Official Server first open alpha this Saturday! [Over]

[quote=“tL, post:20, topic:549052”]Am I allowed to cheat?[/quote]Depends on what you mean by cheat. I know silabsoft is going to be using her client and others probably too to try and find packet checking we missed, and during alpha I encourage people to try those and report what they find, even if it ends up crashing the server or whatever.

As for the stance on macroing/botting/autoclicking, etc, we have yet to come up with an official stance on how we view it. Don’t expect to get punished or anything for it in alpha, but I will need to talk to MITB and have a community discussion about it once we move on towards permanent characters.

[quote=“Davidi2, post:21, topic:549052”][quote author=tL link=topic=667961.msg4467314#msg4467314 date=1420908632]
Am I allowed to cheat?
[/quote]Depends on what you mean by cheat. I know silabsoft is going to be using her client and others probably too to try and find packet checking we missed, and during alpha I encourage people to try those and report what they find, even if it ends up crashing the server or whatever.

As for the stance on macroing/botting/autoclicking, etc, we have yet to come up with an official stance on how we view it. Don’t expect to get punished or anything for it in alpha, but I will need to talk to MITB and have a community discussion about it once we move on towards permanent characters.[/quote]
If there’s going to be highscores, you can’t allow botting. It’s as simple as that. Also if you want players to feel like they achieved something by getting 99 or whatever you can’t allow botting. Botting would just remove the feeling of achievement for regular players, and would ruin the competitiveness of players.

I agree, but this is a cheating site and there may be something else that MITB wants to do for people that bot. For example, instead of banning people caught botting we might just remove them from highscores and not let them equip skillcapes. Or have a tag on the highscores showing they have been caught macroing, and in game, etc. We’ll see.

And what about the resources those botters would bring into the game?

I don’t know, like I said it hasn’t been discussed yet.

An idea could be to have an option when players first join to create either a legit account or botting account. If they choose the bot setting, they wouldn’t be able to trade or interact with other players, much like ironman mode. The only downside I can see to that though is that it makes botting a bit pointless in the end.

As you said, I can see people just selecting the normal account and botting on that. There’s no real benefit from a botting account if you can’t do anything other than bot with it.

I really hope DavidI2 isn’t running this like he did project rs06 or w/e, otherwise ur all gonna have a bad time

[quote=“Davidi2, post:21, topic:549052”][quote author=tL link=topic=667961.msg4467314#msg4467314 date=1420908632]
Am I allowed to cheat?
[/quote]
As for the stance on macroing/botting/autoclicking, etc, we have yet to come up with an official stance on how we view it. Don’t expect to get punished or anything for it in alpha, but I will need to talk to MITB and have a community discussion about it once we move on towards permanent characters.[/quote]
If Moparisthebest is anything like he used to be then the rule will be ‘don’t get caught botting’, not ‘don’t bot’. The onus will be on the developers to catch botters (and on the cheaters to get away with it). :stuck_out_tongue:

Alpha info here!

https://www.moparisthebest.com/smf/index.php/topic,667993.0.html

(Online)

Can’t login. You should have a thread in the board stating the online status of the server.

[quote=“marcbob, post:31, topic:549052”]Can’t login. You should have a thread in the board stating the online status of the server.[/quote]server is online, try using the other client. I keep switching back and forth between the webclient and the downloadable client and I can connect just fine.

[quote=“Travas, post:32, topic:549052”][quote author=marcbob link=topic=667961.msg4467359#msg4467359 date=1420929746]
Can’t login. You should have a thread in the board stating the online status of the server.
[/quote]server is online, try using the other client. I keep switching back and forth between the webclient and the downloadable client and I can connect just fine.[/quote]
Can you send me the client? I can’t connect to the site to even get the downloadable, or play the webclient.