MoparScape server

What’s the status on it? Is it being developed secretly?

it has been abandoned

secretly

why is it abandoned

secretly

because boomer and blakeman havent kissed and made up

but they have secretly :wink:

Naturally, they haven’t. Secretly or not. Boomer is still working on Enkrona though, and that will be the official mscp server if Mopar decides it doesn’t violate the contract. Blake might not like it, but I don’t think he has any intent to continue supporting the server.

same server, different name.

Is the source code anywhere?

of course not, i do plan on hosting it when it is finished :stuck_out_tongue:
with or without mopar’s sponsorship

unless you’re referring to the osiris emulator.
https://github.com/blakeman8192/osiris

I was under the impression they would be one in the same.

So the only changes you’ve continued to make are game content?

same server, different name.[/quote]

Ah yes, I forgot. :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Lothy, post:9, topic:422050”]I was under the impression they would be one in the same.

So the only changes you’ve continued to make are game content?[/quote]

For the most part, but I have changed some parts.

Which parts? How far along is it anyway? Even Apollo has been released. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can the source code of it (like Moparscape classic) be made public?

[quote=“Rix_, post:12, topic:422050”]Which parts? How far along is it anyway? Even Apollo has been released. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can the source code of it (like Moparscape classic) be made public?[/quote]

Updating, the Action system, lots of content was rewritten.

It’s very close to being done.
I’m putting together the game world atm and polishing it all out.

Yes Apollo has been released, but its an unfinished product.
Also Apollo is a base, not a full fledged server like Paragon. Can’t compare the two.

And no the source won’t be released. This is a server that I have developed and am going to host for players.

The original deal was MITB was going to sponsor the server, and members of the mopar forums would get ingame bonuses.
But since my co-owner chose to leave the project, then fight for ownership in the contractual arrangements, there have been some issues.
I have full rights to use Osiris any way I want, so I’m going to keep developing Paragon and host it.
Whether MITB wants to sponsor it and continue with similar arrangements, that is up to him.

Correct me if I’m wrong, so the Osiris source code released on blakeman8192’s github is the one Mopar paid for and that you’re only developing Paragon for the fun of it?

Correct

I want to continue working on it with Boomer. He hasn’t been willing to do this, and there’s nothing I can do about it. I agreed to leave the project if he’d pay samuraiblood2 $500 (that we promised him) and he still hasn’t paid him. I think he should either pay samuraiblood2 the money he promised (and it’s been close to a year now), or let me back in on the project. My end of the deal was met, but his wasn’t - so why did my end continue to go through? And then why did he say that I “chose” to leave and use this point against me when he and I made a deal that didn’t go through?

We agreed from the beginning that I’d make the server engine/base and maintain it while he would make all of the content. I did this all while he chilled back and waited for it to be his turn to work. Then it came to be his turn to work, and when there was a lot of content to write he expected me to do some of that too. I hate to paint Boomer in bad light, he’s a great programmer and friend, but I don’t know how he can make me look like the bad guy here.

But yeah, Boomer and I are still friends. He just doesn’t want to work with me - and that’s reasonable given the turn of events the last time we worked together. It ended with him doing the majority of the work on Enkrona. I know he’ll take Paragon far, and if he wants me on the team he’ll contact me. As far as MITB is concerned, he could forget about the contract and make Paragon the official server of MoparScape - the contract doesn’t state that he isn’t allowed to make any other server the official server.

I feel like I got shafted. It’s all good though.

[quote=“blakeman8192, post:16, topic:422050”][quote author=Taharok link=topic=524730.msg3820383#msg3820383 date=1321727497]
Naturally, they haven’t. Secretly or not. Boomer is still working on Enkrona though, and that will be the official mscp server if Mopar decides it doesn’t violate the contract. Blake might not like it, but I don’t think he has any intent to continue supporting the server.
[/quote]
I want to continue working on it with Boomer. He hasn’t been willing to do this, and there’s nothing I can do about it. I agreed to leave the project if he’d pay samuraiblood2 $500 (that we promised him) and he still hasn’t paid him. I think he should either pay samuraiblood2 the money he promised (and it’s been close to a year now), or let me back in on the project. My end of the deal was met, but his wasn’t - so why did my end continue to go through? And then why did he say that I “chose” to leave and use this point against me when he and I made a deal that didn’t go through?

We agreed from the beginning that I’d make the server engine/base and maintain it while he would make all of the content. I did this all while he chilled back and waited for it to be his turn to work. Then it came to be his turn to work, and when there was a lot of content to write he expected me to do some of that too. I hate to paint Boomer in bad light, he’s a great programmer and friend, but I don’t know how he can make me look like the bad guy here.

But yeah, Boomer and I are still friends. He just doesn’t want to work with me - and that’s reasonable given the turn of events the last time we worked together. It ended with him doing the majority of the work on Enkrona. I know he’ll take Paragon far, and if he wants me on the team he’ll contact me. As far as MITB is concerned, he could forget about the contract and make Paragon the official server of MoparScape - the contract doesn’t state that he isn’t allowed to make any other server the official server.

I feel like I got shafted. It’s all good though.[/quote]

Merry Christmas…? :confused:

I’m not going to argue it, and you aren’t painting me in a bad light.
Yes indeed you did work on the base for 3 hours as I sat back and discussed it with you.
But then you sat back as I spent hundreds of hours programming content.
You were bored of the project and didn’t want to work anymore.
So I asked you to leave, and you wanted me to buy out your “stock” on the project.

It doesn’t matter, we will both see it the way we want to.

But all this has been discussed in a different thread, don’t need to bring it up again.

[quote=“boomer216, post:8, topic:422050”][quote author=Lothy link=topic=524730.msg3822033#msg3822033 date=1321863768]
Is the source code anywhere?
[/quote]

https://github.com/blakeman8192/osiris[/quote]

I’ve just been perusing the source. You realise that Osiris is licensed under the Affero GPL license right?
You’ve said above that you’ve forked it and called it Paragon. If it does end up being hosted then you’re obliged to release the source code in entirety for any and all features, as per the terms of the license. The only way that can change is if all of the stakeholders (namely you, Blake, and Mopar) agree to a license change.

Blake may not be entitled to anymore money, but both he and Mopar are entitled to enforce the terms of the license. Just thought I’d point that out so that you could avoid any legal troubles.

[quote=“Lothy, post:19, topic:422050”][quote author=boomer216 link=topic=524730.msg3822041#msg3822041 date=1321865585]

https://github.com/blakeman8192/osiris
[/quote]

I’ve just been perusing the source. You realise that Osiris is licensed under the Affero GPL license right?
You’ve said above that you’ve forked it and called it Paragon. If it does end up being hosted then you’re obliged to release the source code in entirety for any and all features, as per the terms of the license. The only way that can change is if all of the stakeholders (namely you, Blake, and Mopar) agree to a license change.

Blake may not be entitled to anymore money, but both he and Mopar are entitled to enforce the terms of the license. Just thought I’d point that out so that you could avoid any legal troubles.[/quote]

Thanks, but in the contract we all agreed to the following:
“Only the developers shall be granted an exception to use the software for their own purposes outside the terms of the aforementioned license, they can not grant this exception to anyone else.”