Forum tutorial idea

Would it be acceptable to create a thread that has all the general Runescape information (like login protocol stuff, packet documentation, this new tutorial on map regions and similar things [things that general server hosters may not use, but are cool documentations to have]) into one place and sticky it? It’s great information to further RSPS dev, but it gets lost in the tidal wave of command tutorials and custom minigames.

Add it to the wiki? derp.

[quote=“T4_, post:2, topic:401134”]Add it to the wiki? derp.[/quote]Who actually checks the wiki :expressionless: :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Davidi2, post:3, topic:401134”][quote author=T4_ link=topic=498194.msg3643345#msg3643345 date=1309187082]
Add it to the wiki? derp.
[/quote]Who actually checks the wiki :expressionless: :P[/quote]
Intelligent people who would be SEARCHING for that information in the first place :wink:

http://rswiki.gyrat.in/index.php?title=Main_Page

I wouldn’t copy/paste it into a single sticky, at most I’d just list links to them in a sticky.

I’m pretty sure those who are interested in technical RuneScape information are capable enough to search for it. The tutorial board has numerous stuck threads anyway so I suggest appending threads with “all the general Runescape information” at the top of this sticky.

Also moparisthebest, when will the MoparScape server be “officially released”?

The MoparScape classic server?

What about that ‘317 packet documentation’ thread, why is it in the help section (and why would it be stickied there… :|)

But that’s a good idea Rix_, I could easily modify my generator to have a few select threads go into their own category at the top, if people give me links.

I proposed a while back we could create a child board for all the tutorials people create, and have the parent board contain more formal and intellectual tutorials.

No, the one blakeman8192 submitted. Wasn’t it supposed to be hosted as MoparScape’s RS2 server?

just throwing this out here but the shit in the models board sucks dick and is never used just change it to a mscp gfx section we all know they wont go to mitb

[quote=“Rix_, post:10, topic:401134”][quote author=Moparisthebest link=topic=498194.msg3645783#msg3645783 date=1309364637]
The MoparScape classic server?
[/quote]
No, the one blakeman8192 submitted. Wasn’t it supposed to be hosted as MoparScape’s RS2 server?[/quote]
Well, blakeman was supposed to host a server which was to be called MoparScape’s official RS2 server, but it hasn’t happened as of yet.

[quote=“Moparisthebest, post:12, topic:401134”][quote author=Rix_ link=topic=498194.msg3651632#msg3651632 date=1309776091]

No, the one blakeman8192 submitted. Wasn’t it supposed to be hosted as MoparScape’s RS2 server?
[/quote]
Well, blakeman was supposed to host a server which was to be called MoparScape’s official RS2 server, but it hasn’t happened as of yet.[/quote]

I don’t think he’s doing it anymore, if this is anything to go by:

http://enkrona.net/forums/showthread.php?1314-Leaving

I haven’t spoken to Blake in a while, but I do think that’s the server he was going to sell to you (That’s what he told me a few months back). Boomer who is now fully in control posted this:

http://enkrona.net/forums/showthread.php?1465-The-Future

Which stated enkrona will be switching to another community, but that community isn’t moparscape. But then he goes onto say that it basically is moparscape…I don’t even think they know what they’re doing with that project anymore.

[quote=“Tom_BETA, post:13, topic:401134”][quote author=Moparisthebest link=topic=498194.msg3651908#msg3651908 date=1309797880]

Well, blakeman was supposed to host a server which was to be called MoparScape’s official RS2 server, but it hasn’t happened as of yet.
[/quote]

I don’t think he’s doing it anymore, if this is anything to go by:

http://enkrona.net/forums/showthread.php?1314-Leaving

I haven’t spoken to Blake in a while, but I do think that’s the server he was going to sell to you (That’s what he told me a few months back). Boomer who is now fully in control posted this:

http://enkrona.net/forums/showthread.php?1465-The-Future

Which stated enkrona will be switching to another community, but that community isn’t moparscape. But then he goes onto say that it basically is moparscape…[/quote]
Project looks disgusting :confused:

The contract was with Boomer AND Blake, so just because blake left, it could still happen with Boomer.

You mean the server is going to be hosted? I thought it was supposed to simply be a new base to be used by the community.

It is a new base to be used by the community, but blake/boomer has the option to actually host it and become the ‘official server of moparisthebest.com’.

Maybe we can continue with an old idea of managing a development project for the base, where all users can submit content, but only the most refined and finalized content is added to the public server, which is open source, naturally.

Are there any limitations to you hosting it? I think neither blake nor boomer is interested in that part, nor do they have dedicated servers to give up for it or anything.

if i have a better server to offer you (not that hard) how much $$$ do i get

[quote=“super_, post:19, topic:401134”]if i have a better server to offer you (not that hard) how much $$$ do i get[/quote]like 9999.

Jk, but a fair bit of money. in the thousands somewhere?