The Great RSPS - Please Read!

Hey guys, sorry for the inactivity.
I have this brilliant (maybe) suggestion. We make RS EXACTLY like a specific time (Pre-EOC/2007/Anything else)

[size=14pt]How?[/size]

I dont know how to exactly explain it, but we start off with the best framework there is at the moment (apollo probably). Then, we host this web-server of some sort where EVERYONE who is illegible can make a contribution.

[size=14pt]What if someone tries to erase our work?[/size]

We can get some sort of rollback feature, and everytime someone opens the files, it saves itself before someone types. Therefore, if someone for example named Tr0ll3r9000 decides to erase everything, we rollback to a specific time and there we go!

[size=14pt]What if the code is all wrong and/or non-efficient?[/size]

I have the suggestion that it could go to trusted people to examine the code before it is implemented in and saved (ex:arham 4)

[size=14pt]Why should we do this?[/size]

This will be very rewarding in ways like GAINING players to the rsps community, instead of rapidly losing right now. This would also be a fun activity, as some of us also can improve our programming skills from this.

So, what do you guys think?

I think someone already beat you to the punch:
https://www.moparisthebest.com/smf/index.php/topic,651901.0.html

gg rekt

All public frameworks leave a lot to be desired.

This already exists as version control: git, svn, or even fudgeing cvs.

The only people here qualified to make those decisions probably have no interest.

Oh, and this has been suggested more times than I can recall. It always fails.

[quote=“t4, post:4, topic:547586”][quote author=AliAbid link=topic=666494.msg4456037#msg4456037 date=1414961234]
We can get some sort of rollback feature, and everytime someone opens the files, it saves itself before someone types. Therefore, if someone for example named Tr0ll3r9000 decides to erase everything, we rollback to a specific time and there we go!
[/quote]
This already exists as version control: git, svn, or even fudgeing cvs.[/quote]
Hell even dropbox does a bit of version control. Not like git or anything, but I’ve recovered files I’ve deleted before.

Or people could just help David make the server he has been working on for over a year for Mopar.

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:5, topic:547586”][quote author=t4 link=topic=666494.msg4456045#msg4456045 date=1414963900]

This already exists as version control: git, svn, or even fudgeing cvs.
[/quote]
Hell even dropbox does a bit of version control. Not like git or anything, but I’ve recovered files I’ve deleted before.[/quote]
Now that’s some bullshit. I emailed dropbox to get some files back and they replied saying some shit like “sorry, we aren’t retroactive”… Those bitches

[quote=“wildskiller, post:8, topic:547586”][quote author=sk8rdude461 link=topic=666494.msg4456047#msg4456047 date=1414965685]

Hell even dropbox does a bit of version control. Not like git or anything, but I’ve recovered files I’ve deleted before.
[/quote]
Now that’s some bullshit. I emailed dropbox to get some files back and they replied saying some shit like “sorry, we aren’t retroactive”… Those bitches[/quote]
This is what I’m talking about:

This has been an on going debate since the start of MoparScape

thank you for your great suggestion. I would love to help you out with this. we can both be project leaders? I have loads of great ideas and experience with these rollback features and web server type data controls. I think you would be good to work with and I know the team will need me.

thank you

[quote=“lare69, post:7, topic:547586”][quote author=Elrick link=topic=666494.msg4456052#msg4456052 date=1414967525]
Or people could just help David make the server he has been working on for over a year for Mopar.
[/quote][/quote]