Runefest 2011 Botting Session

“Bots are a much-discussed topic among many MMO players and, at RuneFest 2011, we’ll talk about the bots in RuneScape, our thoughts on them and our plans for combating them. The panel (including Jagex CEO Mark Gerhard) will then open the floor to your questions and comments. If you’ve an opinion on bots (and let’s face it, who doesn’t?) then this is a session that you really need to be a part of.”

can somebody who isn’t a moron please go to this and represent the botting community?

Moparisthebest should dip into the unused sponsored server funds and sponsor someone to go…

So we can tell them the skilling/money making part of the game is boring as fuck?
All I can say is: DO IT!!!

[quote=“sppt, post:3, topic:415793”][quote author=m.dog311 link=topic=517736.msg3761060#msg3761060 date=1316881189]
Moparisthebest should dip into the unused sponsored server funds and sponsor someone to go…
[/quote]
So we can tell them the skilling/money making part of the game is boring as fuck?
All I can say is: DO IT!!![/quote]

^ If you find the entire game boring, why would you bot?

Personally I don’t mind people that bot for skills or their own money, but if they bot only to sell accounts or gold then it is kinda pointless

There will be enough retards blathering about the morality of using bots, that is uninteresting. I want someone to initiate a technical discussion.

Wish I could brosephs, what about tL or Fat Cookies? STEP UP LONDON NIGGAZ

This would be a great use for the Sponsored Server money I think. Mopman would be the best choice I think, could you go? If not, what about tL?

Are you kidding?

[quote=“Moparisthebest, post:8, topic:415793”]This would be a great use for the Sponsored Server money I think. Mopman would be the best choice I think, could you go? If not, what about tL? [/quote]Mopman is agoraphobic.

I would go, and pay for it myself even, but i decided not to as it’s a lot of effort taking a flight to London.

I have to agree with Unhandled about starting a technical discussion. So if you’re going to send someone, send someone who has a good knowledge of the client…

I was going to go, but I didn’t have quite enough money to throw at it this year. VIP tickets aren’t too cheap. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, with the sponsored server fund, does it really matter where the person lives who goes? Not like you’re on a budget, or anything Mopar. How about we force frank_ to go? :stuck_out_tongue:

[quote=“Taharok, post:12, topic:415793”]I was going to go, but I didn’t have quite enough money to throw at it this year. VIP tickets aren’t too cheap. :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, with the sponsored server fund, does it really matter where the person lives who goes? Not like you’re on a budget, or anything Mopar. How about we force frank_ to go? :P[/quote]my vote goes to frank_ if he goes, i will go too.

Ill make tshirts with robots holding hatchets!

[quote=“Frell, post:14, topic:415793”]Ill make tshirts with robots holding hatchets![/quote]Ill make a tshirt saying on front: “I MADE RSBOT”, on back ill hav “U MAD” with trollface

“Reflection is the best!”

It would be hilarious but you can pretty much guarantee you wouldn’t get a word in edgeways.

I reckon they’d throw you out too. On unreasonable grounds, but at the end of the day they wont want to hear what you have to say and that’s the sad truth :mad:

At the end of the day it’s a chance to ask questions on how Jagex are combating bots, I doubt there will be any discussion, more bullshit reassurance to a load of kids about why Jagex “can” and “will” stop the bots.

We should have a mass of people come in robot costumes and yell out websites

I believe I have already suggested that we make tshirts with the logos of all the major bots on it, as well as the Mopar M. Would be quite funny to see their reactions.

frank_ is antisocial it will never work… I would vote Speljohan but hes probably legally bound to suck Jagex cock on arrival and really who wants to see that. I vote mopman

As for the ideas of party crashing, they are all pretty lame and would just get the people thrown out.

I think if someone was serious about it Jagex would probably listen. As for the players of the community that attend they will probably want to QQ

It’s 3AM I’m drunk I don’t have work tomorrow I expect each and every Member of this section to come up with some sexists remarks and throw my comments out of the discussion as usual.