Shaded hand drawing

Drew a realistic hand for class using shading techniques to make it look real. It is holding a clearomizer from my ecig but I had like 5 min to draw that so it is shit but spent a lot of time on the hand and came out nice.

oh god dat finger nail…

Lool. OT the only prob is thumb nail.

It looks awesome, just try and focus on the values and blending. You can see the lines, and shading but they don’t really go together. Other than that is looks sick

Not bad, but try to go darker in your shadings. Now you only have a grey hand with some darker parts. Use white, black and grey.

Rather then focusing on the shading, try work on your proportions. The main issues with hand drawings is that they are disproportionate and it makes it look cartoony.

Yeah, this pretty much sums it up, however, this will always be better than what I will be able to EVER do! LOL. It looks awesome, great job.

Thanks. Heres an eye I drew.

Fantastic again! The only thing I saw was the like eyelash on the right side where it’s like sticking inwards into the eye, or however you’d call it rofl. :stuck_out_tongue:

Yeah I know what you mean it bugs me too. Could have drawn those darker and extend longer to not blend with shading so much.

I had to look at my hand to double check but don’t we have 5 fingers <_<

When your hand is positioned like that the pinky is hidden hence the shadow where it would be.

[quote=“Archer, post:9, topic:550865”]Thanks. Heres an eye I drew.

[/quote]
Aye that’s an amazing eye

[quote=“Archer, post:13, topic:550865”]When your hand is positioned like that the pinky is hidden hence the shadow where it would be.[/quote]Yes, however I only see four knuckles as well. Also, the joints look a little whacky. Other than that, and the already said thumb Niall, the hand looks quite good.

Yeah I just realized the left of the hand is cut off a lil which would helps see the knuckle but still thanks.

I wish i could draw
Can’t get further then a circle xD

Lol well takes practice and patience.

[quote=“Uncalled, post:15, topic:550865”]and the already said thumb Niall[/quote]lol he said ‘thumb Niall’ nonchalantly.

As for being on topic - yeah. I’m in the same boat as everyone else. I hate the thumb nail. Apart from the stated, it looks nice. I can’t draw like that, or even remotely close, hands have always given me the most trouble in drawing, actually. So, I can’t give legitimate critique without sounding ignorant.