Nether portals driving me crazy (White list server)

so i currently live underground, and about 250 blocks away is a ocean monument which i raided and killed the elder guardians and plan on making it my new home. I dry out a room with sponges and set up a nether portal so i can easily clean up the monument and have a easy line to get my supplies. I set it up, light it, mark the coordinates so i can make it in the nether too, jump in, and it takes me to my original houses nether portal in the nether (to be expected) so i divide x and z by 8 the usual, and make the new portal for the monument in the nether and enter it, and im sent into some random cave like 100 blocks away from the portal i made in the monument with a newly generated portal that for whatever reason it took me to instead, so i break it, flood the cave, go into the ocean monument again, enter the portal in the overworld again and it sends me to the one i made for it in the nether like it should, but when i go back to the overworld through that same portal, it sends me to a newly generated portal every time, i smash the portals, block them off, and try again and it even goes to the lengths of sending me into the air rather than linking to the portal in the ocean monument, why is this happening?! Someone please help me out

Since 1.8 the portal’s Y coordinate in the nether is taken into account. Lower it in the nether to properly link it up

[quote=“Fuscate, post:2, topic:552364”]Since 1.8 the portal’s Y coordinate in the nether is taken into account. Lower it in the nether to properly link it up[/quote]is it just the same y coordinate as the overworld portal?

[quote=“drubrkletern, post:3, topic:552364”][quote author=Fuscate link=topic=671283.msg4489453#msg4489453 date=1436615356]
Since 1.8 the portal’s Y coordinate in the nether is taken into account. Lower it in the nether to properly link it up
[/quote]is it just the same y coordinate as the overworld portal?[/quote]

Not too sure I didn’t really have any problems with my portals unlinking after the update so try lowering it until it properly links.

fair enough ill try soon