Project Pooeybum [Runesource][Completed]

Hello and welcome to Project Pooeybum based off of Runesource.

My aim in this project is to create a source, to be released, which will be easy to use and have fully functioning combat (the bit people are scared of having to write themselves). So far I have had what I consider to be great progress. There are bugs, lots of them. Hopefully not too many in my combat system, but as for the rest of the source I find myself stumbling into one every few minutes. (I do fix them :P)

So to summarise:

What I have done:
Fix quite a few bugs
Add an entity based combat system
Added most of the combat related spells (just gotta get off my ass to add the rest)
Ranging with everything except throwing knives working
Added the interfaces for weapons
Loaded item bonuses via an xml file.
Actually, I loaded quite a lot of additional stuff via xml.
Learnt that people who write good combat systems deserve a pat on the back.

I hate all this business of writing all your goals and then colouring them all red (who cares what you intend to do but haven’t yet done)

Anyway, here is a video to show that I mean business:

ALSO! If anyone knows the emote for casting slayer darts’ id… I will be very happy.

UPDATES:
As of yesterday I added a special attack system and so far have the dragon dagger and the whip working. I used the old whip effect instead of the new one (you either hit nothing or your max hit)
Weapons with the suffix ‘§’, ‘(p+)’ or ‘(p++)’ all now do poison damage at the correct amounts.
Ancient spells have now all been added including area effects and poison effects. The health drain and attack draining effects have not been added yet. End graphics all are at the right heights now (unlike in the video).

As I am releasing this for /YOUR/ use I would really appreciate your input as to what you would like to see. (Obviously leave anything too interesting for you to do yourself :))

I think the entire development may be broken as the source no longer works with any client unless I remove NPC loading and I have no clue as to why.

Note on the above: I got a client to work again but that is the last time I even attempt to compile the client, yet alone try and get prayer head icons. Clients just hate me.

[size=10pt]IN REGARDS TO THE NAME: [/size] This is the internet. What did you actually expect? This place has the maturity of a toddler and a dick to prove it. I think you fellas need to stop judging a book by its cover. It’s not like the name means shit anyway, it is going to be released straight away. I repeat, IT IS NEVER GOING TO BE HOSTED BY ME, WITH THIS NAME.

The first prototype has been released!
http://www.moparisthebest.com/smf/index.php/topic,541803.0.html

Note on the development: As far as I am concerned I have achieved my goal with this. I have released a copy of Runesource that has fully functioning combat and I feel the rest is up to you. I’ll be moving onto developing my own server from this now. :slight_smile: Goodluck,

The name is not good.

The name shouldn’t really be a factor at all. Surely it is about the contents rather than the wrapping paper. I’m never going to host it, so who cares about the name?

When did the Whip’s ever have that special effect?

Anyways, great progress. Once you’ve added some content onto this do some stress tests using blakes tester. I’d love to see if runesource maintains a 35ms cycle with all this additional content implemented.

I would support it if the name weren’t so pathetic and immature. I love RuneSource, but surely you could come up with a better name than that, with NO effort.

Your not hosting this? Oh, then nice job!

I’m keeping the name just because I think ‘supporting’ things purely by saying you support them is pathetic and immature. Oh, and I’m immature and want to piss you off.

[quote=“Skiire, post:4, topic:438733”][quote author=BorigTheDwarf link=topic=541440.msg3966322#msg3966322 date=1333747166]
I used the old whip effect instead of the new one (you either hit nothing or your max hit)
[/quote]

When did the Whip’s ever have that special effect?

Anyways, great progress. Once you’ve added some content onto this do some stress tests using blakes tester. I’d love to see if runesource maintains a 35ms cycle with all this additional content implemented.[/quote]

I think it was when the whip first came out, supposedly it caused a glitch on the real Runescape though so they had to remove it. (It wont cause a glitch in mine obviously as it is written differently.)

As for content, I’d prefer to leave it as blank as possible for now. Maybe when I release the source (Essentially just Runesource with a functioning combat system) I’ll think of creating my own server based off of it. If so, I’ll do a stress test then. I think it should be ok because as long as your aren’t actually fighting someone it is just a single line in process. Everything else is handled with the ticks system.

I got access to my account! Hooray!

[quote=“BorigTheDwarf, post:7, topic:438733”][quote author=eyeownyew link=topic=541440.msg3966412#msg3966412 date=1333753163]
I would support it if the name weren’t so pathetic and immature. I love RuneSource, but surely you could come up with a better name than that, with NO effort.
[/quote]

I’m keeping the name just because I think ‘supporting’ things purely by saying you support them is pathetic and immature. Oh, and I’m immature and want to piss you off.[/quote]
Aw. How cuuute :3
Don’t feed the baby troll

good luck

You have the wrong emote for the wave spell, just sayin. Other than that its okay i guess.

Did your 8 year old brother come up with the name?

Thanks.

What is the correct one? I haven’t played Runescape in a long time and as all the Runescape wiki pages are now in the graphic updates it is hard for me to get the right ones.

Yes, it was what he screamed while he fucked your mother in the ass.

I’m thinking I’ll release the first prototype today. See if people will use what it currently is. If so I might start working on something based off of it otherwise I’ll keep up this development until the masses are happy.

I have no idea what id number it is, but its the emote that looks like you clap your hands together and push kind of lol.

Isn’t that what it currently is?

We’re not insulting the name because you’re uniquely immature. We’re insulting the name because you are immature, regardless of how others act. We insult all immaturity.

Awww bubba. So you profess to have this immense immaturity? Why then do you get so hot and bothered over “Pooeybum”. Either you’re anally retentive or you’re desperately trying to impress on others that you are oh so mature.

[quote=“BorigTheDwarf, post:18, topic:438733”][quote author=eyeownyew link=topic=541440.msg3969422#msg3969422 date=1334017342]
We’re not insulting the name because you’re uniquely immature. We’re insulting the name because you are immature, regardless of how others act. We insult all immaturity.
[/quote]

Awww bubba. So you profess to have this immense immaturity? Why then do you get so hot and bothered over “Pooeybum”. Either you’re anally retentive or you’re desperately trying to impress on others that you are oh so mature.[/quote]
Yes, definitely, because the only possible reason for acting mature would be for others’ benefit.
No, false. I don’t act immature because I find immature people annoying. Grow up already.

[quote=“eyeownyew, post:19, topic:438733”][quote author=BorigTheDwarf link=topic=541440.msg3969444#msg3969444 date=1334018321]

Awww bubba. So you profess to have this immense immaturity? Why then do you get so hot and bothered over “Pooeybum”. Either you’re anally retentive or you’re desperately trying to impress on others that you are oh so mature.
[/quote]
Yes, definitely, because the only possible reason for acting mature would be for others’ benefit.
No, false. I don’t act immature because I find immature people annoying. Grow up already.[/quote]

I don’t see anything in the slightest that is mature about what you are doing right now.