[RESOLVED - ACCEPTED] PM space ++

gr8 suggestion++ even though i dont want to delete alot of my messages because I want to keep them but i do anyways this is my inbox 24/7 after deleting a shitton anyways

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:19, topic:545311”][quote author=Davidi2 link=topic=664192.msg4440151#msg4440151 date=1406318584]

It was ignored, actually.
Explain to me what is so bad about adding more characters to our signatures? I have 1 quote and 1 link. That takes up almost all the characters, and the link has been shortened with goo.gl to make it actually fit.

I’m actually on neither side of the pm space. I can deal with what I got.[/quote]It wasnt ignored because I remember the discussion about it (so maybe someone else had it and nobody replied to yours because it was already discussed), I think the idea was that bbc code wouldn’t count as part of the count.

As for this actual topic, I don’t see why it cant be increased.

[quote=“Ashi, post:3, topic:545311”]Popular people like you that get 100 messages use a lot of disk space. Can we save mitb money and use a proper social network for your off board discussions?[/quote]uwot? xD save mitb money? Hahaha, I know webhosts that are less than $1.00/mo that have unlimited hard drive space, which 100kb space via private messages wouldn’t cost them a single penny. I have no idea which web hosts you’ve used in the past, but I recommend you never use them again.

[quote=“Uncalled, post:23, topic:545311”][quote author=Ashi link=topic=664192.msg4439882#msg4439882 date=1406217368]
Popular people like you that get 100 messages use a lot of disk space. Can we save mitb money and use a proper social network for your off board discussions?
[/quote]uwot? xD save mitb money? Hahaha, I know webhosts that are less than $1.00/mo that have unlimited hard drive space, which 100kb space via private messages wouldn’t cost them a single penny. I have no idea which web hosts you’ve used in the past, but I recommend you never use them again.[/quote]
I didn’t know mitb used a budget reseller??

[quote=“Ashi, post:24, topic:545311”][quote author=Uncalled link=topic=664192.msg4440240#msg4440240 date=1406359374]

I didn’t know mitb used a budget reseller??[/quote]I was drunk at the time of posting that - no, it would be a safe assumption that he does not.

[quote=“Ashi, post:24, topic:545311”][quote author=Uncalled link=topic=664192.msg4440240#msg4440240 date=1406359374]

I didn’t know mitb used a budget reseller??[/quote]

Woooooosh

Everyone who has at least 1,000 posts now have 150 extra spaces.

its beautiful

thank you tom

I don’t see why you need to give out more space. The thing with space is that you give it out and people find a reason to fill it and horde things anyway.

Case in point: My workplace’s network drive which contains our profiles/documents/etc.
Recently went from 452GB to 482GB or so. It has been fluctuating but at one point within a week 20GB of that new space was used. The point? If you provide then people will keep their crap around instead of feeling that it should be deleted.
People need to learn to triage their content given space restrictions. Unless there’s a genuine need for someone to have a larger inbox (protip: there probably isn’t on this website) then you shouldn’t worry about increasing it.

[quote=“Lothy, post:30, topic:545311”]I don’t see why you need to give out more space. The thing with space is that you give it out and people find a reason to fill it and horde things anyway.

Case in point: My workplace’s network drive which contains our profiles/documents/etc.
Recently went from 452GB to 482GB or so. It has been fluctuating but at one point within a week 20GB of that new space was used. The point? If you provide then people will keep their crap around instead of feeling that it should be deleted.
People need to learn to triage their content given space restrictions. Unless there’s a genuine need for someone to have a larger inbox (protip: there probably isn’t on this website) then you shouldn’t worry about increasing it.[/quote]

If there’s the possibility to give out more space, why not do it?

Because it becomes a cycle where you provide more and people use more and want more.

There won’t be room for a vicious cycle, the number isn’t changing past this point. Period.

Solved.