthly board that John and I had? I think we had some good information in there, although I haven’t checked it for quite some time.