Project Pooeybum [Runesource][Completed]

Isn’t that what it currently is?

We’re not insulting the name because you’re uniquely immature. We’re insulting the name because you are immature, regardless of how others act. We insult all immaturity.

Awww bubba. So you profess to have this immense immaturity? Why then do you get so hot and bothered over “Pooeybum”. Either you’re anally retentive or you’re desperately trying to impress on others that you are oh so mature.

[quote=“BorigTheDwarf, post:18, topic:438733”][quote author=eyeownyew link=topic=541440.msg3969422#msg3969422 date=1334017342]
We’re not insulting the name because you’re uniquely immature. We’re insulting the name because you are immature, regardless of how others act. We insult all immaturity.
[/quote]

Awww bubba. So you profess to have this immense immaturity? Why then do you get so hot and bothered over “Pooeybum”. Either you’re anally retentive or you’re desperately trying to impress on others that you are oh so mature.[/quote]
Yes, definitely, because the only possible reason for acting mature would be for others’ benefit.
No, false. I don’t act immature because I find immature people annoying. Grow up already.

[quote=“eyeownyew, post:19, topic:438733”][quote author=BorigTheDwarf link=topic=541440.msg3969444#msg3969444 date=1334018321]

Awww bubba. So you profess to have this immense immaturity? Why then do you get so hot and bothered over “Pooeybum”. Either you’re anally retentive or you’re desperately trying to impress on others that you are oh so mature.
[/quote]
Yes, definitely, because the only possible reason for acting mature would be for others’ benefit.
No, false. I don’t act immature because I find immature people annoying. Grow up already.[/quote]

I don’t see anything in the slightest that is mature about what you are doing right now.

[quote=“BorigTheDwarf, post:20, topic:438733”][quote author=eyeownyew link=topic=541440.msg3969501#msg3969501 date=1334021064]

No, false. I don’t act immature because I find immature people annoying. Grow up already.
[/quote]

I don’t see anything in the slightest that is mature about what you are doing right now.[/quote]
Nor do I see anything you are doing that is immature. If you wish to insult me, fair enough, but I only accept insults from credible sources.

Lol’d at the continuous negative responses about the name, I’m sure he’s gotten the message by now, you don’t need to pipe in with your two-cents people. A statement only needs to be said once, if said effectively.

OT: I’m curious about the development. This was the only project I was interested in… What’s your game-plan since you’ve released this?

[size=1pt](Consider this a bump as well.)[/size]

[quote=“Skiire, post:22, topic:438733”]Lol’d at the continuous negative responses about the name, I’m sure he’s gotten the message by now, you don’t need to pipe in with your two-cents people. A statement only needs to be said once, if said effectively.

OT: I’m curious about the development. This was the only project I was interested in… What’s your game-plan since you’ve released this?

[size=1pt](Consider this a bump as well.)[/size][/quote]

I’m going to keep going until people are happy to use it. The current release doesn’t seem to be quiet beating Project Insanity :wink: so I guess I have to keep trying. Any suggestions on what I should add?

At the same time I was considering using what I have now as a base for a true role playing server. One that is heavily quest oriented, possibly with an actual story line. I would also be considering a complete overhaul of skills system, maybe introducing some kind of leveling up method to remove some of the grind of traditional Runescape.

[quote=“BorigTheDwarf, post:23, topic:438733”][quote author=Skiire link=topic=541440.msg3970571#msg3970571 date=1334101716]
Lol’d at the continuous negative responses about the name, I’m sure he’s gotten the message by now, you don’t need to pipe in with your two-cents people. A statement only needs to be said once, if said effectively.

[size=1pt](Consider this a bump as well.)[/size]
[/quote]

I’m going to keep going until people are happy to use it. The current release doesn’t seem to be quiet beating Project Insanity :wink: so I guess I have to keep trying. Any suggestions on what I should add?

At the same time I was considering using what I have now as a base for a true role playing server. One that is heavily quest oriented, possibly with an actual story line. I would also be considering a complete overhaul of skills system, maybe introducing some kind of leveling up method to remove some of the grind of traditional Runescape.[/quote]
add the boring stuff lol,
using your prototype now to get some feeling with runesource but it doesn’t have enough content yet to really build a server on it, for most people including me without experience with runesource.

One thing what bothered me a bit is the hitsplats delay, they only appear like a second after the hit

[quote=“RandQm, post:24, topic:438733”][quote author=BorigTheDwarf link=topic=541440.msg3972061#msg3972061 date=1334262456]

At the same time I was considering using what I have now as a base for a true role playing server. One that is heavily quest oriented, possibly with an actual story line. I would also be considering a complete overhaul of skills system, maybe introducing some kind of leveling up method to remove some of the grind of traditional Runescape.
[/quote]
using your prototype now to get some feeling with runesource but it doesn’t have enough content yet to really build a server on it, for most people including me without experience with runesource.

One thing what bothered me a bit is the hitsplats delay, they only appear like a second after the hit[/quote]

That’s because I wrote everything using the ticks system. I have never written combat before and haven’t played Runescape in years so I was actually just guessing as to how it worked for a lot of it. :stuck_out_tongue: As the server runs on a cycle of 600ms I don’t know how I would be able to make anything happen quicker than 600ms.

[quote=“BorigTheDwarf, post:25, topic:438733”][quote author=RandQm link=topic=541440.msg3972235#msg3972235 date=1334271666]

One thing what bothered me a bit is the hitsplats delay, they only appear like a second after the hit
[/quote]

That’s because I wrote everything using the ticks system. I have never written combat before and haven’t played Runescape in years so I was actually just guessing as to how it worked for a lot of it. :stuck_out_tongue: As the server runs on a cycle of 600ms I don’t know how I would be able to make anything happen quicker than 600ms.[/quote]
write out the splat the same moment as the hit occurs? without putting a tick for it

The time when the damage is done is when the hit connects. Getting the hit to occur in time with the animation doesn’t really work. I tried my best but yeah.

what about a double tick?
instead of tick(1) //600ms
tick((double)0.001)) //0.6ms

The server only cycles at 600ms though… Things can only happen at 600ms. I suppose if you tried something similar to the delta cycle time system but I think if you do that and the thing takes more than 600ms the server might complain as it can only do one task at a time. (this is all me speculating and the best way to find out is to try)

Well you could make the task system use both the cycle rate and then also have it execute tasks at a different rate.

How do i contact you? like skype! please answer back!

Not sure if Stonefall is different(supposedly is runesource too) but you could check it out too…

[quote=“latifundio, post:32, topic:438733”]Not sure if Stonefall is different(supposedly is runesource too) but you could check it out too…

[quote author=Wintercanon link=topic=481040.msg3522323#msg3522323 date=1299488743]
Basic event handling system - Actions can be delayed or repeated using a simple threaded event handler. Can fire events in multiples of ticks, seconds, minutes and hours.
[/quote][/quote]

Thank you, I will look into it. But to be completely honest I am happy with it as it is. Runescape runs entirely on 600ms as far as I know so I don’t see why I should change it for this. But then, it is up to you the user to tell me what to add so I guess I’ll give it a shot when I get home :slight_smile:

Why do you wish to contact me?

[quote=“BorigTheDwarf, post:33, topic:438733”][quote author=latifundio link=topic=541440.msg3973597#msg3973597 date=1334415975]
Not sure if Stonefall is different(supposedly is runesource too) but you could check it out too…

[/quote]

Thank you, I will look into it. But to be completely honest I am happy with it as it is. Runescape runs entirely on 600ms as far as I know so I don’t see why I should change it for this. But then, it is up to you the user to tell me what to add so I guess I’ll give it a shot when I get home :)[/quote]
Goodluck with this. I wouldn’t bother looking at stonefall, all it does is run events/ the server tick off of a scheduled executor service.

[quote=“Advocatus, post:34, topic:438733”][quote author=BorigTheDwarf link=topic=541440.msg3974276#msg3974276 date=1334472332]

Thank you, I will look into it. But to be completely honest I am happy with it as it is. Runescape runs entirely on 600ms as far as I know so I don’t see why I should change it for this. But then, it is up to you the user to tell me what to add so I guess I’ll give it a shot when I get home :slight_smile:
[/quote]
Goodluck with this. I wouldn’t bother looking at stonefall, all it does is run events/ the server tick off of a scheduled executor service.[/quote]

Runescape runs entirely on a 600ms tick. So I must assume I have done it the right way, unless, you are exclusively referring to the magic hit splats in which case you can change the speed of the gfx and therefore make it match more closely to the hitsplat.