Hiding rank title

So, out of curiosity, would it be at all possible to completely hide the rank title under the current alias in threads? No pressure, just idle curiosity (or maybe even a blank usergroup?).

Also, I’ve got a spare key of this if anyone is interested: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humble_Indie_Bundle#Humble_Frozenbyte_Bundle

I was actually just going to make a thread recommending that Community Member go the way of MoparScape Vet, ie, turn it into a hidden rank. (Just like eXemplar has, he shows up as Senior Member, but is also a Community Member) Would anyone be opposed to that, and why?

As to what eXemplar wants, you mean instead of:

eXemplar
Rep: 200
[Rep++] [Rep–]

to:

eXemplar
Rep: 200
[Rep++] [Rep–]

and how would you want it implemented?

1. A setting for you to turn it off for your account for everyone (no one sees your group or stars).
  2. A setting for you to not see any accounts group or stars? (people choose for themselves to either see all groups/stars, or to not see any groups/stars)

SMF certainly doesn’t support it by default, but it doesn’t mean it can’t be done.

I am against this because even though Community Member is absolutly useless I want the ability to shove it into peoples faces. Bragging rights, thats all.

[quote=“Moparisthebest, post:2, topic:417712”]how would you want it implemented?

1. A setting for you to turn it off for your account for everyone (no one sees your group or stars).
  2. A setting for you to not see any accounts group or stars? (people choose for themselves to either see all groups/stars, or to not see any groups/stars)[/quote]
    It would be nice if we could have both options. That way I can hide myself from people that haven’t hidden everyones group/stars AND turn everyones group/stars off for myself.

Bragging rights to who? The entire active user base of mitb is a community member l0l

i demand that post count and join date be shown!!

So we’re hiding semi-useful things like ranks, but keeping the absolutely abused useless things like rep… I see…

I second this motion.

Except this rank is based on the abused thing!

I think it should just be removed entirely or the requirement readjusted, having a rank based on reputation is not a good idea (at least on this forum).

EDIT - When I say removed I meant completely rethought out, sorry for any confusion.

David your a bit new to be suggesting that we remove something that existed well before this forum did lol.

I think you misunderstand me. I don’t want the rank gone, I just think it should be earned in a different way than reputation (because, like mdog said, its abused).

To make the CM-rank more worth, rise the rep requirement and/or set some other requirements like approvals from CM/GM/Admins.

Newty: Time of being here doesn’t mean anything. The argument or idea should stand on its own merits, not the person who made it.

But as pointed out in this thread, why give a shit about ranks? The only ones that matters is Mod/GMod/Admin

yo newfags gtfo

yo oldfag die already

[quote=“Teh Spede, post:11, topic:417712”]yo newfags gtfo[/quote]honk honk

Well I’ve been CM for years and if any changes are made to requirements I should be grandfathered in :expressionless:

NONE OF THIS FUCKING MATTERS, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Forealz, people that just got CM, what has it offered you? Just a new forum to bitch in, apparently.

Remove rep, implement ‘thanked’ posts.

50 THANKS = CM

Nah. I never really liked the idea of linking something like that (or rep, for that matter) to a rank. Display the ‘Thanks’ on the profile where rep is, rank would be unrelated.

Though, perhaps it’d be better named something similar to Facebook’s Like button, or Google’s +1. Because much of the talk over on mitb.com is just general discussion, not really much to thank, other than the bit of activity in the RS2 dev sections.

Call it ‘Agree’

[quote=“Pwnd, post:15, topic:417712”]NONE OF THIS FUCKING MATTERS, SHUT THE FUCK UP.

Forealz, people that just got CM, what has it offered you? Just a new forum to bitch in, apparently.[/quote]
So much useful knowledge about rs cheating!!!

[quote=“tL, post:18, topic:417712”]Nah. I never really liked the idea of linking something like that (or rep, for that matter) to a rank. Display the ‘Thanks’ on the profile where rep is, rank would be unrelated.[/quote]I was being sarcastic