Would anyone be interested in a map reset?

Still here waiting =/

Have you considered proactively chasing this up rather than just hoping it will happen magically? Currently zuppers is in control of the minecraft server and you will need to get in contact with him in order to get things moving. If not, I can attempt to organise a meeting in the near future but I will only do it after I have finished my final exams in roughly 3 weeks. Until then, it’s up to you.

At the current time nothing has been organised and we would still like to hear feedback on what everyone actually wants from the server. Obviously we have had pvp suggested however this brings up the issue of moparcraft being turned into a pvp oriented server. It’s very difficult to maintain a pvp server when a large proportion of the community would rather just do their own thing without the risk of being raided, stolen from and killed. The solution for this could be two separate worlds but due to the size of the moparcraft community we would be splitting a tiny amount of people up into even smaller groups which is something that I would personally like to avoid, however it’s not solely up to me.

If anyone has any ideas feel free to voice them.

no fk pvp everyone always kills me

If everyone wants a map reset I’ll do it. I guess i’ll have to also put up the map for download…

[quote=“drubrkletern, post:23, topic:555119”]no fk pvp everyone always kills me[/quote]there won’t even be another person online to kill you tbh

[quote=“Travas, post:25, topic:555119”][quote author=drubrkletern link=topic=674044.msg4509344#msg4509344 date=1465087671]
[/quote]there won’t even be another person online to kill you tbh[/quote]in that case lets do it

[quote=“drubrkletern, post:26, topic:555119”][quote author=Travas link=topic=674044.msg4509447#msg4509447 date=1465331638]

[quote author=drubrkletern link=topic=674044.msg4509344#msg4509344 date=1465087671]
[/quote]there won’t even be another person online to kill you tbh
[/quote]in that case lets do it[/quote]

in that case why does it have to be on then?

cause someone mentioned it and if it doesn’t bother me drub doesnt care its not like i would notice the difference

1.10 is out already wtf! I dont think pvp is worth having on, but I’m open to giving at a trial.

I would be like 100% cool with resetting the map, that’d be awesome.

I say have an option to toggle pvp on and off maybe? That way if two people decide they want to, they can. And those of us who don’t, won’t have to worry about it.

This would be a great feature but unfortunately it’s not available in vanilla minecraft. PvP is enabled and disabled in a config file rather than a toggeable command. It’s either turned on or off unfortunately so if we want to enable it I think we will need some rules to dictate how fights will happen, because all I can vision is constant reports of “he came and killed me while I was AFK”, or “he attacked me and I didn’t want to fight”

There’s no point having rules you can’t categorically enforce through the server side, if you enable PvP on a vanilla build then you’ll get vanilla PvP.

It comes as a trust factor. We can’t enforce people to not steal or grief server side on the vanilla server either but people don’t do it because it’s a rule.

Griefing is easier to enforce with rules since the difference between a few blocks of damage and destroying someones chateau is obvious, but a pain to enforce on the server-side (imo) since it locks up huge amounts of land, isolates people, and makes pvp almost impossible. It’s also universally agreed here that griefing is bad and we’re all pretty much on the same page about what damage is acceptable.

Enforcing pvp rules would be ridiculous - as you said, it would cause dumb arguments and reports. It doesn’t matter what the rules are, there are going to be edge cases and it’s going to be very difficult to report evidence. Even writing a server-side plugin would cause arguments, like sitting with pvp off then turning it on to raid people or surprise attack. You could time delay it, but that’s just adding complexity and just obfuscating other potential abuse. You could make it a one-time choice, but what if people have multiple accounts? And there’s the much bigger problem that as a community we have a very diverse set of opinions on what pvp is acceptable. For example, I’m happy with full on pvp and I only have a problem with excessive spawn killing and hacking. But there are others who think it should be disabled completely and that there’s no place for pvp in minecraft. I don’t think we’re likely to reach a rule-based compromise there, and if we can’t decide on a simple on or off then perhaps we need two worlds?

[quote=“Fuscate, post:34, topic:555119”][quote author=Tom link=topic=674044.msg4509624#msg4509624 date=1465898012]
There’s no point having rules you can’t categorically enforce through the server side, if you enable PvP on a vanilla build then you’ll get vanilla PvP.
[/quote]

It comes as a trust factor. We can’t enforce people to not steal or grief server side on the vanilla server either but people don’t do it because it’s a rule.[/quote]

This mutual bubble of small scale respect that the current players have for one another isn’t systemically sound and certainly doesn’t scale, given the current setup (PvP disabled, etc), it’s natural to attract people within the community who want to build and get along. These players also happen to be either well established members or staff members. As such, you wouldn’t expect them to go around pillaging your beloved builds. If you wish to keep the current whitelist as it is and enable PvP with rules then perhaps you’re right, and trust will prevail, for a while.

The right thing to do would be to petition the site owner for investment so we can get updated plugins, the game is in a more stable stage of development now so hopefully issues we’ve faced in the past (such as a huge map being made pointless because of map rendering updates/loads of new blocks/biomes) won’t exist in the future to such a degree, that’s a better solution than loads of map resets, which is merely a short term answer to the fundamental truth that the game gets boring, if we offer multiworld and people get bored then stop playing. May as well make this segment of the community seem like an asset while you still can, right now from his public posts the site owner doesn’t seem to acknowledge the existence of the server.

The problem is we could be waiting for the new owner to acknowledge the existence of moparcraft for quite a while, because I highly doubt it will be a priority of his to bring life to this side of the website when he eventually takes over.

I briefly touched on the idea of a multi-world system here:

PvP and non-PvP will inherently not work together without enforcing some rules around fighting but as you have both pointed out, it’s very difficult to enfore these kinds of rules and it would be unfair to the players and the staff to even try. To avoid splitting up the community I think for the time being we need to choose one or the other. If in the future the new owner decides to help promote moparcraft and invest some time and resources into it then we should definitely look at a multiple worlds and to just integrate the world we start here into that system.

I definitely think we should leave it the way it is. Even with the small community we have, its still fun to play knowing that all the things you worked so hard for can’t be stolen while you’re offline.