The Bible [Thoughts and Perspectives]

Then why have a bible?

[quote=“Cole1497, post:21, topic:478979”][quote author=Kidpaparoach link=topic=597196.msg4205649#msg4205649 date=1358895344]
@Cole, you do get Christians who don’t necessarly follow the Bibles preachings but they are a Christian.
[/quote]
Then why have a bible?[/quote]
Don’t ask me, I know lots of people who are like that (they’re not necasarly Christian). Actually I’d say it’s hard to follow a person who fully follows the Bible intentionally.

[quote=“Kidpaparoach, post:22, topic:478979”][quote author=Cole1497 link=topic=597196.msg4205654#msg4205654 date=1358895827]

Then why have a bible?
[/quote]
Don’t ask me, I know lots of people who are like that (they’re not necasarly Christian). Actually I’d say it’s hard to follow a person who fully follows the Bible intentionally.[/quote]
You don’t find anyone following the bible because it preaches so much insanity.

[quote=“Bowser jr, post:23, topic:478979”][quote author=Kidpaparoach link=topic=597196.msg4205656#msg4205656 date=1358895982]

Don’t ask me, I know lots of people who are like that (they’re not necasarly Christian). Actually I’d say it’s hard to follow a person who fully follows the Bible intentionally.
[/quote]
You don’t find anyone following the bible because it preaches so much insanity.[/quote]
Define insanity, sanity to one person is insanity to another. But in all seriousness to me and you it may seem insane but their are people in the world who believe it isn’t. Also, the Bible generally speaking doesn’t fit into our modern day lives.

[quote=“Kidpaparoach, post:22, topic:478979”][quote author=Cole1497 link=topic=597196.msg4205654#msg4205654 date=1358895827]

Then why have a bible?
[/quote]
Don’t ask me, I know lots of people who are like that (they’re not necasarly Christian). Actually I’d say it’s hard to follow a person who fully follows the Bible intentionally.[/quote]
In the Bible Jesus says that the old book is still law, and not to ignore it. I don’t get how you can be a Christian but not follow the bible. You can’t like Coke but hate soda. The bible is the very foundation of Christianity.

[quote=“Cole1497, post:25, topic:478979”][quote author=Kidpaparoach link=topic=597196.msg4205656#msg4205656 date=1358895982]

[/quote]
In the Bible Jesus says that the old book is still law, and not to ignore it. I don’t get how you can be a Christian but not follow the bible. You can’t like Coke but hate soda. The bible is the very foundation of Christianity.[/quote]
Tell people it’s fashion and they’ll start liking it. Tell a child a cup of random herbs is pot and they’ll believe its pot, tell a kid their christian they’ll believe their christian for the rest of their life. Of course things change and they can convert etc but you get the point of what I said.

People can like coke and hate soda, lmao?

[quote=“Cole1497, post:21, topic:478979”][quote author=Kidpaparoach link=topic=597196.msg4205649#msg4205649 date=1358895344]
@Cole, you do get Christians who don’t necessarly follow the Bibles preachings but they are a Christian.
[/quote]
Then why have a bible?[/quote]

Christians will always beat around the bush when you post verses that don’t conincide with their principles. (not talking about Kidpaparoach)

And I’m not too big on being politically correct either. I think the bible is WACK, and in this sort of topic there is almost no room for intellectual debate. All anyone can do is put their 2 cents in.

Aka people who fear it but still don’t really care

Well… I don’t give a shit what people think of me… but here is a picture.

http://imgur.com/eDebOsI

That is the entire conversation. I didn’t cut anything out. Look how they can’t answer my question. Disproved what they said :smiley: I WIN!

I stopped reading at “Christianity isn’t a religion - It’s a relationship with Jesus Christ”

Going to a building every sunday, giving tithes, saying prayers in hopes of a good outcome, reciting religious scripture, and the fact that the whole thing is centered around a deity is what makes it a religion. I hate when people use the “personal relationship” card to separate themselves from other religions.

[quote=“Cole1497, post:31, topic:478979”]I stopped reading at “Christianity isn’t a religion - It’s a relationship with Jesus Christ”

Going to a building every sunday, giving tithes, saying prayers in hopes of a good outcome, reciting religious scripture, and the fact that the whole thing is centered around a deity is what makes it a religion. I hate when people use the “personal relationship” card to separate themselves from other religions.[/quote]

No go on, I proved her wrong with her own book.

I skimmed some of the rest, and her final response was pretty expected. I wouldn’t say it’s because she didn’t have a response (though she very well might not have), but she might have got bored with the conversation and decided to end it at that, or wanted to meet you in person to better explain herself. I find it hard sometimes to convey my thoughts through Facebook, so I can see it being easier, especially with a topic like this, to speak in person.

Her mom had to take over…

Most people take anything that makes them look good and ignoring the rest…

i hate fussing with my friends about christianity because they are so fucking ignorant its hard to have a real debate

me: prove gods existence

them: with god anything is possible

my life; i was raised a christian, but over the years ive gained my fair share of doubts and hardly believe in god anymore

My theory when I was younger is that it was some hobo who wanted money and wrote it for money. Later I heard some little squeaker found the bible in some cave why playing with a rock. Then later I heard that there has been proof found of the Arc. None of its proved, its bullshit. The title clearly states thoughts and perspectives. My thought its its completely stupid and made up, and my perspective is we were made by luck. By the power of the universe. It has been proven they we’re made of star dust. To argue other wise is stupid. So suck one of those apples Adam ate in that garden of tranquility or whatever that shit was called.

[quote=“Tutorial, post:20, topic:478979”][quote author=Kidpaparoach link=topic=597196.msg4205649#msg4205649 date=1358895344]
[/quote]
The belief in Christianity is that you accept Jesus as your savior. It doesn’t state that someone has to read the bible or even go to church for that matter.[/quote]
I don’t like that however. You should worship your Lord and do it actively. Like how Muslims pray to God 5 times a day whereas it’s not even mandatory to worship God in Christianity.

[quote=“arham 4, post:38, topic:478979”][quote author=Tutorial link=topic=597196.msg4205653#msg4205653 date=1358895753]

The belief in Christianity is that you accept Jesus as your savior. It doesn’t state that someone has to read the bible or even go to church for that matter.
[/quote]
I don’t like that however. You should worship your Lord and do it actively. Like how Muslims pray to God 5 times a day whereas it’s not even mandatory to worship God in Christianity.[/quote]

bs

[quote=“Rodgerwilco, post:39, topic:478979”][quote author=arham 4 link=topic=597196.msg4206589#msg4206589 date=1358999255]

I don’t like that however. You should worship your Lord and do it actively. Like how Muslims pray to God 5 times a day whereas it’s not even mandatory to worship God in Christianity.
[/quote]

bs[/quote]
I can tell you so much more things I don’t like. Such as how they CHANGED THEIR BIBLE from the original proclamation to the new one.

Previous:

Though shall not eat swine (pork) meat.

New:
Nothing, it was removed lol.