Vencillio CacheDownloader (SOLVED)!

[CENTER]

[size=18pt]this pops up very first[/size]

[size=18pt]Then this[/size]

[size=18pt]I have the cache version on dropbox as this but i have had it at 1, 0.1, .01 as well same errors!![/size]

[size=18pt]Here is what im calling… I have it downloading the cache, and the cache version.txt.[/size]

[size=18pt]WHAT AM I DOING WRONG ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!![/size]

[size=18pt]also i had it working last night, but once i messed with the .jar creator it fked up! PLEASE HELP !!![/size]

[size=18pt]Thanks!,

Mattias[/size]

[size=18pt]Here is the solution i have come up with … if you go into Signlink.java, and search for ( ./Cache/ ), without the parentheses, and change it to the name of your cache, and add c:/ instead of ./, then you will redirect the autodownloader to put a new cache in as an update. Sorry guys for the inconvenience of the large letters before. But i have fixed them. And i hope that this thread will help someone else in need of hekp on this particular code. Thanks, Have a great day! :slight_smile: ![/size]

[/CENTER][/size]

This is the most obnoxious help post I have ever seen.

What’s the full error of the nullpointerexception? Because we need to see that.

However, in this image:

It’s showing it’s failing to grab a .png at www.vencillio.com/Daniel/12.png (because it doesn’t exist). You need to change the link to the appropriate one

I think it’s a good post. Title is appropriate and the thread has lots of information + images.

[quote=“my-swagger, post:3, topic:555596”][quote author=sk8rdude461 link=topic=674808.msg4509538#msg4509538 date=1465578338]
This is the most obnoxious help post I have ever seen.
[/quote]
I think it’s a good post. Title is appropriate and the thread has lots of information + images.[/quote]
It has a 600 pixels taken up by whitespace and images that doesn’t need to exist.
The font is obnoxiously large.

However, yes, it does provide more than your average amount of information and allows us to help, which is a good thing. It just doesn’t need to be this huge. Nor does it need the skype/rsps logo.

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:4, topic:555596”][quote author=my-swagger link=topic=674808.msg4509540#msg4509540 date=1465581679]

I think it’s a good post. Title is appropriate and the thread has lots of information + images.
[/quote]
It has a 600 pixels taken up by whitespace and images that doesn’t need to exist.

However, yes, it does provide more than your average amount of information and allows us to help, which is a good thing. It just doesn’t need to be this huge. Nor does it need the skype/rsps logo.[/quote]

you know, i was up all night at work this night and came home to find this error. I was really tired, and i could barely stay awake. Didnt realize that the font was so large. But you know there is no reason to flame a post. If you are going to flame please dont reply to my posts. I am a very very friendly person. And i care for everybody, so please be nice if you are going to reply to any of my posts. Thanks… Also, the image error has been there ever since the beginning . I stated the problem i was having was that i cant get the cache to download, and go into the folder c:/users/Example/… so it is not downloading or its not looking in the right directory. but everytime i look through the code it still seems to be pointing in the right directory … Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

[quote=“MattiasIsBack, post:5, topic:555596”][quote author=sk8rdude461 link=topic=674808.msg4509541#msg4509541 date=1465582944]

However, yes, it does provide more than your average amount of information and allows us to help, which is a good thing. It just doesn’t need to be this huge. Nor does it need the skype/rsps logo.
[/quote]

you know, i was up all night at work this night and came home to find this error. I was really tired, and i could barely stay awake. Didnt realize that the font was so large. But you know there is no reason to flame a post. If you are going to flame please dont reply to my posts. I am a very very friendly person. And i care for everybody, so please be nice if you are going to reply to any of my posts. Thanks… Also, the image error has been there ever since the beginning . I stated the problem i was having was that i cant get the cache to download, and go into the folder c:/users/Example/… so it is not downloading or its not looking in the right directory. but everytime i look through the code it still seems to be pointing in the right directory … Any help would be great. Thanks guys.[/quote]
I told you the issue though.

[quote=“sk8rdude461, post:2, topic:555596”]What’s the full error of the nullpointerexception? Because we need to see that.

However, in this image:

It’s showing it’s failing to grab a .png at www.vencillio.com/Daniel/12.png (because it doesn’t exist). You need to change the link to the appropriate one
[/quote]

You didn’t seem to read past that one sentence though.

504 error is gateway timeout. Host is probably offline or unavailable hence the error. It is fully unrelated to the actual issue.
If you read the error it’s actually trying to get the image file from .\AncientRuinsCache\main_file_cache.dat - The OP fixed his issue by correcting his paths as mentioned in the thread.

The error has 2 exceptions that are occuring. IOException and FileNotFoundException. 2 different exceptions for different things.

But nice try though :rolleyes:

[quote=“my-swagger, post:7, topic:555596”][quote author=sk8rdude461 link=topic=674808.msg4509650#msg4509650 date=1465980749]
It’s showing it’s failing to grab a .png at www.vencillio.com/Daniel/12.png (because it doesn’t exist). You need to change the link to the appropriate one[/b]
[/quote]
504 error is gateway timeout. Host is probably offline or unavailable hence the error. It is fully unrelated to the actual issue.
If you read the error it’s actually trying to get the image file from .\AncientRuinsCache\main_file_cache.dat - The OP fixed his issue by correcting his paths as mentioned in the thread.

The error has 2 exceptions that are occuring. IOException and FileNotFoundException. 2 different exceptions for different things.

But nice try though :rolleyes:[/quote]
Are you serious?
Try going to the url.

But nice try.

Edit:
before you jump on the “omg but that’s not the nullpointer” well no shit it’s not. If you read my first reply, I was waiting on the OP to supply more information on the nullpointer.

Look the OP is still going to have the IOException because he has not touched the URL code. You can assume the NPE is because of the cache not loading or something but it will not have any direct affect on the OP issue since he’s solved his issue. Either way of it causes issues he can let us know.