Mopar Weekly (#2)

[size=24pt]News (for the week 08/06/2015)[/size]

[size=14pt]RS Wiki Cleanup[/size]
We have recently decided to update the official RS wiki by adding Pure_ and sini as admins. Our hope is that sini can contribute his invaluable knowledge in the form of concise articles.
This has also led to a massive purge of spam by Pure_ (somewhere around 1,500 posts were deleted and many accounts blocked permanently). While we will keep up this work we hope that the higher-level management can help us out by implementing spam filters soon!

[hr]

[size=18pt]Tutorials/Snippets[/size]

[size=14pt]Groovy Scripting for Beginners (by Pure_)[/size]
As a part of a new scheme to encourage activity in the tutorial board, Pure_ has taken it upon himself to post and explain some general ideas which can be implemented into any server regardless of revision or language.
This week he decided upon a simple plugin system, with the point of such threads being to encourage discussion about good practices and as such improvements upon the original post.

[hr]

[size=18pt]Game Development[/size]

[size=14pt]Codename::World (by Lin)[/size]
Lin had began his project a couple of months ago to accomplish his dream, of building a sandbox environment where the player is not constrained by the programming.
In recent updates his project has really taken off, prompting this highlight of his amazing project! We are certain of his individual ability as well as his amazing idea and wish him the best, make sure you give him some feedback and keep up with the development!

[hr]

[size=18pt]General Discussion[/size]

[size=14pt]How fast can you type? (by WarTusk-RSPS)[/size]
This thread has really taken off recently with several members chiming in to compete with each other’s typing speeds :stuck_out_tongue: Make sure you try your hand at it and post the results!

[hr]

[size=18pt]Senior Member Feature - Archer[/size]
This is the first in hopefully many senior member features, a series which was masterminded by the old front-page project (now deceased, rip). This week we have managed to get a hold of Archer.

A little about yourself?
I was a graphics designer and posted my work on the MoparScape forums for a long period time. This line of work included modelling and other general art. You can still find my doodles here and there :slight_smile:

How did you find the community?
I joined due to the FreeScape server back in 2006.

What are you known for?
I was a moderator for a while on the forums. My graphics posts also attracted a lot of attention and you can always find me on IRC!

What makes you stay here?
Once you’re in, you can’t leave.

Advice to newcomers trying to become better programmers/artists/etc?
Make sure you aren’t arrogant, it will get you nowhere. Use google before asking anything, it was really helpful for me in picking up the basics and finding solutions to a lot of problems. Last but not least try to use some level of formal english on the forums, we can’t help you if we can’t understand you :stuck_out_tongue:

What do you do nowadays?
I am in University seeking an AA and AS degree in video game development. You can still catch me on IRC talking about my hobbies, which include being a Tae Kwan Doe black-belt and collecting firearms.

Inspiration!
If you stick around, follow the rules and contribute to the community you will gain respect from the veteran members and learn valuable skills that will aid you in your future, on and off the forums.

Great work again Pure_. The only thing I’d change would be to use “Pure_” instead of “I” in your description of your tutorial.

Awesome work!

[quote=“Ambokile, post:2, topic:551885”]Great work again Pure_. The only thing I’d change would be to use “Pure_” instead of “I” in your description of your tutorial.[/quote]I will apply that now, thank you for the suggestion.

Other than that it looks great, keep it up :slight_smile:

I enjoy the senior member feature. We should add some more/better questions

[quote=“asshole_rule, post:6, topic:551885”]I enjoy the senior member feature. We should add some more/better questions[/quote]If you would be kind enough to suggest some I will give them to the next person I interview.

[quote=“Pure_, post:7, topic:551885”][quote author=asshole_rule link=topic=670801.msg4485520#msg4485520 date=1433777943]
I enjoy the senior member feature. We should add some more/better questions
[/quote]If you would be kind enough to suggest some I will give them to the next person I interview.[/quote]
i suggest pure interview pure

Archer your gun looks bent.

This is going along quite nice, good job. :wink:

Thanks so much for featuring my project :slight_smile: The format of this is really good. I look forward to the future articles.

Looks good!

Again, good work, Pure. :slight_smile:

Nice job, this was a nice read. :slight_smile:

best job EVER mate…

This job is pretty good, better than anything I’ve made :slight_smile:

It is amazing cause I am in it.

In your tutorial section, I just noticed "[font=Verdana][size=13px]Pure_ has taken upon myself "[/size][/font]