MoparScape Vet Polls

Now that you are the elite of the community, you get to decide who also deserves that status!

Create new polls who you think should be a MoparScape Vet and let others vote. The result will reflect their position in the community.

They must have at least 50 rep before they can be nominated, and they must be voted in by at least 2:1 votes, not a simple majority. In other words, if someone gets 2 yes votes, and 1 no vote, it is a tie and they are not voted in.

Remember, this is not just about skill though. They must also have a good attitude.

We are trusting you a lot by allowing you to do this, so please take it serious and do not abuse it. If you think someone is rep cheating to try to be nominated, check them out. If they are cheating, don’t nominate them.

Thanks

So essentially there must be 2 yes votes for every 1 no vote, and an extra yes vote on top of that. That’s basically all there is to it for anyone that still hasn’t quite cottoned on. :slight_smile:

Oh, i like the new name for this rank ^_^.

But what about Javac, he’s been in this community a long time, and been a CM aswell for along time, i think he deserves it.

If you think someone should be in here who isn’t, nominate them.

How long do the polls last?

I got pmed, from an old Moparscape CM asking if i could post a poll for them.

Silivon or something like that, but anyway, so we post it only if we feel they would make a good vet?

You can nominate them even if you feel they wouldn’t make a good vet if you wish. Doesn’t make much sense but go for it if you want to.

The polls will last a few days, then they will be deleted.

I like the word ‘vet’ thanks mopar.
In dutch it means ‘fat’ lolz

so your title is moparscape fat lol?

mopar, this is a good idea, it WILL stop the lame spam topics, hopefully and will hopefully show some maturity also.

[quote=“Protosstribe”]Moparisthebest: “If you think someone is rep cheating to try to be nominated, check them out.” - By “check them out” you mean contact an Administrator to do it right? Just making sure, because I don’t think we can do it? Unless we have been added some more power, that is…

Else then that, I really like this change… Thank you! :)[/quote]

I myself, have had proof, screenshots and links sent to me of people rep abusing, i just forward them on to an admin.

So if you have proof, then just forward it on to an admin :slight_smile:

[quote=“Click Here, post:9, topic:114396”]so your title is moparscape fat lol?

mopar, this is a good idea, it WILL stop the lame spam topics, hopefully and will hopefully show some maturity also.[/quote]

Heh, i suppose your sig is mature =\

I think the initial topic needs to be modified. Lately I have seen some vets voted in on a “yes is greater than no” basis, instead of based on the 2:1 ratio. :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re probably right; I’ve been upgrading people that have an overwhelming difference between yes and no votes (usually at least a different of 8 - 10 I think), but not necessarily 2 yes votes for every no vote.

Two years later…

Now that we can’t see who is a vet and who isn’t, how can we prevent putting someone up for nomination that already is one?

I have a list of all moparscape cms from the time of the removal of the visible rank.

I can post it here if need be.

Yes, that’d be handy.