The Bible [Thoughts and Perspectives]

How do you think it was all writen, and do you believe in it? I, personally, think it to be a book of myths and legends used to scare people. I mean, back in the day (BC-AD 1800 or so) wouldn’t people have recognized that there’s no way to catch them for any crimes they commit, nor any punishment? Wouldn’t a Bible technically be the perfect way to trick people into thinking theres an all powerful camera in the sky always watching and ready to punish you? I think it was made by a few good men with a few good intentions to convince people to go along with morals and law-abiding-ness. I don’t think anything in it is real or true, more like fairy tails told to kids to keep them away from strangers, but on a much larger scale. Also, as technology and ways to find people for commiting crimes has improved, people have relied less on the Bible and the Catholic church has said that many of the Bible stories are “Myths with Meaning”. I think it was a primitive version of, as I stated before, security cameras and law.

back then life was so shitty that if people knew there wasn’t anything stopping them from going apeshit they would and the kings wouldn’t be living the high life anymore

so they created a deity to answer questions about life and promote good morals

I believe that you’re right Frell, it was created simply to make people think about their actions and is now losing power due to the fact that we know “good people = better standard of life for all” so we enforce it ourselves.

I’m not going to speculate how or who it was written by. But all you have to do is pick any page, and it’s so blatantly obvious why it was made.

slaves for example. It tells slaves no matter how much unjust they face, it will be made up for in heaven. Those who are last, will be first in heaven. This is just one example, pick any page at all and it’s pretty obvious.

It’s just one big solution to the madness of the world. All you have to do is “believe”

false hopes to get the unfortunate to shut the hell up

You should word your opinions carefully as people don’t like being told their beliefs are wrong for a very understandable reason. I.e. Frells first post is a statement, he doesn’t state it’s his belief etc. That type of thing causes arguments that aren’t necessary.

Why should I state it’s my belief?

The side closer to fact shouldn’t need a disclaimer

In this day and age, the unfortunate and the brainwashed use religion as a crutch IMO.

Political correctness (adjectivally, politically correct; both forms commonly abbreviated to PC) is a term which denotes language, ideas, policies, and behavior seen as seeking to minimize social and institutional offense in occupational, gender, racial, cultural, sexual orientation, certain other religions, beliefs or ideologies, disability, and age-related contexts, and, as purported by the term, doing so to an excessive extent.

AKA so your not causing offence. You may indeed be correct but that does not mean you should claim it especially when a huge percentage of people in the world today are religious and will argue that your wrong = that’s how an argument starts.

And in seeking “political correctness” in a time of darkness, religion was born.

There is no arguing, they’re trying to defend something that they’ve lived all their life thinking is true. I understand that.

There’s so many contradictions surrounding religion nowadays I’m amazed people still follow it.

If there is a god then he can’t blame me. So many religions out there that say the others are wrong and you’ll go to hell for not believing. Getting into heaven is a gamble.

That doesn’t make sense (to me at-least) and seems misinformed.

[quote=“Frell, post:11, topic:478979”]There is no arguing, they’re trying to defend something that they’ve lived all their life thinking is true. I understand that.

There’s so many contradictions surrounding religion nowadays I’m amazed people still follow it.[/quote]
They believe your wrong, you believe their wrong = endless cycle unless both parties admit they are entitled to their own beliefs. Convincing each other through debate is fine of course but when people don’t seem to care about the other parties belief(s) then it becomes an argument as it annoys the other party who in turn annoy the initial party.
Stating it is an opinion is a quick-fix to that type of thing in my opinion because you can always shrug it of and say it’s only an opinion, and that you never said it was a fact and the other party shouldn’t think that they will be able to understand it from their viewpoint as their knowledge differs too much from your own.

If I’m too open minded my brain will fall out

Fake bullshit. Like Stephen Hawkings said, “Religion is for people who are afraid of the dark and whats to come after life.”

Just because you don’t believe in it doesn’t mean you should call it fake bullshit.

Why not? Why should we call out the Emperor for being naked?

I’m gonna have to pass on the whole “be respectful” thing.

@Cole, you do get Christians who don’t necessarly follow the Bibles preachings but they are a Christian.

The belief in Christianity is that you accept Jesus as your savior. It doesn’t state that someone has to read the bible or even go to church for that matter.